Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,222 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Even though I'm slightly favouring Fury, the draw is quite possible

• Registered Users Posts: 55,009 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Fight week!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,631 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I'm a massive massive Fury fan through the years but your only as good as your last fight so i think Usyk gets it done on points , A year or 2 ago i'd have picked Fury all day every day & twice on a Sunday

I just can't overlook how poor Furys legs & feet looked against Francis, I can't recall anyone's legs looking shot & them getting them back,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,011 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

Anyone know if there's anywhere in Waterford showing the fight?. I'll be out for my 30th birthday on Saturday so won't be at home for it.

Did you change over last few days? Did I not see you pick Fury via stoppage, and you had no doubt?

• Advertisement

I did,

I had always thought Fury would beat him by stoppage , I rewatched the Francis fight & after few conversations around the gym & trying to remember anyone coming back from looking so bad on there legs & i couldn't recall one, Furys feet where shocking in that fight,

So the sensible take is that Fury will be similar if not the same, If his legs are truly gone Usyk is the worst style match up ,

I think Prime Fury stops him but on last evidence we have he is no longer that,

Boxing is not like Football to me , as in i don't support anyone or blindly pick someone to win because i like them ,Its about looking at the attributes & trying to pick who you think has the better tools to win , At this moment in time i'll go Usyk on the score cards,

• Registered Users Posts: 9,024 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

I will go for fury but I haven’t a clue how he gets it, he is such a wild card he doesn’t know himself how he’s going to fight and Usyk said the other day he’s not planning anything either and will see how fury fights

For a fella that doesn’t speak English Usyk is very good all of a sudden, I suspect he’s been told by the Saudi crew he has to give interviews in English

The internet isn’t for everyone

One most difficult fights to call. Anyone overly confident of an Usyk win is way off. I think Usyk wins, but not a chance I'd lay any serious money on it. I can understand folks being more confident in picking Fury due to his size, weight, reach and boxing IQ. Intriguing fight, and as mentioned, a draw a real possibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

'I'll fight anyman'* john fury got a slap or headbutt

on youtube saying a headbutt at the moment

*with caveats

maybe it was just this and he bleeds easily

They should keep that old fool away from there.

• Advertisement

Ah here…this better not be another pullout job from Fury…

Boxing authorities have no standards. John Fury has been involved in plenty these skirmishes and never any sanctioning…video seems to clearly show Fury headbutting someone. He should be banned from being involved in any way here

the lad that was head butted spat in someone’s face apparently which if true is disgusting, plenty of cameras there so I’m sure it’s going to be online

There's this one that shows how fast fury legs it after throwing the cheap shot

John Fury is a melt, shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the events

At the same time the guy he nutted spat at someone,

was it a cheap shot spitting in someone’s face too ? Two men both in the wrong and should be sent home

In his own words, emotions high, they were chanting usyk, nothing about spitting, got in his space, which he clearly didnt, just him being a c you next tuesday

no spitting mentioned, how dare supporters support anyone other than his son

No video evidence of spitting yet. But, if someone spat in someone’s face, then they should be banned from this event, and Fury head butting someone should absolutely be banned. The chap has history. It’s absolutely ridiculous that he’s tolerated. A menace.

Will we get a scenario now of Fury being rightly banned, and Tyson then refusing to fight?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,819 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

These guys aren't getting in the ring at the weekend so who cares what they do. This is typical crap social media getting up in a tizzy.

• Advertisement

So boxers’ teams and people should be allowed do whatever they like with no consequences? No wonder the sport has such a bad name.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,769 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

John Fury, What an absolute bellend.

Watched another close up video. Really nasty butt he did. Chap didn’t flinch.

https://x.com/arielhelwani/status/1790019323840401813?t=PQr6FknEUNdC2f3qr_j2ig&s=08

https://x.com/arielhelwani/status/1790019323840401813?t=PQr6FknEUNdC2f3qr_j2ig&s=08

He should be stuck on the next plane out of there with a life time ban

• Registered Users Posts: 9,973 ✭✭✭normanoffside

I'd imagine he will be. I can see him getting arrested in the next few hours. Saudi's don't stand for that kind of stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭newhouse87

Think most people would love to see john fury get flattened. Despicable cowardly thing to do. Usyks manager alex k should never have went up and apologised.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,011 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

John Fury is a thug and an absolute danger to society. Sure he was in prison for gouging a man's eye out. Also, the definition of living off your sons name, plays the hardman act but seems to forget how terrible his own boxing career actually was. Tyson is the only one of them that's actually a decent fighter.

The fella he butted looks about 12 🙄

No mention of spitting by either side afaik

• Advertisement

yes. Noticed that, too. Very young looking lad and clearly smaller. Absolute scummy act. It absolutely should not go unpunished, or put down to “shi1t happens.”

Advertisement