Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,627 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Ye there slim picking
    I'd actually like to see AJ fight Ortiz but I don't think it'll ever happen , its to late for Ortiz but he'd give him a good fight early on .,
    Hopefully in a year or two some of the up and coming heavy weights will be ready ,

• Registered Users Posts: 54,951 ✭✭✭✭walshb

I think Fury gets knocked out early and clearly v Wilder.....where does it leave him? With the rest. If he beats Wilder then he's in the top 2 for me....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,970 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Wish I had bet on this now!!
    What’s the odds on Dell Boy?
    Isn’t Whyte fighting him next?
    Morrison J wrote: »
    66/1. If you give him a chance of beating Whyte it's a great bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,171 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

If you go back approx 14 generations, you're related to everyone of Caucasian descent in Europe and 90% of Americans

Ah well that's not true for everyone.

Just think of the poor people of Offaly. Where your cousin might also be your sister and your gf and all degrees of your blood relatives are either in your house or in the one down the road.

(Sorry, couldn't resist)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,747 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Anyone watch millar fight on Saturday night? He’s not bad at what he does and I think he has a good scrap with anyone outside the top 3. But they all cave in his face for me.

• Advertisement

squinn2912 wrote: »
    Anyone watch millar fight on Saturday night? He’s not bad at what he does and I think he has a good scrap with anyone outside the top 3. But they all cave in his face for me.

He's a lump of a man. His opponent couldn't at all hurt him, hence Millar walked him down.....Millar, for his sizes isn't a puncher....but will take a fair few whacks to take him out. He's a little too slow.

Whyte-Chisora would be good matches for him. He is probably at their level.

walshb wrote: »
    He's a lump of a man. His opponent couldn't at all hurt him, hence Millar walked him down.....Millar, for his sizes isn't a puncher....but will take a fair few whacks to take him out. He's a little too slow.

Whyte-Chisora would be good matches for him. He is probably at their level.

I agree he will have problems with people who can punch,
    Fighting these guys with zero punch power he just walks forward and wears the down,

I could see him getting ko'd in 7/8 by guys like Whyte ,

HW fight coming up now on Sky. Should be a decent scrap

HW fight coming up now on Sky. Should be a decent scrap

Very one sided

Very one sided

Yea Ustinov was horrendous. Not that big a shock I guess. This cruiser weight fight should be decent

• Advertisement

Yea Ustinov was horrendous. Not that big a shock I guess. This cruiser weight fight should be decent

I figured when Charr beat him that he wasn't up to much!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,864 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Well that was some scrap, I had fury as a clear winner but scoring is a lottery

Will they rematch or will he try for aj? He is back

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

The obvious path is Wilder/Fury II in the Spring, while AJ takes on the winner Whyte/Chisora (Zzz), before the unification fight later in the year.

If a rematch happens, hopefully it's back in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

The obvious path is Wilder/Fury II in the Spring, while AJ takes on the winner Whyte/Chisora (Zzz), before the unification fight later in the year.

If a rematch happens, hopefully it's back in the UK.
    If Eddie Hearn really wants the Wilder fight (and I actually think he does) then they are going to have to move quickly to get it done by April. They can't risk Wilder-Fury 2 happening beforehand as they must realise that Fury is probably favourite to win the rematch thus lessening the value of the Wilder fight.

Having watched last nights fight I would say they'd fancy fighting Wilder ahead of Fury.

Looking at Wilder-Fury the under card there. Joe Joyce looks like a unit.
    He seems to have an iron chin and hits like a mule.

Looking at Wilder-Fury the under card there. Joe Joyce looks like a unit.
    He seems to have an iron chin and hits like a mule.

He is a KO waiting to happen.......unless I am way off......

walshb wrote: »
    He is a KO waiting to happen.......unless I am way off......

I dunno, he doesn't really seem to be affected by opponents punches or care much for them. A bit of a heavyweight GGG

• Registered Users Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭megadodge

I dunno, he doesn't really seem to be affected by opponents punches or care much for them. A bit of a heavyweight GGG

I think you're seriously overrating him if you thing he's on GGG's level. He will cause problems for heavies outside the top 5 or so, but I'd be very surprised if he ever became elite. He's too mechanical, slow and easy to hit.

