Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017 Nvidia Shield

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,090 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

stimpson wrote: »
    Whats the consensus on the 7.0 update? I’m back from my hols and was holding off updating. Is it stable?

Seems alright to me, just a fancy home screen is all I’m noticing

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

It's actually down to 149 sterling on the UK site for prime day. That's probably the best way to go
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/best-amazon-prime-day-deals-12750413.amp

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭ftm2008

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Getflix, they have a 2 weeks trial
    If you check bargain alerts, johnnydogs posted a deal for their service
    I’m with them since last year and it’s a good service
    Uk players working
    Us amazon and Netflix works too
    i used smart proxy DNS and was working on an amazon firestick but when i got my shield at the start of the year Netflix will not fireup when going through their DNS servers.
    if you change your google dns to getflix dns servers there are no issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭stevegrace

griffdaddy wrote: »
    It's actually down to 149 sterling on the UK site for prime day. That's probably the best way to go
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/best-amazon-prime-day-deals-12750413.amp

Has anyone seen when this deal will be available yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,665 ✭✭✭corks finest

Catmologen wrote: »
    Does anybody have a recommendation for a smart Dns provider?

Getflix, they have a 2 weeks trial
    If you check bargain alerts, johnnydogs posted a deal for their service
    I’m with them since last year and it’s a good service
    Uk players working
    Us amazon and Netflix works too
    Any buffering etc on UK players?had express VPN dissatisfied

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

stevegrace wrote: »
    Has anyone seen when this deal will be available yet.

Started now - £149 with controller..

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭stevegrace

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Started now - £149 with controller..

Yeah I got it great price

No

ftm2008 wrote: »
    i used smart proxy DNS and was working on an amazon firestick but when i got my shield at the start of the year Netflix will not fireup when going through their DNS servers.
    if you change your google dns to getflix dns servers there are no issues?

No issues at all

No
    Thanks,just tried the Nord VPN 3 day free trial ,kept dropping on I player etc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

I've had Nord for some time now and tried recently and was not really usable on an Android Tablet (US server). Normally has been fine in the past. Obviously a little slower but totally workable.

MaceFace wrote: »

I've had Nord for some time now and tried recently and was not really usable on an Android Tablet (US server). Normally has been fine in the past. Obviously a little slower but totally workable.
    Was using it on shield,and casting from phone(I player) not good,tried a few different servers,not great tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 16,603 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Have a weird Amazon Prime issue here.
    Account is set to UK, and UK content is viewable on the Laptop and via the Prime Video app on my phone.
    However when I log into the Prime Video app on my Shields, its Irish content only.
    Have signed out, cleared App data and cache, restarted all with the same outcome.
    Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭tonic wine

Lawdie wrote: »
    Got the shield, many thanks all for the advice in this thread.
    One issue the sound, every time I change channel it lower to zero (before the last system update it was the opposite and went higher).
    Happen to anyone? Is there a work around? Tried a few searches but dead ends.
    What was the solution to this, I've the same issue. Thanks.

Was using it on shield,and casting from phone(I player) not good,tried a few different servers,not great tbh

install the player on the shield, bbc itv and channel 5 all work

banie01 wrote: »
    Have a weird Amazon Prime issue here.
    Account is set to UK, and UK content is viewable on the Laptop and via the Prime Video app on my phone.
    However when I log into the Prime Video app on my Shields, its Irish content only.
    Have signed out, cleared App data and cache, restarted all with the same outcome.
    Any ideas?

on the shield there are location settings you need to change and another setting where wifi is always searching i think, there are two or three things need changing off the top of my head

tonic wine wrote: »
    What was the solution to this, I've the same issue. Thanks.

Check this link as see

-fixed volume control

This will disable the volume control on the remote and when you change channels it won’t go up or down, just use the regular tv remote

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

Not sure how much of a bargain this is, but £134.99 for an Nvidia Shield ( Amazon Prime ) seems like a deal that should be highlighted.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nvidia-SHIELD-TV-with-Remote/dp/B075TBK232/ref=sr_1_8?s=prime-day&psr=PDAY&ie=UTF8&qid=1531824240&sr=1-8&keywords=android+tv+box&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

tryfix wrote: »
    Not sure how much of a bargain this is, but £134.99 for an Nvidia Shield ( Amazon Prime ) seems like a deal that should be highlighted.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nvidia-SHIELD-TV-with-Remote/dp/B075TBK232/ref=sr_1_8?s=prime-day&psr=PDAY&ie=UTF8&qid=1531824240&sr=1-8&keywords=android+tv+box&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

It dropped even lower! Now that's a proper deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭clintondaly

Just to note that it doesn't include the game pad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Which is very handy even if not playing games and sells for a lot more individually, than the price difference between the two bundles.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

It's an extra 10er from the drop down box..

Thanks just bought my second one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭tryfix

Suckit wrote: »
    Which is very handy even if not playing games and sells for a lot more individually, than the price difference between the two bundles.

Yup, I just had a look for one with a game controller and it is selling at £149.99 with both the remote and game controller included.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nvidia-SHIELD-TV-Remote-Controller/dp/B01NBJ6KZY/ref=pd_vtph_bs_t_1?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B01NBJ6KZY&pd_rd_r=9d51d5e2-89b2-11e8-a2e6-c55a064349a9&pd_rd_w=l2IxN&pd_rd_wg=SdcHh&pf_rd_i=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_p=3950386175001893296&pf_rd_r=XRE8DZ9R4886AMDNCRYE&pf_rd_s=desktop-dp-sims&pf_rd_t=40701&psc=1&refRID=XRE8DZ9R4886AMDNCRYE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭6541

Hi, what is the story with Amazon prime. Can I cancel this after I order ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭NATLOR

6541 wrote: »
    Hi, what is the story with Amazon prime. Can I cancel this after I order ?

You can cancel anytime you will still get the remainder of the trial

I managed to resist temptation on the Shield, though the extra price drop should make it a no-brainer for anyone - by consensus the best android box on the market.

My own cheapo box is running perfectly on a custom ROM, and I can't justify changing it just because..

Will wait till it gives up the ghost..

UsedToWait wrote: »
    I managed to resist temptation on the Shield, though the extra price drop should make it a no-brainer for anyone - by consensus the best android box on the market.

My own cheapo box is running perfectly on a custom ROM, and I can't justify changing it just because..

Will wait till it gives up the ghost..

And then the shield will be full price and you will be wondering why you waited
    I sold all my other boxes as soon as this one landed

And then the shield will be full price and you will be wondering why you waited
    I sold all my other boxes as soon as this one landed

Go away with your logical thinking!

Have a back up, and a HTPC, and a camel alert for further price drops on the Shield, and a credit card wilting already from Prime Day.

Trigger finger is still itchy though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭6541

Hi All I have been watching this thread for ages - I pulled the trigger at Euro 176.17 including the controller.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Lads is the shield that good? I had a lot of problems with two cheap boxes and then upgraded to a Minix Neo U1 but I still found it quite glitchy and unreliable.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement