Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

United People, It's Time For Ruddy Change!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭TheAnalyst_

His first preference went from 0.81% to 0.9%, a very substantial increase I'm sure we can all agree.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

His first preference went from 0.81% to 0.9%, a very substantial increase I'm sure we can all agree.

In Jeffland, that means he was rejected by a mere 99.1% of the electorate.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Is there a large margin of error?

derfderf wrote: »
    Him and his cronies giving him all credit for taking it down.

Quite sickening the sense of glee about himself and his followers on this. I'd not be a fan of Jobpath myself but he forgets that people are actually employed there and have to deal with leeches and spoofers like himself. People who have families and provide for them unlike our hero.

I'm sure in the event they shut up shop here they'll be ok to find new jobs but it's a stress on them all the same I'd imagine and meanwhile Jeff pops the champaign and claps himself on back thinking "job" well done, sleeping that little bit better at night secure in the knowledge that he won't be forced to attend something for an hour a week and be poked and prodded into finding work.

I think given all the effort he's put into facebook, his rambling magnum opus on jobpath and dodging work all these years that it actually would have been less effort to do a days real work.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,478 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

His concentration is going to have to go on his Clear and Graphic yokeymebobs. But that's been driven into the sand long ago. Jeff wasn't able to launch that business in any meaningful way.
    It's a business that says it can promote a business venture but it has failed to do that for its self. And failed to do it for United People. The only use Jeff found for it was as a work around to comment on TheJournal.ie because he was banned from commenting. So Clear and Graphic now pops up as a political crank.

As we know Jeff hasn't the eye for design, he hasn't the people skills to gain trust and frankly his idea of promotion using FB or Twitter has gone out with the Indians. So Clear and Graphic as a business model was still birth from the offing. But it was handy for Jeff to use to pretend to be an media entrepreneur, to dodge the nosey-parkers in Social Welfare and to sock puppet away on news' comments pages.

But here's his problem and it's a big one for Jeff (I've mentioned it before). I'm pretty sure he's on a Back To Work Enterprise Allowance scheme (BTWEA). A generous and forward thinking scheme where long term unemployed are encouraged to set up a business where their interests and abilities lay. You can even get a €2k start up grant (for a garden shed office perhaps?) and you get your full allowance...for a while. Over a period of time (I'm unsure of exact details) your allowances are reduced and after 2 years you are supposed to be up and running and off welfare.

That clock is ticking down on Jeff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,261 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

People surely aren’t annoyed by Rudd’s ability to completely ignore and gloss over his defeat? He was never going to have a moment of clarity. This will continue up to the award of his state pension, and beyond probably. It’s his life’s work.

He’s not the first to follow such a path, and he certainly will not be the last.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,499 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I know a business started on BTWEA not that long ago that now employs 6 full time equivalents beyond the two directors and returns quite a significant VAT take to the state - no CT as its got relief on that and not much PAYE/PRSI yet as the wages wouldn't be huge for anyone - but it's got multiple people not claiming welfare.

Jeff is just taking the piss with it by comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,675 ✭✭✭whippet

You’d think that the defeat yesterday would have reset his ego .. but no ... he still persists with his vision of being a politician ... to finish up with that number of votes after spending 5 years campaigning shows how out of touch with reality he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

whippet wrote: »
    You’d think that the defeat yesterday would have reset his ego .. but no ... he still persists with his vision of being a politician ... to finish up with that number of votes after spending 5 years campaigning shows how out of touch with reality he is.

He's not unemployed, he's self-employed. He's not an independent, he's leader of a party.
    The section in his full page ad that discussed his "amazing resume" is all you need to know abour him.
    I wonder will he continue to share job openings that he considers beneath him on his page?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

I fully expected him to be back at this bright and early Monday morning.
    I was naive enough to think that he might spend today with his children.

Oh well. I'm going back out to my kids.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,545 ✭✭✭Topgear on Dave

He has been somewhat successful in some ways when his mind is applied to something. :cool:

"JobPath employment scheme is given its marching orders"
    https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/ireland/jobpath-employment-scheme-is-given-its-marching-orders-wb9r6tqdc

He offered congrats to Frank Godfrey this morning saying he was elected on the 15th count .. but he didn’t get a seat .. does Jeff even know how elections work ?

What was his final % ?

He offered congrats to Frank Godfrey this morning saying he was elected on the 15th count .. but he didn’t get a seat .. does Jeff even know how elections work ?

What was his final % ?

He commiserated with him for losing his seat yesterday. Deleted it today and said he got a seat on the 15th count.

If that's not true I just don't know what to believe anymore.

Back into conspiracy again, lots of missing ballot boxes.

And a "very small" sample of slides from a much larger presentation on job path. The small sample was 36 slides...
    Seems Jeff has not heard of Death by PowerPoint.