He's tremendously strong, has fantastic conditioning and seems to have a good chin, but there's a limit to how often you can get hit and at the top level you will get hit more often and harder. It can only end one way for me.

megadodge wrote: »
    I think you're seriously overrating him if you thing he's on GGG's level. He will cause problems for heavies outside the top 5 or so, but I'd be very surprised if he ever became elite. He's too mechanical, slow and easy to hit.

He's tremendously strong, has fantastic conditioning and seems to have a good chin, but there's a limit to how often you can get hit and at the top level you will get hit more often and harder. It can only end one way for me.

I get all that, but he seemed a lot more fluid last night.
    Fitness, size, chin, strength and punch will get you a long way in the heavies at the moment.
    Who outside of the top 3 beats him?

I get all that, but he seemed a lot more fluid last night.
    Fitness, size, chin, strength and punch will get you a long way in the heavies at the moment.
    Who outside of the top 3 beats him?

Well have to see him soon against a decent hw. He’s 33. I don’t expect too much from him.

• Advertisement

Well have to see him soon against a decent hw. He’s 33. I don’t expect too much from him.

Most ratings would have Dyllian Whyte and Luis ortiz top 5. Do you think Joyce beats either of them?

Most ratings would have Dyllian Whyte and Luis ortiz top 5. Do you think Joyce beats either of them?

No I doubt it. I think if he beats either of those or Hughie, pulev, povetkin or Parker then he has the right to be taken seriously

No I doubt it. I think if he beats either of those or Hughie, pulev, povetkin or Parker then he has the right to be taken seriously

We'll see. I think he beats all of those.
    Povetkin is the only one I give a chance to but I think he might retire..
    Hughie isn't even in the picture, he is mandated to fight Joyce for the British title and he doesn't want it.

We'll see. I think he beats all of those.
    Povetkin is the only one I give a chance to but I think he might retire..
    Hughie isn't even in the picture, he is mandated to fight Joyce for the British title and he doesn't want it.

He’s fought cans until now. Can’t have an opinion on him until he’s in with someone who’s been in with someone. I want to see him tested

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭Morrison J

This means we aren't getting Fury-Wilder 2 next surely. AJ-Whyte and Wilder-Breazeale I reckon.

DvirGY4XQAAbKg4.jpg:large

Possibility the fight could happen in late may or june. Plenty of pocket money in those appearances. The latter of those two fights would draw a crowd of about 100.
    On another note I read a funny one on SS app earlier. David Higgins on Parker reckons he looked in top shape… while playing with his daughter in the yard over Christmas...
    https://www.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/11596872/joseph-parker-would-consider-returning-to-britain-for-his-next-fight-says-promoter-david-higgins

Possibility the fight could happen in late may or june. Plenty of pocket money in those appearances. The latter of those two fights would draw a crowd of about 100.
    On another note I read a funny one on SS app earlier. David Higgins on Parker reckons he looked in top shape… while playing with his daughter in the yard over Christmas...
    https://www.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/11596872/joseph-parker-would-consider-returning-to-britain-for-his-next-fight-says-promoter-david-higgins

Of course he is, its the best place for second tier heavy weights to make money , which Parker is
    The public still love watching guys like Whyte and Chisora you don't get that any where else at the moment, He could fight Chisora and Hearn would sell it well or even one of the up and coming guys,

Of course he is, its the best place for second tier heavy weights to make money , which Parker is
    The public still love watching guys like Whyte and Chisora you don't get that any where else at the moment, He could fight Chisora and Hearn would sell it well or even one of the up and coming guys,

Oh yea of course England is the money fights. He’d get much more for that than taking on the likes of pulev who would also be more dangerous. I think he should get AJ next

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Parker - Usyk, perhaps?

• Advertisement

Parker - Usyk, perhaps?

Nice first heavy weight fight for Usyk

Advertisement