Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No Time to Die **Spoilers from post #1449 onward**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,137 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Easten

First off it's really good movie, well worth going to see. I'm not a fan of any of the other Craig bond movies, I think they all had poor scripts or were just badly made. But this one is different.

My ratings

Action sequences : 4/5, some of the best Cinema action I've seen in a while, great chase scenes and close up action worked well.

Acting: 4/5 Main characters were all 5/5, Craig was brilliant so was Rami, Madeleine and especially Paloma, just a pity we didn't get to see more of her.

Script 4/5 It's a good story, well written. Yes I'd have ideas for maybe Rami, and think they could have left some strings to future stories but I guess they wanted to tidy up the Craig era and the ending was 5/5

Overall 4/5 Fully entertaining Friday night at the movies!

What surprised me was the small amount of people at the movie for a Friday night Showing, am I wrong in saying that this is a Blockbuster franchise that used to pack Cinemas, so where is everybody? Are people not going out still due to Covid as it certainly looks that way? or is it a case that no one bothers with the Cinema anymore?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,300 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Went to see it with son last night, I’ve always looked forward to new Bond films, I’ve seen them all in cinemas since A View to a Kill.

I very much enjoyed NTTD, but, found it too long by about 20mins, thought some of the dialogue was a bit clunky and I did not like Rami Malek as the main protagonist at all, in fact I thought he was crap, no menace. I liked the female CIA agent, that was a really enjoyable scene when she kicked ass, and to be honest, didn’t think the new 007 added much to the film.

Overall, 7/10, I’ll watch it again when available for home viewing, I might enjoy it more when I see it again, or be less impressed when it isn’t on a cinema screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Heraclius

I saw it today and it was vastly more satisfying than "Spectre". The action was exciting, the locations beautiful and unlike the previous post I liked the villain. I enjoyed having a daft villain with a lair again.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,816 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

So I seen the film today and will say I wish I had of watched Spectre before it but I enjoyed it. Its only 2 hours 40mins by the way. There was 20 mins of trailers and advertisements which is not bad for Vue Cinema's. Its normally longer.

What an ending. Certainly no coming back from that. The next film will be very interesting indeed.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭McFly85

Just home, and I have to say I absolutely loved it. The locations were amazing, there was plenty of action and I thought the new characters were great! I agree bond didn’t get enough screen time with the villain but the scenes he did have were great. I don’t understand people complaining about him when it’s a classic bond trope to have a mad villain with a daft plan.

Wonderful send off for Craig’s bond, a series that has had some hits and misses but has successfully redefined what bond can be IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭ahappychappy

Went with my eldest, 13 year old lad - he said too long but good action scenes. I enjoyed it, a bit long but to be fair was engaging. Felt they could have had more banter between the characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Absolutely loved it. A brilliant end to Craigs tenure.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭PaoloGotti

Just back from seeing. Load of cr@p. The entire point of this movie release seems to have been to pave the way for a black female 007. And of course they had to have a token gay lad in Q.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,315 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Since when did an actor's tenure as Bond have to conclude like Craig's did?

Were they bored of the franchise!?

• Advertisement

The actor wanted out, and got to leave on his terms. Don’t think any other Bond could say that. Better than the usual way of getting too old or making a film so bad nobody will mind to see the back of you

• Probably not now, things have indeed changed. It’s not going to be quite a Sherlock Holmes v Moriarty at Rheichenbach Falls, resuming to normal business.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,315 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

His terms being that he gets to be the last Bond? Tad hubristic if that's actually the case.

I'd be a little bit surprised though.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,790 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

I think since they established James Bond and 007 was given to people I have been expecting this ending

If you really think this is what the film is paving away then you are totally blinkered. I think it does the opposite well the female bit anyway.

The CIA agent will get a movie first. For someone who was so short in the movie to one of the most memorable new characters. They are now looking how to do a movie

I say if the movie had been held originally we would have known around now who the new Bond would be

• Registered Users Posts: 14,300 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

It isn’t a documentary, does anyone think Bond is 120 yrs old? Apparently he has been shot at 5000 times during the Bond films, Felix has changed race. There will be a reboot with a new actor.

What makes you think wanting to be the last Bond.

What CIA agent? Both American spies died…

Edit: I guess you mean Paloma. Well if you read into her bit part appearance that much the mind boggles. They literally gave the 007 code name to the black female…

• Definitely going to be a new type of Bond altogether, not sure if the guest band will be necessarily be James.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Let's say they cast a new Bond, what would be the draw? They've done it all, capped off with excellent movies by Craig. My guess is that they may try a different direction, yes purists will complain, but honestly I don't think a new face same formula will sell tickets anymore.

• Advertisement

My prediction: they will go for a female or black or both lead and make another ghostbusters 2016 / ocean’s eight that will flop.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Hans Zimmer would want to start composing some new pieces, felt like was watching Batman Begins with the soundtrack

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Happydays2020

Is the film worth a night out at the pictures? Or wait for the DVD?

The character needs a good long break I think, let the dust settle on the Craig era and see if the future political climate serves to use the character in an interesting way.

In the meantime if they wanted to do a post-Craig 007 with Lynch to see how it goes I think it could be interesting, if a little jarring to see that universe without the character that’s been so central to it.

Why the F does the political climate matter?

Lynch as a central character is nothing but white knighting. It’s so transparent from the film studios it’s sickening.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,848 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Yes, they need to give people time, and the franchise a break. They have finished the Craig Bond universe with a bittersweet zenith, a quintessential Bond film that harks to the past, to the modern and has an ultimate finale - jesus christ next to impossible to top.

Technically they could keep the same crew (Q, M, Moneypenny, etc as they are young enough) but that would just mean direct comparisons to Craig for the next unfortunate Bond - I don't think anyone could pull it off in that universe. I suspect they'll have to come up with a new universe. I know plenty of people are already frothing with the notions that they'll make a super politically correct "Bond", but I think the studio is too smart to make a mistake like that.

They are in a very hard spot for the next Bond that's for sure.

And by the end did not have it or did you watch the movie.

They planted the seed firmly…deny all you want.

• Advertisement

Advertisement