Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017 Nvidia Shield

Options

Comments

stimpson wrote: »
    That's a weird one. The XBox doesn't support control over CEC, so it's not that. I'd say for some reason it's sending a WOL packet to the Shield. No idea why though.

Yeah, it's just the CEC that is telling the TV to turn on/off from the shield I guess, so turning off HDMI CEC on the shield would stop it from happening. I don't particularly want to do that, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

Basil3 wrote: »
    Yeah, it's just the CEC that is telling the TV to turn on/off from the shield I guess, so turning off HDMI CEC on the shield would stop it from happening. I don't particularly want to do that, though.

Just wondering if the xbox controller was ever paired with the Shield?

Don't think so, can only remember ever using my wired 360 controllers with it. Will double check when I'm back in Dublin, though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

It suggests its possible here

https://www.androidcentral.com/how-pair-ps4-and-xbox-one-controllers-nvidia-shield-tv

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

Oh, it's possible for sure. Not sure why it would still be attached to the Shield as it's bluetooth, but anything is possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,899 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

It is possible

[IMG][/img]2_B63_E34_E-_FFDE-4_ADE-93_B8-100_E0087_F860.jpg

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

OmegaGene wrote: »
    It is possible

[IMG][/img]2_B63_E34_E-_FFDE-4_ADE-93_B8-100_E0087_F860.jpg

What about 360 controller though?

cronos wrote: »
    What about 360 controller though?

Did you read the thread at all ?
    That has been covered already

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

griffdaddy wrote: »
    Do people not just use their TV remote with this through hdmi-cec? Mine works better than the shield remote, which can be laggy. The game pad is still the best for navigating though

How does this work?

• Advertisement

I've got a 6tb external drive connected directly to my shield. How do I access this from my laptop to add and remove content? Also, can I connect to this from apps on my phone and a second shield device?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

I've got a 6tb external drive connected directly to my shield. How do I access this from my laptop to add and remove content? Also, can I connect to this from apps on my phone and a second shield device?

Settings > Storage & reset > turn on transfer files over local network. This will give you the IP address username and password to mayo this network drive from other devices

Settings > Storage & reset > turn on transfer files over local network. This will give you the IP address username and password to mayo this network drive from other devices

Thanks, I got connected to my external drive. A couple of other questions.

Does the IP change? I'm also getting an error about permissions to delete files on the external. You need permission from S-1-1-0 to make changes to this folder.

If I try to edit a file name I get the file is too large for the destination file system, but it's already on the system which is strange, I'm not copying it. Anyone ever had these sorts of issues?

Seems I'm not the only one but not seeing a solution. https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/990538/shield-tv/folder-access-denied-message-when-deleting-folders-on-the-shield-from-pc-/

When you use a HDD with the shield it will create a folder called Nvidia shield on the HDD this is the only folder that is writeable within the drive.
    You can create sub folders like movies,tv,music etc and place your media there and point any app on the shield to this folder, if you have media already on a HDD just leave it there and point to it,but the shield will still create the folder above and the same scenario will then apply

Thanks, I got connected to my external drive. A couple of other questions.

Does the IP change? I'm also getting an error about permissions to delete files on the external. You need permission from S-1-1-0 to make changes to this folder.

If I try to edit a file name I get the file is too large for the destination file system, but it's already on the system which is strange, I'm not copying it. Anyone ever had these sorts of issues?

Seems I'm not the only one but not seeing a solution. https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/990538/shield-tv/folder-access-denied-message-when-deleting-folders-on-the-shield-from-pc-/

Read this full thread

then this

https://forums.geforce.com/default/board/159/

and

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057823443

if you still have questions then ,Stick them here

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057823443

• Registered Users Posts: 8,648 ✭✭✭corks finest

n1ck wrote: »
    So I got my shield from Amazon Prime day... what a let down. It is ridiculously slow navigating menus, to the point, it doesn't do anything for 3-4 seconds, then it moves one icon and then does nothing for another 3-4 seconds. This painful experience is consistent, never once has been it smooth since i've plugged it in and turned it on..
    Sounds totally wrong,mine is rapid

• Registered Users Posts: 8,648 ✭✭✭corks finest

griffdaddy wrote: »
    Do people not just use their TV remote with this through hdmi-cec? Mine works better than the shield remote, which can be laggy. The game pad is still the best for navigating though
    I use the game pad always

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Warehouse deals on Amazon have 2 of these...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Oat23 wrote: »
    The right analog stick on the controller also works as a mouse pointer which is needed for the free movie/tv show APKs you can sideload. The regular remote can't be used as a mouse pointer.

PS2, no. PS1 is included. The emulators retrox supports can be seen in this video.
    https://youtu.be/IxsWJXu5UfM?t=93

Off topic...your PM inbox is full.

Can't send you a PM

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭portach king

Does anyone know how to get one in Ireland?

I'm a teacher and I was very generously gifted a few One4All cards at the end of the year. I don't really spend money on myself so my fiancee is insisting I gift myself something nice with them. I was to use them to replace the roku 2 and make up the difference with my debit card but I'm not having any luck.

Obviously I'd love to go the Amazon route, but that isn't looking great. I already checked a few of the other shops but Littlewoods is the only place that sells them that I could see. Any ideas lads?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭DubOnHoliday

I'm a teacher and I was very generously gifted a few One4All cards at the end of the year. I don't really spend money on myself so my fiancee is insisting I gift myself something nice with them. I was to use them to replace the roku 2 and make up the difference with my debit card but I'm not having any luck.

Obviously I'd love to go the Amazon route, but that isn't looking great. I already checked a few of the other shops but Littlewoods is the only place that sells them that I could see. Any ideas lads?

Littlewoods accept one4all vouchers.

Currys used to sell it, but doesn't seem they do any more.

I was in a similar position to you, and I just cashed out with One4All (at a loss of €7) and bought it on Amazon.

I saw that. They're also charging €249.99 which is around €60 more than Amazon.

If I have to, I will, but I was wondering if there was anywhere that some of you guys might know that didn't have such a big mark-up.

Basil3 wrote: »
    Currys used to sell it, but doesn't seem they do any more.

I was in a similar position to you, and I just cashed out with One4All (at a loss of €7) and bought it on Amazon.

This might the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Solaris10

use promo code : NEW20 to get 20% discount , comes down €199.99

try new credit account and " pay in full now "

https://www.one4all.ie/littlewoodsireland-ie.html

Solaris10 wrote: »
    use promo code : NEW20 to get 20% discount , comes down €199.99

try new credit account and " pay in full now "

https://www.one4all.ie/littlewoodsireland-ie.html

That is fantastic. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Solaris10

New%20Bitmap%20Image_zps1ncnc6ci.jpg

Solaris10 wrote: »
    New%20Bitmap%20Image_zps1ncnc6ci.jpg

Legend! Im away from Wednesday so I'll order it later in the week. Thank you again!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,806 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Back from a few weeks away.. noticed Fortnite has been added.. played it on Mac a few weeks ago and didn't think much of it but maybe I'll give it another go.

Has there been any news about GeForce Now's pricing? Unsure if it's still free as I signed up and my trial period was during when rolled it back to free for all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Basq wrote: »
    Back from a few weeks away.. noticed Fortnite has been added.. played it on Mac a few weeks ago and didn't think much of it but maybe I'll give it another go.

Has there been any news about GeForce Now's pricing? Unsure if it's still free as I signed up and my trial period was during when rolled it back to free for all.

It's still free but now supports lots of the pc games you own in Steam/origin/battlenet. You launch to a VM where the game installs, it streams from there and saves to the cloud

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement