Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

United People, It's Time For Ruddy Change!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭TheAnalyst_

I was checking out the re ent by election results and came across a Rudd like character who had entered in all four finishing last in all.

Check out his polling record.

https://electionsireland.org/candidate.cfm?ID=4218

A quick google brings up some horrendous political views.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,966 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Yep (he ran in my constituency), here is some of his wonderful literature from the marriage equality referendum in 2015. (the subsequent repeal the 8th vote must have blown his tiny little mind entirely). He actually thinks the Ugandan "Kill The Gays" legislation is something we should emulate.

ckeddy2.jpg

ckeddy1.jpg

He didn't appear on the Radio 1 debate obviously, only five candidates did (and it still got confusing who was who!) but he was invited to do a short recording, it was little more than shouting "I AM YOUR ANTI-ABORTION CANDIDATE"

95 votes.

There was also Peter Madden who declined the opportunity for free publicity on RTE, was extremely low-key except for having a website with pictures of him walking down a beach and shyte like that. Then at the end of the page it said that he "endorses the policies of Anti-Corruption Ireland" aka Gemmaroids

71 votes.

Why the fk do these people bother when they put zero effort into getting publicity, never mind getting elected? We should really whack up the deposit because there's just too many lunatics on ballot papers wasting space.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

That man has been running in elections for years with no success

In 2007 he spent thousands on posters, days sticking them up but got hoodwinked by not actually remembering to register as a candidate.

He was "Sick As A Parrot" afterwards

https://www.independent.ie/regionals/wicklowpeople/news/charlie-fails-to-register-before-the-closing-date-27739451.html

:pac: funniest thing I've read in ages

The laws we have now about not putting up posters until X days before the vote unfortunately protect the likes of him from some of the effects of their own stupidity.

Somehow or other he was a mainstream Labour local election candidate in 1985* and got 448 votes, the most he's ever got and probably twice that might have put him in contention for a seat!

https://irishelectionliterature.com/?s=keddy

* even though they dared not speak about gayness or abortion, legalising contraception and divorce were definitely core Labour policies at that time, things it's hard to imagine he's in favour of today.

Life ain't always empty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭SaintLeibowitz

:pac: funniest thing I've read in ages

The laws we have now about not putting up posters until X days before the vote unfortunately protect the likes of him from some of the effects of their own stupidity.

Somehow or other he was a mainstream Labour local election candidate in 1985* and got 448 votes, the most he's ever got and probably twice that might have put him in contention for a seat!

https://irishelectionliterature.com/?s=keddy

* even though they dared not speak about gayness or abortion, legalising contraception and divorce were definitely core Labour policies at that time, things it's hard to imagine he's in favour of today.

He used to go around in a banjaxed purple van before elections with a speaker. Could never understand what he was saying driving by.

Rumour has it that when he was young man he convinced a nun to leave the church and marry him.

• Advertisement

Nowt wrong with that, he must be quite persuavive :)

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

And he still got/gets a lot more votes than Dudd!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,670 ✭✭✭whippet

Jeff is ramping up the UP message in anticipation of a General Election in the new year - the message is simple - More accountability.

As we all know Jeff is always accountable!

Apparently he 'must be defeated' in the election as the government don't want him using parliamentary privilege to speak his mind !!! he would have too much 'crap' to say.

At least he is honest when he says 'crap' but you'd have to question why he would only be able to say it with the protection of parliamentary privilege - is this because he won't have to actually produce any facts he can stand over ?

The season for notions is upon us !!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,029 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

I think if you totalled up all the votes he's ever gotten in every election he's stood in he still wouldn't get his deposit back..

Yet somehow he's being "silenced" ?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

So, I was looking at The Hub Irelands output for an unrelated fremannery reason, and lo and behold they have shared Jeffs Version 4 of the Jobpath scandal yokey.

I am sure Jeff is delighted with the publicity.

However, the one person who has commented has shown why ne'er do wells like jeff will never get anywhere.

They just can't line up their ideologies.
    497189.JPG

Full of confidence that deregistration is the only way to change the world, not taking down the system from inside like jeff plans.

Otherwise I am sure their ideas line up, but they are just both too sure they are cleverer than everyone in the room and only their way is right.

I am sure jeff appreciates the lecture.

Shame he can't just delete her comment.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

He still ran for them in '91 when both would have been part of the overall policy package (decriminalisation was part of Labours requirements to go in to Government the next year for instance).