Jeff, in all serious honesty, you've been going at this for a while and it hasn't got anywhere. Could you at least consider whether it may be worthwhile taking advice?

My advice is to start by posting less, but of a much greater quality, and brief and to the point. I know you are a man who likes quotes, I think it was Twain who said "I'm sorry for writing you a long letter but I hadn't time to write a short one"

Noticeable change in tone from the man in some of his posts now the election is done. Even using some profanities in the posts. Mask slipping a bit there Jeff?

Oh and Jeff, less is more mate, quality over quantity and all that. The goldfish can't keep up.

Back into conspiracy again, lots of missing ballot boxes.

Why do they never just consider the possibility they're the minority?

derfderf wrote: »
    Why do they never just consider the possibility they're the minority?

I think it's the same reason they can't even proofread their own posts. Delusions of infallibility .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Looks like he's having a bit of a breakdown at the moment.

Still room for some classic Ruddish though..."people who are cancer dieing".

"The LAST THING FG, etc, want is me elected anywhere. They would crap themselves if I gained any greater ability to speak."
    It's like a parody account.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,499 ✭✭✭✭L1011

There has to be a bar in Drogheda needing a barman surely?

• Advertisement

L1011 wrote: »

Of course there is .. but they need a bar man who would actually put the phone down and pour pints ... he has posted 52 status updates since 8pm yesterday .. including one saying Facebook is blocking some !!!

Unreal !!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,478 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

That was some flurry of nonsense.
    He must've been finishing off the slab of Excelsior beer last night.

"Because of exposing Jobpath, i have been bugged, hacked, photoed and followed continuously by state."

"State sees to it i blocked from TV/radio/paper media due to the stuff i can mass expose including Jobpath..

I was half feeling sorry for him yesterday now i just feel sorry for his family.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,951 ✭✭✭furiousox

He's probably burned himself out after that meltdown and is having a well earned sleep now.

CPL 593H

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

L1011 wrote: »
    I presume all the ads state that any prospective candidate "must be hard working" which rules out some people! :(

eldamo wrote: »
    he was outpolled 2.5:1 by spoiled votes last time.

Looking at the last results, DDI actually hoovered up a lot, I think he might get a little bit of that loony vote, so this year I expect him to rise up and challenge spoiled votes.

eldamo - 273

Actually thinking about it, a campaign saying to put his name down instead of spoiling your vote would probably have been more fruitful than anything that he actually campaigned on.

I had too much faith in our hero.

2014 Spoiled votes: 273 Jeff First Preference: 112, ratio 2.4375:1

2019 Rural, Spoiled Votes: 123 Jeff First Preference: 51, ratio 2.411765:1
    Attaboy jeff, you've got them on the ropes.

2019 Urban, Spoiled Votes: 241 Jeff First Preference: 83, ratio 2.903614:1

The urban voters just couldn't resist the appeal of a spoil.

2019 Total, Spoiled Votes: 364 Jeff First Preference: 134, ratio 2.716418:1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,951 ✭✭✭furiousox

Well now he doesn't have the distraction of the local elections, he can get on with...

1) Finishing & uploading his report on the IFA meeting, as promised.

2) Taking legal action over "Boudoir-gate", as promised.

3) Imploding his non-existent political party and earning a wage to support his family, instead of relying on the State to do so.

4) Ranting about Seetec/Jobpath

(Option 4 being the only/most likely choice)

CPL 593H

The official UnitedPeople facebook page has an update - Ailster has declared his intent on running in the general election under the UP banner and has hinted that Jeff will give it another lash.

The earliest this election will be is about 6 months away ...so this will delay the proper launch of Clear and Graphic while he focuses on bigger and better things.

How he can even consider going for the big prize on the back of an embarrassing result last Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭TheAnalyst_

How can you be so deluded? Why put yourself through all that hassle and public embarassment when you know you have zero chance of getting elected.

I actually thought the guy was going to double his total from 5 years ago just based on the publicity he was getting himself. To have a decrease in his already pitful numbers should be a massive wakeup call.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

I was full sure he'd get 200 or so. Purely off the back of the whole jobpath thing. To actually receive a worse reception by putting yourself before the electorate instead of hiding behind a FB page is nothing short of embarrassing.

Jeff is more concerend with coming up with excuses not to work though-and Alistair/Allister/Alluster is nothing short of a full blown crackpot. He thinks that fibre broadband infrastructure is evidence that the government is trying to flood our brains with 5G radio waves.

He makes Rudd look positively well informed, at times.

• Advertisement

The official UnitedPeople facebook page has an update - Ailster has declared his intent on running in the general election under the UP banner and has hinted that Jeff will give it another lash.

The earliest this election will be is about 6 months away ...so this will delay the proper launch of Clear and Graphic while he focuses on bigger and better things.

How he can even consider going for the big prize on the back of an embarrassing result last Friday

Go big or go home!

No seriously...

Go home.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement