Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 214 - DC vs Jones

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Maia Decision
    Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Ye I thought I was hearing things

It was bizarre. So he did take steroids, right up til DC 1?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Maia Decision
    https://twitter.com/btsportufc/status/891541421286502400

As we all called, that boat had sailed only 2 days ago now its 100% on Dana is gas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Maia Decision
    Gamebred wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/btsportufc/status/891541421286502400

As we all called, that boat had sailed only 2 days ago now its 100% on Dana is gas.

He just said it live on the presser as well. No date yet though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Woodley Sub
    I got all four right (not the method of victory with Woodley though):

Yup, all four! Cowboy won and I don't care what ye all say. G'nite to ye :P

So that's why you were raving about impossible scoring ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭MMayweather

John McCarthy should never ref again. Rewatch it, nonsensical violence.

Joe Rogan should apologise to Cormier. That was disgusting to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

DC KO/TKO
    Great card,DC/Jones fight was epic.
    Some of those body shots from Jones were vicious especially that knee in round 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Jones is just too much for Cormier.....and I think he knows it himself

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

12 inch reach advantage is just ridiculous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,006 ✭✭✭✭rob316

JJayoo wrote: »
    12 inch reach advantage is just ridiculous.

Huge advantage and what is he 5 inches taller than DC?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,601 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Maia Decision
    I have to say, I was sickened for DC there. Ended up rooting for him, roaring for him to win. It would be funny to see Brock wreck Jones but I don't think that fight ever happens via double steroids KO.

Was hard to watch Evinger made look like she was done random woman plucked from the seats and offered as sacrifice to Cyborg. That division is ridiculous, who in their right mind won't try cut to 135 or just go fight in Invicta since Cyborg is gone now.

Maia Woodley fight was awful. I love BJJ but I HATE watching guys shoot for their life hugging ankles. Woodley did a great job but he's still a boring fence grabbing bollox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Woodley Sub
    I worry for DC after a defeat like that it could affect him mentally as he had so much invested in it

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Maia Decision
    So that's why you were raving about impossible scoring ;)

Yeah, that might make sense if I was the only one saying it but that's far from the case.

If it was anyone other than Cowboy I feel there'd be much more noise about the guy getting robbed..... but people like Robbie far more that they do Cerrone and so not much will be said.... but there's not a chance he did enough to win that fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Maia Decision
    I'd say he will be so so frustrated as he was looking great but got caught with a relatively simple head kick.

But seriously, that size difference. David v Goliath.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Woodley Sub
    ricero wrote: »
    I worry for DC after a defeat like that it could affect him mentally as he had so much invested in it

I completely agree. His comments in the build up about how hard he made things for his family and friends after the first defeat were eye-opening.

The only thing is he has been through far, far tougher in life, stuff of which puts fighting into perspective massively so I'm sure he will pull through and come out the other side.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Maia Decision
    This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

Maia Decision
    GSP v Bisping was always the fight the UFC was going to make, sort of sad to see Dana throw Woodley under the bus. Before the fight, Dana was saying "there's a good chance this fight sucks with the styles involved" but I felt like he was banking on it sucking so they could have an excuse to go back to Bisping-GSP.

Ariel said it's set for November 4th in MSG.

Next fights (I hope):

Jones v Gus
    DC v Oezdemir
    GSP v Bisping
    Maia v Gastelum
    Woodley v Conor
    Cyborg v Holly

• Registered Users Posts: 39,159 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Maia Decision
    selassie wrote: »
    Evinger is not UFC calibre
    I can't think of a single UFC caliber featherweight female other than Cyborg tbh
    Least strikes thrown in a fight. What were you judging it on. If maia hadnt of went forward woodley would have done nothing (they barely done anything betweem them) im ot sure what judges look for in a woodley fight. Maybe they have a nap and just give him yhe decison when its over
    Woodley landed the least amount of strikes of any WW champion winner. But he still landed twice as many as Maia.

I'm as big a Maia fa as you'll find around here, as much as it pains me to say it, he clearly lost that fight. Woodley should have been docked a point imo, and he'd still have won.
    Why is Joe interviewing him right now!? He always said he was against the idea of interviewing after a knockout
    Gamebred wrote: »
    Rogan is a wanker interviewing DC there.

Kinda have to remember Rogan is an employee. I'd be surprised if he has any say in that stuff. I've always assumed when he says "I don't really like interviewing fighters after they'be been knocked out..." he'implying that "bu these pricks are making me".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

Woodley Sub
    Mellor wrote: »
    I can't think of a single UFC caliber featherweight female other than Cyborg tbh

Woodley landed the least amount of strikes of any WW champion winner. But he still landed twice as many as Maia.

