Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

• Registered Users Posts: 4,743 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Nope. Not him.

Imitation. Shows the danger of not being able to do that style well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Fury v Tom scharz confirmed 15th june haha

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Miller has failed a drugs test. Unbelievable.

Who could replace him?

https://twitter.com/danrafaelespn/status/1118322235331231744?s=19

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Erik Shun

Seems Eddie was told Very quickly...can't hold out much hope of the fight going ahead now

• Advertisement

Erik Shun wrote: »
    Seems Eddie was told Very quickly...can't hold out much hope of the fight going ahead now

That’s incredible. Who the hell is left to fight? Ortiz too risky?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Michael Hunter doing the rounds on Twitter, he's also been in camp for a fight next month. Would be horrendous if it did happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Makes them look like fools for not coming to an agreement with Wilder, Fury or Whyte. AJ's pissing away his career while the others are all stealing a march.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,970 ✭✭✭normanoffside

squinn2912 wrote: »
    That’s incredible. Who the hell is left to fight? Ortiz too risky?

Adam Kownacki could be a good draw in new York?

Makes them look like fools for not coming to an agreement with Wilder, Fury or Whyte. AJ's pissing away his career while the others are all stealing a march.

Not really, have you seen Fury's next opponent?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Not really, have you seen Fury's next opponent?

Yeah but he's off the back of a classic fight a few months ago. AJ fought a no-contest back in September. Miller was just enough to keep people warm, but it's very hard to muster interest in his career with his recent and upcoming activity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Angliru

Didn't deserve the fight anyway. Fought a bunch of Cruisers and plodders who've already been crushed previously. Plus his attitude stinks, would rather pump his guts with rocket fuel and Big Macs than lose weight conventionally. I dislike Joshua just as much but it would have been nice to see him batter Miller. Hunter seems a realistic pick, would fit in with the Joshua/Usyk narrative quite well too. Of course I'd love to see it being Ortiz, but next to no chance of that happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,623 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

This is shocking news for Aj,

Who ever they get now the public will think another walk over , He was already being questioned over fighting Miller

He's had some real bad luck here ,

I think you’re right but he has to fight someone half credible. Hunter is good and very likeable. I enjoyed watching him against Ustinov but he was way past it and out of shape. Aj would walk through him

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Hunter ticks all the boxes. American, in camp, Matchroom fighter, with stand in the pocket and not stink the place out etc. Good chance it's him I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,170 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Maybe they could see whether Tim Tomeshek would still be up for it

His interview at the end is great. Seems like a character

Maybe they could see whether Tim Tomeshek would still be up for it

His interview at the end is great. Seems like a character

Never saw that before that is fantastic!

I think Abel must have looked at him amd thought he isnt capable of getting fast enough to be a top heavy weight so decided the better option is to make him heavier to use the weight

Looks like Abel didn't rate him alright. he has now moved to Adam Booth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Erik Shun

All about the B sample now...if it's clean, he can apply for the licence.... but I'd say he's a snowballs chance in Satan's jockstrap of that happening

• Advertisement

Erik Shun wrote: »
    All about the B sample now...if it's clean, he can apply for the licence.... but I'd say he's a snowballs chance in Satan's jockstrap of that happening

That fight is dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭ACAguy

Joshua has already beaten Povetkin, Parker, Whyte. All top 10 fighters. Was about to fight Miller in New York also top 10 fighter. He also has Takam and Wlad on his record.

Wilder is fighting a guy who Joshua knocked out 3 years ago. Wilder has never been in a unification fight. Ortiz is the only top 15 win on his record.

Furys only wins on his record are Wlad and Chisora. Yes he did beat Wilder but not on paper. He's fighting a complete nobody next.

Yet it's Joshua who gets the stick even though he has better wins against better opponents. Hopefully they can fight Luis Ortiz

ACAguy wrote: »
    Joshua has already beaten Povetkin, Parker, Whyte. All top 10 fighters. Was about to fight Miller in New York also top 10 fighter. He also has Takam and Wlad on his record.

Wilder is fighting a guy who Joshua knocked out 3 years ago. Wilder has never been in a unification fight. Ortiz is the only top 15 win on his record.

Furys only wins on his record are Wlad and Chisora. Yes he did beat Wilder but not on paper. He's fighting a complete nobody next.

