Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does your username mean/ why did you pick it?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭TheBully

Don't ask me or il knock your block off

• Registered Users Posts: 21,521 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Came here with questions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭jeanjolie

I was a user on another forum with the name jean. I picked that name originally because I met an attractive French white girl my age in Monaco who looked about 25 was 4 inches taller than me and played tennis and very muscular in a hot way.:):p:o Farthest thing from my 5ft 4in scrawny non athletic self. What got me hooked was the fact that she was born in the same country as me (I'm not Irish or European).

so I picked jean pretty i.e. jeanjolie.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Been an outlaw for most of my life tbh.

When I was six months old I'd already spent three months in jail and when I got out I robbed a bank in my diapers and me bare feet. When I was 25 I a stole a pony and one night I awoke from a vision of my own death. So next morning I saddled up my pony and rode out deep into the West. Shortly after I aarried a girl and settled down.

Then one day I was peacefully fishing by a river and a bounty hunter called Dan came to get me. He took out his gun but I drew a knife from my boot, threw it, and pierced him through the heart. Dan smiled as he lay there dying in his blood but just before he died he whispered in my ear ""We cannot undo these things we've done".

That freaked my head out and so for the next forty days and nights I rode and I didn't stop until I found this ridge. It was high up on an icy mountain top. I watched a hawk slip and slide for a while. Then I moved to the edge, and dug my spurs deep into the pony's side.

Oh and my name is (was?) Pete.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

From the movie the Goonies, when Mickey calls Data "OOnegative".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,238 ✭✭✭munster87

Been an outlaw most of my life tbh.

When I was six months old I'd already spent three months in jail and when I got out I robbed a bank in my diapers and my bare feet. When I was 25 I a stole a pony and then one night I awoke from a vision of my own death. So I saddled my pony up and rode out deep into the West. Married a girl and settled down.

One day I was peacefully fishing by a river and a bounty hunter called Dan came to get me. He took out his gun but I drew a knife from my boot, threw it, and pierced him through the heart. Dan smiled as he lay dying in his blood but just before he died he whispered in my ear ""We cannot undo these things we've done".

For forty days and nights I rode and I didn't stop until I found this ridge high up on an icy mountain top. I watched a hawk slip and slide for a while. Then I moved to the edge, and dug my spurs deep into the pony's side.

Oh and my name is (was?) Pete.

Think of that Springsteen song every time I see one of your posts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

I like blowing ****e up... .. Mixed with my name

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Estrellita

Estrellita means 'Little Star' en Español :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

Estrellita wrote: »
    Estrellita means 'Little Star' en Español :)

Ohh that's real perty :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,130 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

My name isn't james. Nor bond. I'm not particularly junior neither. Just loved the cartoon as a kid. I closed another account just to rename myself as it happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,275 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

My name isn't james. Nor bond. I'm not particularly junior neither. Just loved the cartoon as a kid. I closed another account just to rename myself as it happens.

Do you at least chase scum around the world?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭Filmer Paradise

I like classic cars & read about them & the companies that made them.

Filmer Paradise was a fast talking American high ranking sales dude with Ford & British Leyland back in the day.

A name like that tends to stick in ones mind...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,334 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I think I was eating popcorn at the time and the fresh stuff not the stuff out of a foil bag!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Erik Shin

I just like thinking up mildly amusing names...this is probably my 10th or 12th reincarnation here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

It's me. No funny story. No seeing something or eating something on the toilet or anything like that. Quite boring. Sorry to disappoint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Cause I'm on rail like a train

Chooo chooo

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

What does your username mean?
    Comes from Viz comic's Roger Irrelevant. Sorta.

Screen-Shot-2014-10-16-at-09.55.41.png

He and other actors in his world would say "wibble" a lot and since I'm wont to wander off on ind numbingly odd and dull tangents... The word "planets" we use to describe our local heavenly bodies comes from the Greek "planetie"(sp) their word for "wandering thing"... I used that as a username early on, back before the Great Depression(of Facebook/Snapchat) in other forums and shortened it to Wibbs here.

And yes I am most certainly completely hatstand. #fribber

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

Wibbs wrote: »
    Comes from Viz comic's Roger Irrelevant. Sorta.

Screen-Shot-2014-10-16-at-09.55.41.png

He and other actors in his world would say "wibble" a lot and since I'm wont to wander off on ind numbingly odd and dull tangents... The word "planets" we use to describe our local heavenly bodies comes from the Greek "planetie"(sp) their word for "wandering thing"... I used that as a username early on, back before the Great Depression(of Facebook/Snapchat) in other forums and shortened it to Wibbs here.

And yes I am most certainly completely hatstand. #fribber

Apt username (so your long posts and customary * are forgiven)

Plus, Viz being such a classless classic, means i can hold no grudge against any fan for any past, present or future offense.

* the additional info might or might not be relevant to the topic but the fact that your posts have been scientifically proven to loosen knicker elastic, is worthy of mention. Also, it would be useful to include the trademark symbol from MS Word; write the addendum in a smaller font size or just have this bit longer than the OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,409 ✭✭✭boardise

I didn't pick it - it picked me.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Smurfette principle

Because I am transsexual and if you wiki "Smurfette principle" the first line ends with "to include only one woman in an otherwise entirely male ensemble" which is pretty much a good description of us in 15 words or less

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭r93kaey5p2izun

CeilingFly wrote: »
    You'd never guess how I picked mine! :-D

You're a fan of René Descartes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

I was changing accounts from a prior one. Looked around the room. There was literally a mirror on the wall

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Two of my favourite things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

Two of my favourite things.
    You like fried eggs on toast?!

Joanna Krupa has, imo, the nicest pair of knpckers out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭Stigura

It's as close as one can get to my surname. Translated into a language probably only Wibbs would have even heard of.

I've just sort of run out of ideas for bloody handles. Scraping the barrel now :o

• Registered Users Posts: 33,167 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Everyone else is going with Fr Ted names and I just wanted to be different.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

My first and last initials and half my maiden name. Squished together when I was still married.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

One of my favourite songs is Summer Wind by Frank Sinatra.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,759 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

My username came from a Jordan Formula 1 car. It won 2 races and finished 3rd in the 1999 F1 Constructors Championship.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

I'm an eyebot

Advertisement