Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

United People, It's Time For Ruddy Change!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭eldamo

According to the Dundalk Democrat, Jeff has a whopping 51 votes and the DDI guy has 64
    https://www.dundalkdemocrat.ie/news/home/418446/live-louth-local-election-coverage.html

Oh, that's a useful little link. 61% of boxes open. 51 in one 54 in the other combined tally of just shy of 200 not impossible.

Big growth since the last time and 112.

If he keeps up this growth he could get a seat in another 4-5 elections.

Edit. All boxes open in Drogheda rural...

Scale that growth back.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,673 ✭✭✭whippet

Considering he actually campaigned this time and knocked on doors ... stood on west street with his banner and fetching caps ... it is an absolute disastrous result for him.

He has made zero impact and his message has been roundly rejected by the electorate.

As I know he reads these pages quite a bit .. here’s some advise Jeff.

Take stock and be honest with yourself. The people being elected have spent years in the locality, on the ground volunteering and helping people ... that is physical not via Facebook .. if you want to run again in five years .. build a local profile now .. not a few month out. Ensure that you have a track record of actually helping the community you are seeking votes from.

In the mean time .. you need to get your business up and running properly .. this in itself will get you networking and visible amongst the electorate.

You should get on board with the Drogheda Chamber of Commerce and The Mill Enterprise centre .. get to events for local business and build a profile .. it’s hard work but now that you are a seasoned politician and know what the 14 hour days out looking for business are like you will be able for the graft and obsession that is starting a new business.

Chin up ... every day is a school day

• Registered Users Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭furiousox

The boudoir incident cost him dearly, expect the lawsuits to start flying next week. :cool:

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭derfderf

whippet wrote: »
    Considering he actually campaigned this time and knocked on doors ... stood on west street with his banner and fetching caps ... it is an absolute disastrous result for him.

He has made zero impact and his message has been roundly rejected by the electorate.

As I know he reads these pages quite a bit .. here’s some advise Jeff.

Take stock and be honest with yourself. The people being elected have spent years in the locality, on the ground volunteering and helping people ... that is physical not via Facebook .. if you want to run again in five years .. build a local profile now .. not a few month out. Ensure that you have a track record of actually helping the community you are seeking votes from.

In the mean time .. you need to get your business up and running properly .. this in itself will get you networking and visible amongst the electorate.

You should get on board with the Drogheda Chamber of Commerce and The Mill Enterprise centre .. get to events for local business and build a profile .. it’s hard work but now that you are a seasoned politician and know what the 14 hour days out looking for business are like you will be able for the graft and obsession that is starting a new business.

Chin up ... every day is a school day

If Jeff reads this all he'll think is anon trolls shilling again.
    He's too arrogant to realise that getting less than a full street voting for him means he's been rejected be the electorate. He'll think the people are the problem.

furiousox wrote: »
    The boudoir incident cost him dearly, expect the lawsuits to start flying next week. :cool:

There's always an external reason. It's never the simple answer that people aren't buying what he's selling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

An absorbing battle between Urban Jeffrey and Rural Jeffrey, 54 to 51 at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

I have little doubt that he’s working on his excuses already.

I have little doubt that he’s working on his excuses already.

Blaming turnout.

The 75% who were going to vote for him stayed home.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,971 ✭✭✭normanoffside

eldamo wrote: »
    Oh, that's a useful little link. 61% of boxes open. 51 in one 54 in the other combined tally of just shy of 200 not impossible.

Big growth since the last time and 112.

If he keeps up this growth he could get a seat in another 4-5 elections.

Edit. All boxes open in Drogheda rural...

Scale that growth back.

He finished up on 87 Urban.

141 combined. A good break in Snooker.

Dundalk Democrat is doing great coverage in fairness to them.

All boxes open in town and Urban Jeffrey has 87, trailing some DDI guy by 12, last place.

As regards Jeffro. Still waiting. All boxes open but they only gave the front runners.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,445 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

So the more he got his message out publicly and off line the less votes he got.

No doubt it'll be a long winded conspiratorial excuse with the usual "I will not go quietly...blah, blah, blah".

It'll be the loon chorus of unreason from Ben, Gem and Rudd. Blaming everyone and everything except themselves.

Get this newsflash loopers: people don't trust you, they don't believe you and most importantly- people don't like you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,673 ✭✭✭whippet

As long as he doesn’t think now he will need to embark on a new Facebook crusade - like jobpath which will give him an excuse to not seek paid employment for the next five years in the vain hope of eventually getting elected !