Yet it's Joshua who gets the stick even though he has better wins against better opponents. Hopefully they can fight Luis Ortiz

You make some good points here. AJ did fight wlad at 42? And POV at 38 and off the juice. Wilder was signed to fight a younger POV who got banned - little he could do. The big one is that wilder and Fury fought each other and recently

ACAguy wrote: »

He fought Wlad at 42 and 2 years retired ,

He fought an old AVP who is off the gear and nearly got stopped by Price,

Parker should have been beat by Hugey Fury and took AJ 12 rounds ,Parker was never that good,

Miller has fought nobody in the top 20

Whyte gave him a good fight and now since he has momentum has been overlooked,

Top four heavy weight in my opinion are AJ, Wilder , Fury, Ortiz the other 3 have all fought at least one of the other's AJ has not ,
    AJ claims he wants all the belts then go take the Wilder fight ,

• Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

He fought Wlad at 42 and 2 years retired ,

He fought an old AVP who is off the gear and nearly got stopped by Price,

Parker should have been beat by Hugey Fury and took AJ 12 rounds ,Parker was never that good,

Miller has fought nobody in the top 20

Whyte gave him a good fight and now since he has momentum has been overlooked,

Top four heavy weight in my opinion are AJ, Wilder , Fury, Ortiz the other 3 have all fought at least one of the other's AJ has not ,
    AJ claims he wants all the belts then go take the Wilder fight ,

Yes that the fight is so easy to make.

I believe Wilder would KO Joshua but Wilder is all talk. He doesn't take barely any tough fights.

He thought Fury was way past his best. Ortiz he was very lucky to win that. Ortiz is 40 & has looked poor since that fight.

Whyte rejected the Joshua rematch. Not enough money appparently

MD1990 wrote: »
    Yes that the fight is so easy to make.

I believe Wilder would KO Joshua but Wilder is all talk. He doesn't take barely any tough fights.

He thought Fury was way past his best. Ortiz he was very lucky to win that. Ortiz is 40 & has looked poor since that fight.

Whyte rejected the Joshua rematch. Not enough money appparently

Stop listing to Hearn and SKy,

Wilder has fought Ortiz and Fury back to back, signed up to fight AVP before he got done for drugs,

Watch Whyte interview he was offered 2 million , and there was rematch clause where if Whyte won and was champ he'd still only get 30 /70 ,

As Whyte said publicly they knew he wasn't going to take that from the get go,
    So much so Whyte said it to Hearn on camera and Hearn said he had nothing to do with the offer that it came fro AJ, The same Hearn who constantly says why is Wilder offering terms for a fight and not his manger ,

They the go off Baby Miller 8 million .AJ didn't want the Whyte fight

As I said Wilder has fought 2 of the top 3 , AJ has fought none ,

Stop listing to Hearn and SKy,

Wilder has fought Ortiz and Fury back to back, signed up to fight AVP before he got done for drugs,

Watch Whyte interview he was offered 2 million , and there was rematch clause where if Whyte won and was champ he'd still only get 30 /70 ,

As Whyte said publicly they knew he wasn't going to take that from the get go,
    So much so Whyte said it to Hearn on camera and Hearn said he had nothing to do with the offer that it came fro AJ, The same Hearn who constantly says why is Wilder offering terms for a fight and not his manger ,

They the go off Baby Miller 8 million .AJ didn't want the Whyte fight

As I said Wilder has fought 2 of the top 3 , AJ has fought none ,

And Fury has fought Wlad when we was the man and wilder 6 months after the comeback. Aj found lacking at the moment. Wlad at 42 was the last decent (questionably) fight. I don’t think it’s all down to him but expecting the world to salivate every time he fights a bum isn’t on either. Was Takam mentioned in this convo? If chisora kos you then you’re not elite.

squinn2912 wrote: »
    And Fury has fought Wlad when we was the man and wilder 6 months after the comeback. Aj found lacking at the moment. Wlad at 42 was the last decent (questionably) fight. I don’t think it’s all down to him but expecting the world to salivate every time he fights a bum isn’t on either. Was Takam mentioned in this convo? If chisora kos you then you’re not elite.

I do think its not Aj I think its Hearn , because AJ is making some crazy money and a loss really hurts him,

There trying to navigate him around without fighting the top guys in there prime,
    Wouldn't be surprised if late this year he fights Ortiz as he is clearly ageing

I do think its not Aj I think its Hearn , because AJ is making some crazy money and a loss really hurts him,

There trying to navigate him around without fighting the top guys in there prime,
    Wouldn't be surprised if late this year he fights Ortiz as he is clearly ageing

I think you’re calling it right. Look at the fights and fighters down through the years that have been avoided. Pain in the hole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭dougm1970

out of all the maybe applicable potential opponents...if i was to pick one i think would lose but give aj a good workout, and give us the best fight to watch....i honestly think it would be chisora....he'd lose, but he wouldnt be found wanting..he'd give it his all.

Advertisement