Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭ACAguy

I would imagine Eddie is paying Chisora who will then give haye a percentage

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

ASOT wrote: »
    The headline mentions promoting but the whole article says talks about managing. I think whoever wrote it was slightly confused. Eddie's still promotion him.
    No he's not. Hearn was asked in an interview if Haye was promoting Chisora as well as managing him and he said he wasn't sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,030 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Does anyone really give a sh1t?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭thegrowreport

Did anyone hear how Niall Kennedy from Gorey fared in his heavyweight contest last night in Boston? Was on the Katie Taylor undercard. He is going well lately and would love to see him progress up the heavyweight ranks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

Did anyone hear how Niall Kennedy from Gorey fared in his heavyweight contest last night in Boston? Was on the Katie Taylor undercard. He is going well lately and would love to see him progress up the heavyweight ranks.

That's tonight?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Tyson Fury will be on Joe Rogans podcast this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,632 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Yep Fury on JRE on Thursday about 2200hrs our time ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Is the interview cancelled

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Is the interview cancelled

Hopefully it's just late.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Fury came across very well. Very interesting man to listen to rather than watch fight. He even said he hasn't watched back the Klit fight as it was so boring.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,975 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Fantastic podcast, really enjoy listening to Fury. He is very open and not afraid to speak about sensitive issues. Himself calling his fight with Kiltschko a snooze fest was gas. Rogan tried to say it wasn't boring but he was having none of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

My opinion of Fury has changed over time, this podcast solidified my opinion that he is a good soul.

Hughie Fury was pure dung tonight. Hard to see where he goes from here. Pulev is hardly an inspiring challenger for Joshua either.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭coronaextra

Poor fight, Pulev was just jab and grab, wont trouble Joshua. As for Fury, he started well but faded badly, should have done much better against an older smaller man.

Fury probably needs to stay around the UK circuit for a few years and sort himself out. He has youth on his side and may sneak a break at some stage at world level, but cant see him becoming a household name at this level.

Poor fight, Pulev was just jab and grab, wont trouble Joshua. As for Fury, he started well but faded badly, should have done much better against an older smaller man.

Fury probably needs to stay around the UK circuit for a few years and sort himself out. He has youth on his side and may sneak a break at some stage at world level, but cant see him becoming a household name at this level.

Fury had no variation. He was just backing into the ropes and throwing the odd jab and swinging rights. He was showing Poor footwork, movement and severe lack of straight rights and uppercuts. A wasted opportunity for him.

He also seemed to gas badly which I was surprised about. I really thought he was better than that, I was wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭weemcd

After two relatively positive rounds were on the books Fury's performance really deteriorated and didn't recover. Jab disappeared. Swinging big rights from the hip, telegraphing everything, lying on the ropes eating left hooks.

Was there a gameplan? Because I doubt many coaches would ever instruct their fighter to do this in a title fight. It was "car park after a dozen cans" kinda stuff. He wasn't setting anything up. Crude.

Pulev didn't do much, but he didn't have to either. He wasn't losing a decision and Fury did little to stop this inevitability. Disappointing, I thought this fight had potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,775 ✭✭✭squinn2912

That’s as crap a fight as I’ve seen in a while. Hughie needed to be good for a number of fights after Parker and he opened a can then looked like a big fat lazy lump on Saturday. I wonder had he a flu or something it’s unthinkable he be so terrible. Big lazy left arm just sitting there and right coming in the post every time.

Chisora vs Whyte 2 confirmed for PPV on December 22nd.

Eddie Hearn can sell copper as gold.

Chisora vs Whyte 2 confirmed for PPV on December 2nd.

Eddie Hearn can sell copper as gold.

Won't be buying it.....

Didn't buy their first fight.....and then I heard it was a classic. Watched it, and it wasn't. It was two sloppy plodders!

• Advertisement

walshb wrote: »
    Won't be buying it.....

Didn't buy their first fight.....and then I heard it was a classic. Watched it, and it wasn't. It was two sloppy plodders!

If Del Boy wins this he'll probably be facing AJ in April.

Warrington v Frampton is on the same night anyway.

If Del Boy wins this he'll probably be facing AJ in April.

Warrington v Frampton is on the same night anyway.

Dec 22 is Frampton.

Dec 22 is Frampton.

Yeah, edited my post, it was missing a 2.
    This is 22nd as well

Yeah, edited my post, it was missing a 2.
    This is 22nd as well

Can't ask for more three days before the big man arrives!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

Think we should lay claim to some of the top heavyweights around now, joshua and whyte both have irish grandparents and fury obviously has lot of irish blood in him too. Whyte on his twitter has irish flag in his bio but dont think joshua realy acknowledges his irish blood.

iebamm2580 wrote: »
    Think we should lay claim to some of the top heavyweights around now, joshua and whyte both have irish grandparents and fury obviously has lot of irish blood in him too. Whyte on his twitter has irish flag in his bio but dont think joshua realy acknowledges his irish blood.

Sure isn't everyone Irish when you dig deep enough?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭Mookie Blaylock

Sure isn't everyone Irish when you dig deep enough?

If you go back approx 14 generations, you're related to everyone of Caucasian descent in Europe and 90% of Americans

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭ACAguy

Winner of Chisora/Whyte will face AJ in April, 
    Fury beats Wilder they most likely rematch in UK in summer. Wilder wins by KO he comes into play for April. However I think Fury wins.
    Pulev is also mandatory for AJ which could only be swerved by Wilder/Fury fight.
    Miller will be WBA regular champion in 2 weeks. Could see him facing Kowanaki on Jacobs card in New Yorl but apprently they are friends.
    That just leaves Breazeale who will face Wilder should be KO fury I would imagine and Ortiz who will be avoided.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,632 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Ye I'm thin the above is true, I think Hearn is pushing this Chisora/Whyte fight so much because he want to give AJ one more gimme fight before a Wilder clash,
    He will be hoping Whyte wins and make Whyte v AJ 2 ,
    If Chisora wins I can't see him fighting AJ, I really can't see the public buying into that fight ,

• Advertisement

If Chisora wins I can't see him fighting AJ, I really can't see the public buying into that fight ,

The thoughts of this make me nauseous....

The top rated HWs behind AJ and Wilder are just not that good.....

Povetkin is done....Fury we don't know about....

Advertisement