Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Heavyweight Boxing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭normanoffside

WBA regular title(means very little). But what I meant was a shot at a top ranked fighter like Povetkin? You must agree it's completely out of the blue?!

Povetkin doesn't hold the WBA regular title (Manuel Charr does :pac:)

(The :pac: is not to laugh at you but at the Fact Charr holds a title btw)

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭The man in red and black

Povetkin doesn't hold the WBA regular title (Manuel Charr does :pac:)

(
    The :pac: is not to laugh at you but at the Fact Charr holds a title btw)

Apologies. My mistake. Still I was surpised at Price getting this opportunity. Though the argument above regarding possible blacklisting make sense. Be some craic if Price did actually knock him out. Always liked Price and would love to see him make a few pounds before boxing is finished with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭squinn2912

Price Is logical enough. English, good amature background and since the show is all about AJ there's some connection there.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭RezwoK

Apologies. My mistake. Still I was surpised at Price getting this opportunity. Though the argument above regarding possible blacklisting make sense. Be some craic if Price did actually knock him out. Always liked Price and would love to see him make a few pounds before boxing is finished with him.

Price seems like a good guy but boxing wise I’ve never liked price - He’s just awful - In every way! I see povetkin getting rid of him within 3. Don’t get me wrong though, I’d love to see Price beat Povetkin.

It could well happen of course. I'd like to see Price really give it a go; if he does then I can see him doing well in this fight. I'd be so frustrated to see him in another snore fest culminating in him gassing by the midway point. His career hit a brick wall in the first fight vrs Tony Thompson with an insanely chosen attempted uppercut. He was doing well until that point

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Price wouldn't beat anyone above British level these days. Combination of not being able to pull the trigger on his right hand and a gas tank of about one and a half rounds doesn't help.

Joyce vs Chisora on the Haye vs Bellew undercard.
    Joyce wins a shutout for me.

Joyce vs Chisora on the Haye vs Bellew undercard.
    Joyce wins a shutout for me.

Yep Joyce beats him. Love how quickly they're moving Joyce.

Morrison J wrote: »
    Yep Joyce beats him. Love how quickly they're moving Joyce.

There could be money to be made there...

Joyce is 32 they need to move him quickly! I don't see him pulling up many trees with the best in the division but he will win this. Rounds 8-10 ko not that interested in this fight

• Advertisement

squinn2912 wrote: »
    Joyce is 32 they need to move him quickly! I don't see him pulling up many trees with the best in the division but he will win this. Rounds 8-10 ko not that interested in this fight

Agree, but I suggested that joyce would beat Chisora and/or whyte on a British boxing page after Joyce's pro debut and was met with derision. I reckon there might be good odds here. If i can get Evens on Joyce I'll be lumping on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,935 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Price Is logical enough. English, good amature background and since the show is all about AJ there's some connection there.

Known to the audience too so when (most likely) Povetkin smashes him, they get to make Povetkin a credible candidate for Joshua's next fight

Good point there about Joyce.

Yep that's another factor for him fighting Price of course. If it were wilder v Povetkin in USA then it wouldn't be that much of a surprise to see pov fight Washington or someone like that with some Ls on the record. I've thought that Price's big problem has been mental confidence so if he could improve that, as happens in sport when there's only one option, then he can cause problems for anyone.

As I've said I rate his chances, I'm not making him favourite

Anybody watching Joe Joyce fight on Dave? When David Haye speaks he sounds like a lad who would arrive at your door selling tools. Totally can't believe a word he says.
    Anyhow looking forward to seeing a bit more from JJ

When David Haye speaks he sounds like a lad who would arrive at your door selling tools. Totally can't believe a word he says.

You're not wrong

Deal agreed for Joyce v Chisora May 5th according to Haye.

Deal agreed for Joyce v Chisora May 5th according to Haye.

That's a really good fight but surely chisora is shot?

If Chisora can motivate himself to get up for it like he did the Whyte fight it might be interesting but if not it should be relatively easy work for Joyce. Bookies odds will be very interesting.

Expected chisora to get a bigger fight but he's well down the pecking order I'd say JJ ko inside 4 rounds. Makes sense for him it will be a fairly eye catching name on the record

• Registered Users Posts: 54,692 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Shot and sh1t and pretty much always that.

• Advertisement

Round about British level he was a bit of a measurement but finished now.
    What about Joe Joyce? Looking decent

Fury is looking in much better shape in the audience tonight.

Didnt see him there is that right? He's bound to call a fight soon

Didnt see him there is that right? He's bound to call a fight soon

Compared to a few months ago when we last saw him, he's lost a lot of weight.

https://twitter.com/TeamSauerland/status/964940570199252992

https://twitter.com/WBSuperSeries/status/964957110361608195/photo/1

Wow! Different man altogether

He's 18 stone 10 now. Weighed in for the Klitschko fight at 17 stone 8. He's very nearly there.

He's 18 stone 10 now. Weighed in for the Klitschko fight at 17 stone 8. He's very nearly there.

What's the source for that? Still looks a bit heavier than then!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,522 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

https://youtu.be/AGy6itLnZhc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,555 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

He said it himself on Saturday night, He looks very slim around the face,
    He needs a couple of months training at his desired walk around weight,
    Its not good idea to go straight from losing weight into a fight camp (not to be confused with cutting for fight weight) , He need's a couple of months to work on power and cardio at his desired walk around weight before actually fight camp.
    I think he will 100% need a warm up fight, The issue with Tyson is the longer you leave it till he fights a big fight the more chance he has of falling off the wagon again ,

Advertisement