Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Still think it happens. Apparently the hold up is that Barclays have made a strong offer to stage it. 
    Would be classic Warren if he holds out to announce it till AJ - Povetkin fight week either..

• Registered Users Posts: 54,982 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Personally I think they will both use and excuse that Wilder is forced to fight a mandatory first,

Why do you think Wilder would pull out? Surely he's chomping at the bit to get in there to make that payday?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,631 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

walshb wrote: »
    Personally I think they will both use and excuse that Wilder is forced to fight a mandatory first,

Why do you think Wilder would pull out? Surely he's chomping at the bit to get in there to make that payday?
    Anything is possible,
    Hard to know who wants what,
    Same as the situation with Wilder and Aj ,its impossible to know what will happen and who's to blame really ,

Anything is possible,
    Same as the situation with Wilder and Aj ,its impossible to know what will happen and who's to blame really ,

Yes, but why would Wilder want to stall?

Purely from an "I'M READY TO DO BUSINESS AND WIN" POINT OF VIEW, HE CANNOT BE SECOND GUESSING HIMSELF, SURELY?

It would be more logical to see that from Fury's standpoint...

Sorry for the caps...

Anything is possible,

Yes, but why would Wilder want to stall?

Purely from an "I'M READY TO DO BUSINESS AND WIN" POINT OF VIEW, HE CANNOT BE SECOND GUESSING HIMSELF, SURELY?

It would be more logical to see that from Fury's standpoint...

Sorry for the caps...
    As I said he may gain more money form the fight if both win a fight first and it gains more hype,
    Say if Wilder fights again  before Fury ,100% more people will tune in to see what Furys up against

• Advertisement

As I said he may gain more money form the fight if both win a fight first and it gains more hype,
    Say if Wilder fights again  before Fury ,100% more people will tune in to see what Furys up against

That's just stretching it out and out....could say have another one after another one etc etc...

I honestly don't think people are thinking like this.....may add a few extra viewers, may not....

The time is right now......if the fight doesn't happen I think it will be because Fury doesn't want it due to him not believing he wins.

I made a prediction a while ago that Fury would not fight Wilder or AJ, because he would go off on another bender.....

I hope I am wrong, because I do want to see these fights.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,762 ✭✭✭squinn2912

I read that Fury’s license isn’t valid in USA. Any truth in that?

That's just stretching it out and out....could say have another one after another one etc etc...

I honestly don't think people are thinking like this.....may add a few extra viewers, may not....

The time is right now......if the fight doesn't happen I think it will be because Fury doesn't want it due to him not believing he wins.

I made a prediction a while ago that Fury would not fight Wilder or AJ, because he would go off on another bender.....

I hope I am wrong, because I do want to see these fights.
    Why do you think Wilder and Aj haven't fought , id say it cause they think they can make more money from the fight down the line, It happens a lot

Why do you think Wilder and Aj haven't fought , id say it cause they think they can make more money from the fight down the line, It happens a lot

May be for Wilder-AJ.

Anyway, relating to Wilder-Fury I think this line of "let's wait a little longer so we can make even more money" is off the mark here......

• Registered Users Posts: 9,971 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Charr vs Oquendo for the 'Regular' WBA title in 3 weeks.

Who do you all think wins?

Oquendo is somehow the mandatory despite not having fought in 4 years, coming off a loss and being 45.

• Advertisement

MGM Las Vegas rumored to have won bid to stage Fury/Wilder in December..

Charr vs Oquendo for the 'Regular' WBA title in 3 weeks.

Who do you all think wins?

Oquendo is somehow the mandatory despite not having fought in 4 years, coming off a loss and being 45.

I couldn’t give a fook about these nobody has-beens....who were never anything to begin with...

I couldn’t give a fook about these nobody has-beens....who were never anything to begin with...

You shouldn't talk about the prestigious WBA regular championship like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Still no update on Fury Wilder ?

Still think there is no chance its happening

• Registered Users Posts: 19,873 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

I think there waiting on the venue ,which should now be confirmed and for Tyson to get his licence approved for the States,

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Chocolatito

Wilder-Fury would be a cracker of a fight..I think if Fury is back to his best though he'll win a UD; fairly widely TBH.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,853 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Wilder-Fury first press conference is Mon 24th Sept in London according to Frank on IFL.

Morrison J wrote: »
    Wilder-Fury first press conference is Mon 24th Sept in London according to Frank on IFL.

Andy Lee said something to the effect that they'll turn up at the AJ-AP weighin to announce it.
    Wouldn't surprise me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭Ultimate Seduction

Amazing they are announcing pressers an all without a date or venue even

• Advertisement

Amazing they are announcing pressers an all without a date or venue even
    Its quite obvious there waiting to steel the thunder of AJ this week, It's no coincidence nothing has been announced yet

Andy Lee said something to the effect that they'll turn up at the AJ-AP weighin to announce it.
    Wouldn't surprise me.

Kind of pathetic really...

But it’s the world we live in...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Wouldn't surprise me.

I'd be surprised. There's not much buzz around the upcoming AJ fight. Warren isn't about to give Eddie Hearn some free promotion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

Kind of pathetic really...

But it’s the world we live in...

Thought the same thing, them turning up to a Joshua event is as good as admitting who the real big dog is in the Heavyweight division.

Charr popped for PEDs.
    Oquendo fight now scrapped. Fres will be 60 before he gets a fight!

I gotta say there isn't much hype about this weekends fight this side of the water,
     I'm guessing its a sell out but I wonder how the pay per view will do ,
    I personally think its a gimme fight be over by round 4 , AP isn't the same man he once was , which is understandable at 39,  I don't buy that he is dangerous fight at all,

Joshua 245
    Povetkin 222

• Registered Users Posts: 4,762 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Povetkin might last the pace 4/5 rounds

squinn2912 wrote: »
    Povetkin might last the pace 4/5 rounds

Looks like there’s meant to be more to this post....?

• Advertisement

Dec 1 looks like date..
    Wilder on Instagram confirming it

Advertisement