I'm as big a Maia fa as you'll find around here, as much as it pains me to say it, he clearly lost that fight. Woodley should have been docked a point imo, and he'd still have won.

Kinda have to remember Rogan is an employee. I'd be surprised if he has any say in that stuff. I've always assumed when he says "I don't really like interviewing fighters after they'be been knocked out..." he'implying that "bu these pricks are making me".

Think Dana told him not to interview him but he did it anyway. I'm probably wrong though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Maia KO/TKO
    If be very surprised if Rogan had no say in interviewing DC, they stopped interviewing losers who were finished after he brought it up on JRE, so he clearly has some say.

Maia Decision
    Interesting disclosed payouts:

DC - $1,000,000
    Jones - $500,000
    Woodley - $500,000
    Lawler - $300,000 (100k win bonus)
    Cyborg - $200,000
    Cowboy - $155,000
    Manuwa - $120,000
    Oezdemir - $110,000 (30k win bonus)
    Maia - $110,000
    Evinger $100,000

Dana says PPV trending over 1 million, which could mean anything to be fair.

Feels a bit weird Maia having 19 wins in the UFC and getting paid 10 grand more than Evinger on her debut.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,730 ✭✭✭lertsnim

If be very surprised if Rogan had no say in interviewing DC, they stopped interviewing losers who were finished after he brought it up on JRE, so he clearly has some say.

The producer and director would make that call. Not Joe Rogan.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Woodley Sub
    Yeah, that might make sense if I was the only one saying it but that's far from the case.

If it was anyone other than Cowboy I feel there'd be much more noise about the guy getting robbed..... but people like Robbie far more that they do Cerrone and so not much will be said.... but there's not a chance he did enough to win that fight.

Ffs, it was a close fight. Calling it a robbery is a joke. Typing "cowboy robbed" into Twitter is evidence of nothing.

Maia Decision
    lertsnim wrote: »
    The producer and director would make that call. Not Joe Rogan.

Dana said the production team told Rogan NOT to interview DC and Rogan made the call himself. I'd usually take what Dana says with a pinch of salt, but Rogan did say something similar at the close of the show, saying he kinda regretted it but felt he should give DC a chance to say something.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Maia Decision
    Ariel should have DC on tomorrow so the two of them can have a good cry.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Woodley Sub
    Dana said the production team told Rogan NOT to interview DC and Rogan made the call himself. I'd usually take what Dana says with a pinch of salt, but Rogan did say something similar at the close of the show, saying he kinda regretted it but felt he should give DC a chance to say something.

I like Joe, but he just can't help himself.

The incident with Schaub on his podcast a couple of years ago was the perfect example.

That's a conversation he could and should have had privately but again he couldn't help himself and pulls the "oh I probably shouldn't have done that" card afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,601 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Maia Decision
    D.Q wrote: »
    Ariel should have DC on tomorrow so the two of them can have a good cry.

SAVAGE!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,449 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Woodley Sub
    Maia getting shafted there with his pay as is Cowboy.

Two company men and it's not even worth it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

what a card, lived up to the hype (mostly).

really enjoyed the prelims, ortega in particular is a beast.

lawler v cerrone - close fight, i thought cerrone took it tbh. lawler doesn't look like the fighter he was. he was only impressive in the first flurry really. thought lawler was a real prick to cowboy too, cowboy clearly respects the hell out of him and even after the fight lawler had no time for him. i wonder did something else happen between them?

cyborg was a beast as usual. the fight only went on so long cause cyborg wanted it to. she wanted to show people her range of skills. that other girl looks like some bum out of the crowd. she looks badly out of shape too. hard to believe she's a champion.

woodley getting lots of hate unjustly imo. he was facing the best BJJ guy in the world, stuffed every single one of his takedown attempts. that was incredible tbh. people wanting him to charge around after him need to get a clue. it's not the WWE ffs. dana in particular is a ****ing major league asshole for his comments afterwards and taking away the GSP fight from him. total disrespect. if i was woodley i would say **** you and head to bellator. i hope he does.

and finally dc jones - was a great fight. DC had great success getting inside jones range, especially in round 2. he was oozing confidence and i think jones was rattled for a while, but kept his cool and got the win. i felt sorry for DC honestly, he doesn't take losing well. wtf was rogan doing intervewing him afterwards though, dick move and he knows it too. jones is a scumbag though, he really needs to take a beating from someone. the lesnar fight should not be allowed, it's not even a superfight, it's a novelty fight. jones is back, he should be fighting the best at LHW or HW. lesnar is an old man who can't handle getting punched.

Advertisement