Last commiserates with second last-a pint of Carlsberg and a bag of bacon fries all on his lonesome before he heads back home in ignominious defeat on the bus.

481161.jpeg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

He has a son, doesn’t he?

Woke Hogan wrote: »
    He has a son, doesn’t he?

There may even be two mini Rudds knocking about. Not sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,360 ✭✭✭washiskin

"Cheers everyone for the massive online support" and that's all the support that matters, eh Jeff? The echo chamber who think your various keyboard crusades will result in a better Ireland.....

A life on the scratcher for everyone, free houses for everyone, free food for kids under 18 "as much as they like", free transport to get to your dole-mandated college course, free from flouride water for everyone, free from VAT everything for dossers, free free free from the confines of 9-5 if you think it's beneath you....
    ......didn't exactly back-up their online backslapping, did they? I mean €360 in a GFM out of €4000? Imagine all the posters that would have bought, how many more IFA meetings you could have gotten to.

Meanwhile, the people who have actually funded your latest political jolly, at least those who didn't fall for your wholly invented persona, have given you a massive two-fingered salute.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,971 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Last commiserates with second last-a pint of Carlsberg and a bag of bacon fries all on his lonesome before he heads back home in ignominious defeat on the bus.

481161.jpeg

He has more reactions to that picture (214) than he has votes.

He is only pretending that he has conceded defeat.ct-truman-defeats-dewey-1948-flashback-perspec-1113-md-20161111
    I'm not into kicking him when he's down.
    Hopefully he is having a period of introspection.
    So until he becomes uppity again I am going to work under the assumption that he will never again rise up against our paymasters Leo varadkar and George Soros.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

Is this the end of UnitedPeople?

Also I think I was the closest with my guess as to his combined number of votes. What do I win? If it’s boudoir photography then I better go and wax my scrotum.

• Advertisement

Last in the urban, but only second last in the rural.

What a victory!!!

For those in the pool, and it is only a first count: 134 in total across the two wards-I was way off.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,971 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Realistically that's a quite significant drop from his single ward figure last time
    Is this the end of UnitedPeople?

If Alastair goes its United Person anyway, who I think will continue to entertain us even if not running for election. May need merging to the general Freeman thread in Legal Discussion

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Last in the urban, but only second last in the rural.

What a victory!!!

For those in the pool, and it is only a first count: 134 in total across the two wards-I was way off.
    125 if he's lucky.

Do I win?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,714 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Business as usual this morning.

He's back banging the Jobpath drum.

He’s intent on writing yet another book now, (he couldn’t even manage a grammatically correct title), because apparently he’ll have lots of time on hand now, he says.

How about you use that time to get a job, Rudd? Too much to hope for given your utter rejection by your community in the polls?

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Eggonyerface

Infuriating. I wasn't going to post here for a while,I didn't want to kick a man while he was down. I thought he'd take a few days off himself, have a think and decide what to do with himself.

But no it's business as usual. The people have spoken Jeff,no one cares. No one will ACTUALLY read your book,you'll get a few likes for saying you're writing it and a few if it ever sees the light of day. Where are Facebook likes on Maslow's hierarchy of needs? Facebook likes won't feed,heat or secure your family, especially not the 3 likes your company's page has

• Registered Users Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭TheAnalyst_

With the local elections now over, part of my time more available now, will be dedicated to completing a book which exposes much that mainstream parties want kept hidden from the public

I've had enough of this lad. I'mreporting him to welfare as he has consistantly shown himself to be unavailable for work.

I've had enough of this lad. I'mreporting him to welfare as he has consistantly shown himself to be unavailable for work.

He will pretend to be working on that clear and graphic nonsense. He has a type of very basic low level cunning and probably does enough to harass and annoy the Jobpath person assigned to his case. Imagine having to deal with him? Better to just mark him down as a lost cause. It needs someone from the department of social protection to investigate him, and not a poorly paid Jobpath case worker. Someone who gets genuinely annoyed about leeches like Jeff.

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Business as usual this morning.

He's back banging the Jobpath drum.

Him and his cronies giving him all credit for taking it down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,714 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

derfderf wrote: »
    Him and his cronies giving him all credit for taking it down.

It's as if yesterday never happened.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement