Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,675 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

walshb wrote: »
    Yes. There is a thread here on that match..

I think Mike takes Louis out in max 2 rds. Horrible style for Louis, who was there to be hit, and who could be hurt, and was hurt and dropped by far less dangerous men.

Agree 100% yeah. Maybe sooner. Never mind the physicality. He would be mauled very badly.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,202 ✭✭✭✭walshb

The Nal wrote: »
    Agree 100% yeah. Maybe sooner. Never mind the physicality. He would be mauled very badly.

I never understood anyone giving Louis any chance against Tyson....

How they ever thought he'd last long enough to beat him is what I always found bizarre.....

So, he lasts long enough to beat Mike, and in doing so he is able to take Mike's best shots? It's juts ludicrous......

Tysin's chin was solid and he was a wicked hitter....Louis' chin was not near solid enough to allow him take Mike into deep waters...

Mauling is really the apt word alright!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,275 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Dunno.

Holyfield KO'd Douglas with ease, who had just KO'd Tyson. He stopped Tyson aswell obviously. Which is why Id have him ahead of Tyson in the all time list.

Sure what about that all-time great Kevin McBride. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Sprinter Sacre

Aul Robert Helenius had a good win against Teper tonight. Bit of a shame Helenius, with a better mentality and a better work ethic he really could have found some more joy. That two year absence due to promotional issued hurt him badly as he was coming along nicely. He has some tragic flaws fundamentally but is quite useful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Sprinter Sacre

pac_man wrote: »
    Watched a bit of this and it was dire. Teper was in awful shape.

At one stage Teper nearly wobbled himself by head butting a camera at the ring post. I thought it wasn't a bad fight, not incredibly high standard stuff but both had good moments. Helenius lack of stamina and output and Teper being wild and out of shape made it a bit of an eyesore but not the worst half hour I've spent on Boxing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭ebbsy

Dunno.

Holyfield KO'd Douglas with ease, who had just KO'd Tyson. He stopped Tyson aswell obviously. Which is why Id have him ahead of Tyson in the all time list.

Same for Lewis. Who had an unusual career, granted. A late dash for greatness. Rahman, Tyson and Vitali in his last 3 fights. Beat all the same people Tyson did and more.

Being passed it at 30 isn't really any excuse. If thats the case Wilder is well past it, as is Fury, AJ has a year left and Conor McGregor is over the hill.

There are certain criteria for a boxer to be considered as a true great and Mike didn't pass the test on any of them. I don't think thats unfair or harsh and I wish I could say the opposite but I just can't. I've no agenda here either. Football aside, hes probably the sportsman I've watched the most. Both live and old fights, docs etc.

On a side note, with all the MeToo stuff, I do find it amazing that a convicted rapist is so loved globally. Appearing on Ellen and the like. Weird one.

While I agree that Holyfield was great, Douglas was definitely not in good shape when they fought.

ebbsy wrote: »
    While I agree that Holyfield was great, Douglas was definitely not in good shape when they fought.

He had trained little and had eaten himself overweight.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,985 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Miller vs Adamek in October.

Miller weighed in at 317 lbs :eek:

He must have felt he needed the extra bulk :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Is that genuine?! Holy Lord that’s over 22 stone!

squinn2912 wrote: »
    Is that genuine?! Holy Lord that’s over 22 stone!

Yes and he's up against a natural light heavy

• Advertisement

Hardly much need to be so heavy. He will win though but what an easy fight for aj

Hardly much need to be so heavy. He will win though but what an easy fight for aj

He looks absolutely huge

Sweet Jesus! That’s the biggest pair of boxers I’ve ever seen! Doesn’t look that fat but the chest... no need

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭liamoreilly

...He actually doesn't look in terrible shape for 316lbs, but have to wonder why so heavy...7 lbs lighter than Valeuv was, who is 7ft tall...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

No gut or excessive fat, just a big solid guy who's going to hit hard and not run around the ring.
    Could make for some interesting fights in a year or 2 if he keeps progressing.

Soon as he steps up to the top guys I think he’ll get destroyed

Looking forward to seeing Daniel Dubois tonight

Looking forward to seeing Daniel Dubois tonight

Knocking out some no hoper?....experience or not!

walshb wrote: »
    Knocking out some no hoper?....experience or not!

Just part of the build I suppose.

Dubois dominating the heavy bag!

• Advertisement

Dubois looks terrible.

Yup awful stuff all round. Waste of time.

A bit of a turn-up for the books that Joe Joyce has now gone to the states and Haye has signed Del Boy.

Weird. It's not unlike Haye going to Shane  - bit of profile about the move but in fairness Del Boy did brilliantly last time out. I think he's having his last big push the next L will take him into British level contention and that's where he'll stay.

Weird. It's not unlike Haye going to Shane  - bit of profile about the move but in fairness Del Boy did brilliantly last time out. I think he's having his last big push the next L will take him into British level contention and that's where he'll stay.

I'm not really sure what Haye can do for him that Eddie can't though...

Agreed. It is a curious one. Slipped my mind that he was with Eddie in the first place. That's a very odd move unless there's a fall out. You'd wonder who his next opponent will be? Can;t see Whyte bothering with him so who is a credible opponent? He's hard to match

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭ACAguy

Haye is only managing him and helping him out. Eddie is still his promoter I would imagine. He will just be getting help with Nutrition S&C and guidance which he currently needs help with

ACAguy wrote: »
    Haye is only managing him and helping him out. Eddie is still his promoter I would imagine. He will just be getting help with Nutrition S&C and guidance which he currently needs help with
    Thought he looked in fair shape last day out. Haye would be a good help there though I’d imagine.

ACAguy wrote: »

BBC are saying it's a promotional deal

https://www.bbc.com/sport/boxing/45887426

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

BBC are saying it's a promotional deal

https://www.bbc.com/sport/boxing/45887426

The headline mentions promoting but the whole article says talks about managing. I think whoever wrote it was slightly confused. Eddie's still promotion him.

Advertisement