So did he take up those views after '91 or was he doing the worlds biggest nose-holding? Considering pretty much none of his other policies match either its quite inexplicable. Labour had a strong enough organisation in Wicklow too then so didn't need to run just anyone

“ It's been decided that the JobPath 4th edition is so important - that it must be wider shared in January so more citizens can greater know many truths other parties wish to continue hiding - that the report will be made available for FREE in audio book format too.
    Upon release, the report will be shared from a number of locations including the UnitedPeople website. Again, it will be 100% free.”

Who decided it was important enough ? Jeff?

I really hope Morgan Freeman will do the audio book .... no updates on the production schedule of the blockbuster movie mind you

The Ruddish is flowing tonight :
    It's become widespread known that this issue and others has helped to give FG a royal kicking at the recent 4 local by-elections.

Hope he's had his jobpath thingy proofread before publication :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭TheRepentent

Hope he's had his jobpath thingy proofread before publication :P
    Can ou imagine the audio book version he's gonna release :pac:

He has far too much time on his hands !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

whippet wrote: »
    ...wider shared...
    ...greater know...
    ...widespread known...

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Utter Consternation

Can ou imagine the audio book version he's gonna release :pac:

I'm not sure he ever reads anything he writes. He fcuking can't!! If he did he would have to realise the majority of it is total gibberish.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,409 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I'm not sure he ever reads anything he writes. He fcuking can't!! If he did he would have to realise the majority of it is total gibberish.

Rudderish if you please.

stream of consciousness,

a modern day Ulysses.

Stream of piss.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Anything more about the possible probable Internationally releasable documentary he's starring in?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,646 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

humberklog wrote: »
    Anything more about the possible probable Internationally releasable documentary he's starring in?

You are Jeff Rudd, and I claim my 5 pounds.

El Weirdo wrote: »
    You are Jeff Rudd, and I claim my 5 pounds.

You've kopped me!

humberklog wrote: »
    You've kopped me!
    8000 posts in 12 years, far too much restraint for our hero

now he is thinking of having a crusade against the cost of waste collection - he even put in a lovely pun about people saying he is talking rubbish but this time he is !!!

I'm sure this is probably triggered about having to pay for his own waste on the run up to xmas and decides that it's a national crisis.

Of course the solution involves a state subsidised company to start competing against the private companies .... but this totally ignores the EU laws on state sponsored competition - so would be a non runner for a start. But we all know the true objective - to make the actual tax payers pay for his waste collection.

eldamo wrote: »
    8000 posts in 12 years, far too much restraint for our hero

I'm too busy protecting the stars and defending the little man to be hammering away all day on a bloody keyboard!

Not all heros like capers. Or something.

now he is thinking of having a crusade against the cost of waste collection - he even put in a lovely pun about people saying he is talking rubbish but this time he is !!!

I'm sure this is probably triggered about having to pay for his own waste on the run up to xmas and decides that it's a national crisis.

Of course the solution involves a state subsidised company to start competing against the private companies .... but this totally ignores the EU laws on state sponsored competition - so would be a non runner for a start. But we all know the true objective - to make the actual tax payers pay for his waste collection.

How will we pay for it?

General Taxation!

Who's gonna pay for it?

Not Jeff!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

No, that's incorrect. Somebody contacted him about it.....seriously.

The man really doesn't want to pay for anything does he?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

Drogheda’s resident political expert speaks. This Nicholas Sturgon fella is one to watch.
    JRFB wrote:

Two additional side issues that will crop up next year or soon after, from UK election result, is about Northern Ireland and Scotland...

1. Nicholas Sturgon, Head of SNP, will push with her party for another independent referendum.

2. Northern Ireland and even more nationalist elected and less loyalists.

...More nationalists has been elected...

...They are issues in the next term of Boris Johnson...

there are people following him who would think he is a sharp political analyst ....

The fact that the SNP has already stated that they will try and force a referendum - jeff is a little behind the curve saying that it is an issue that might crop up.

He butchers tabloid headlines - translating them in to Ruddish and then stick it up on facebook !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭furiousox

Time to reflect on the gifts Jeff has bestowed upon us all year.
    (Although some of these may be from 2018, not sure)

1) The boudoir incident and the furious denials in the aftermath.

2) The frequent and various threats of legal action to "anon assholes" everywhere.

3) The IFA meeting and the report he was due to publish (12 months later and counting)

4) The UP roadshow that was due to visit every county in Ireland but only made it to....two.

5) The picture of Marty Morrissey he claimed was a restored photo of James Connolly.

Any more spring to mind?

CPL 593H

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement