Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does your username mean/ why did you pick it?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭The Pheasant2

Reference to a bit by Dara O'Briain which I found amusing at the time; 2 because I was locked out of my first account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

From a tv program I watched when I was a child- Forty Coats. Realised after it should have been whirligig but I had the mistake made and just said fcuk it, that'll do :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Where I'm from and what I am......really simple, just like me.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Comes from this.

The song was just in my head when I signed up. I initially thought that you could change your username on demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭mosi

Mine refers to Mosi oa Tunya, the local name for Victoria Falls which translates as "the smoke that thunders". I have great memories of visiting there. Mosi is also the name of the beer I enjoyed on many an evening in Zambia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Read into my username what you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭The Oort Cloud

My user-name is in relation to 'Out There' beyond the dwarf Pluto planet, out in the cold where comets reside looking in on this planet and its workings. It's cold out there.

From afar I see turbulence in Ireland in regards to people having to work in the year 2017, and also feeling the disturbance of government control forwarded upon the citizens also controlled by the big banks of which can-not-fail whether death to the citizens.

Looking down upon my fellow spiritual beings, I see forgetfulness. Let me enlighten you...

Do you remember the previous recession when the same arse-holes FF/FG/LB collectively shut down most of the Garda stations and especially the one's in the rural area's... The government at the time showed clarity that they didn't give a **** about you or its country's citizens, they just cleaned you out for the failed banks and left you with what you currently had and not much protection from the states justice system in regards to the closure of garda stations nation-wide of which a lot of rural folk suffered dearly, even death from burglaries and the many suicides that commenced thereafter. An Irish tragedy.

Remember the un-guaranteed bond holders that took a bet and then lost and then went back to the bookies/government and wanted their money back from 'you', even though they betted and lost, they got it all back. That would be like you as an individual walking in to the bookies and putting a bet on a horse to come in, but your horse did not win, so you lost the bet. Imagine you going back into the bookies and saying to them that you lost the bet but you still want your money back... you would be called crazy and thrown out of the premises. The government paid them off from your money added to the tune of a few generations of your children's payments as well. Day-light robbery.

Apple owes virtually all of the 13 Billion to Ireland from back-taxes according to Margrethe Vestager, but do you think your government has your best interests at heart again ? The monies owed in tax to Ireland from apple are 'fort-knoxed' and it would possibly take an act of god for our government to release this owed money back into the Irish economy of which it should be, as it is owed money to the Irish state in taxes. Your government shows that it has other interests at hand other than the citizens of Ireland.

We are sold out now for being the folk with too much work to do and bill worries that you just do not have time to collectively as a nation pull the plug on these same old corrupt government politicians. Who votes for corrupt politicians that do not have the best interests of it's citizens at hand ?.

Ah sure you might say that it will be alright next year, that's the saying. The same old acceptance of indoctrinated mental slavery being forwarded from the heads/elites to the little folk that are too busy in their daily lives to even have a second of spare time to ponder this, but most will always submit to the on-high.

Minimal Capacity of time to realistically think. Too little time to think, your life is too busy to think about this. If I think about it it would drive me mad as I haven't the time. I can't find the time to think or do anything about it, I am too busy. I have more important things to think about. Let some-one else deal with it I'm too busy again. And the circle goes around and around for infinity.

Fin/ity

Individual people have different thoughts and understanding in regard to others opinions, but the problem is this... there are some people out there that will do everything in their power to cut you off when they do not like your opinion even when it is truth.

https://youtu.be/v8EseBe4eIU

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭bigwillie

Nickname as a kid, was very fat growing up,lost a lot of weight since.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Personal Year and the year I joined!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

bigwillie wrote: »
    Nickname as a kid, was very fat growing up,lost a lot of weight since.

Not what I would have thought on first glance...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭Barry Badrinath

Omackeral wrote: »
    Not what I would have thought on first glance...

Were ya dissapointed not to see a big willie?

Im not 100% sure where my username came from.....my next one will be Freduardo Sanchez though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

I had this version of this song stuck in my head at the time of signing up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

My name is borrowed from the political, musical & colourful anarchist known as Screaming Lord Sutch of the Monster Raving Loony Party!

Some posters will remember him in top hat & colourful costume, appearing at the count centres on election night TV over the years.....

The real sutch is no longer with us, and I too will be bowing out 'from these pages' soon. I'm told his party 'the Monster Raving loony party' continues to exist with a new leader.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Atoms for Peace

Sounds nice and cuddly initially while in reality being quite cynical and sarcastically passive aggresive, perfect so for the interweb :).

Atoms for peace was a US programme that set out to repurpose nuclear energy for peaceful uses, wasn't entirely successful though as it resulted in the proliferation of nuclear technology.

Oh and it's also the name of a supergroup featuring Thom Yorke of Radiohead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

It is what I am

• Registered Users Posts: 4,400 ✭✭✭lukesmom

Mine is very easy to understand.
    I am luke's mother

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

lukesmom wrote: »
    Mine is very easy to understand.
    I am luke's mother

The lesser known "Luke, I am your mother."

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭alberto67

I wanted to be among the first listed in the active users' list (starts with a "a"). The number seven is because it was just beside six and six was after five.
    A boardsie to remember...

he-he

It's my name, but not enough to find me

• Registered Users Posts: 8,366 ✭✭✭corner of hells

My own name is from the area of Dublin I'm from.. the Four Corners of Hell.

I lived in Dublin for a while but never heard of it, just googled it now, interesting!

One of parents was born above one of the pubs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,366 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    My username came from a Jordan Formula 1 car. It won 2 races and finished 3rd in the 1999 F1 Constructors Championship.

Nothing to do with the slapper/model ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

One of Quintin Hapsburgs henchmen :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

SAM%2BCADEsamcade9.jpg

I got my username from this man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,196 ✭✭✭boardsuser1

One of Quintin Hapsburgs henchmen :)

Drebin is no longer with us, Nordberg will be out soon though :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Drebin is no longer with us, Nordberg will be out soon though :pac:

I had a run in with a hose, so not in the best of shape :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭Chester Copperpot

The lad that went to find the treasure in the goonies but ended up being killed by a booby trap and the kids found his skeletal remains in a tunnel

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Was rereading the Bockris biography of Andy Warhol when I signed up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

After a time away and a closed account I wanted to reuse my old avatar, but for the life of me I couldn't remember exactly how I made it. It was a small section from an art work showing an eye that could also be mistaken for the moon and cloud. So, if I couldn't have that...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

My name is the boringest on boards.
    I tried for TropicAnna but it was taken, the bitch.
    I got fed up and settled for whatever was left

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

A conversation myself and a friend had musing on how many dogs were actually involved in the top gear dog that appeared in a few episodes...

We figured they had topgear1, 2, 3 etc.

So top gear 1 = the original dog... It made sense at the time!

Advertisement