Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,116 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

the bloke that assaulted wardley wasn’t arrested either

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 55,095 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Sky ROI is 27.95 Euro. DAZN PPV is 24 sterling

Think I’ll go sky route. Just for consistency!

Not buying till Friday latest. Never know with Fury

• Registered Users Posts: 19,916 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

lads, its boxing, the whole thing is a circus, was mike tyson arrested for assaulting lennox's team in the face off before their fight? of course he wasnt.

I heard usyk saying later that his team are well versed in knives and guns which has a threatening undertone no?

you’re spot on. As I said, the sport has no standards at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,647 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Usyk looked strangely flat in his physique yesterday ,

Not sure if he's skinner or fatter its hard to tell if he's lost muscle or put fat over it,

Certainly looks different than the 2 Aj fights

• Advertisement

Looks bit lighter to me than normal. Not as heavy up top

• Registered Users Posts: 9,983 ✭✭✭normanoffside

I think both Fury and Usyk are starting to show their age. Usyk was his usual 221lbs against Dubois but just wasn’t as well defining as normal.

Fury to me looks very old these days in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭newhouse87

The crowd at the entrances was pitiful fury shouted into mic and barely got a reaction from the few people hanging around. Joke of an atmosphere for biggest fights. The fighters must be holding in laughter when talking about how great saudi is.

Post edited by newhouse87 on

frying pan 🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭reclose

I hope Tyson gets stopped after the John Fury incident.

Usyk’s team should have pressed charges just to unsettle the fury camp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,916 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

I hope fury smashes his guy and shuts that scum bag up, he is no better than big John

open workout is interesting

Usyks promoter said he’s done 500 rounds of sparring for this fight and the delays have helped Usyk prepare better (promoters talks **** tbf)

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Butson

Sky really pushing the fight.

I know they want to sell PPVs but it's everywhere across their platforms.

On YouTube earlier sky had the open workout and 1700 people were watching it and dazn has 20k people

It was 33 degrees for the workout

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Nortons Coin

Just wondering what channel to go for in terms of coverage, production, pundits & commentary? Rare that same fight is covered by all 3 major networks/platforms this side of the pond. I guess whichever one that means I won't have to suffer David Haye or Carl Froch might be a good place to start....

Haye usually TNT. Bellew is Sky, and Froch is Sky I think.

Usyk’s big issue is scoring punches to head, which judges will rate higher than hitting arms, shoulders, belly etc. If Fury makes himself as tall as can be, Usyk will find it difficult to land head shots. Fury should find it more easy and comfortable to land head shots.

Not being funny but that Atmosphere in the middle east is more like the East than the West

In the East they sit quietly & clap, in the West you get a crazy atmosphere, The middle east leans more East ,

Funny you say this i seen Shane Fury tlaking baout how Chisora, Aj & Dubious are all lean forward heavy weights,

AJ tried to stand back & box which isn't natural for him , Its natural for Fury ,

Anyone think Fury looks as if he’s doubting himself? Just a vibe. After his workout yesterday profusely sweating. He spoke for a bit. Doesn’t seem really on it!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,801 ✭✭✭squinn2912

I’ve been thinking similarly. He seems to swing a bit between chirpy and confident and then a bit withdrawn. Usyk staring at him with laser focus and confidence. Nothing will be clear until Saturday but all these little tells are interesting

Yes. I was never really one these who looks too much into words and body-language, but sometimes it strikes me. He just comes across not assured.

Usyk his usual steely concentrated self. He comes across as someone truly in control of what he can do.

Intriguing match. So difficult to call.

lots of talk about fury sweating and it’s a sign he’s on peds, the heat out there is insane it’s 33* at night and very humid, it’s vital to keep hydrated obviously so he’s bound to sweat even sugar was sweating in his interview after the mess about

I hope fury and Usyk don’t have too many media commitments because that won’t help either man

Aj next fight sorted

Yup. They can fook off with rematch. Get us Fury/AJ as soon as

After the Francis fight of course he'll be doubting himself,

Although that may not be a bad thing, One thing we can all agree with is that Fury has grit, He will put it all on the line ,

I honestly think if AJ was willing to go out on his shield he'd have beat Usyk the second time, You have to push your self right to the brink in these super fights, To me AJ got to a point where he was happy to lose as long as he didn't get knocked out , I thiink Fury in a similar position would put the foot down & just go for it,

• Registered Users Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Fury : I don't want to be compared to anyone else.

Also Fury : I'm Achilles and he is Hector.

Yes, said same. AJ happy just to compete. Didn’t show that real aggressive “kill” attitude.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Id read absolutely nothing into the Ngannou fight.

If that was the case Usyk can take it easy.

• Advertisement

We may not take anything from it but if your a fighter & your last fight you feel you could have lost against a walk in the park trust me it'll stay with you until you get your next win ,

All fighters will always questions themselves even if they don't say it publicly , You no human if you don't fell doubt at some point ,

Advertisement