Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stay There! The 2017 Mirgathread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,827 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Skid X wrote: »
    This Mid Interview contrived Question and Answer to promote another RTE Show is immoral, Disgusting, Vile, Cringeworthy, Sickening and must be stopped.

Wonder what they will segway from Giles interview, perhaps some new RTE documentary going to be shown about the makers of quality sheepskin jackets.

john-giles.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

She has a look of an elderly Diana Rigg.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I love Edgar and Colette, what a lovely friendship...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

What has all this to do with John Bishop?

M

Howth Tourist Board bloody loving this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,444 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

RobertKK wrote: »
    RTE does really good bad TV.

It's not that bad, I have seen shows living abroad!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,444 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Seriously, I go on about this but the constant phone in comps on ever live show except the news is awful for a national broadcaster.

Three times they have promoted it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

You book a high-profile comedian from Liverpool, only to leave him sitting there while an old civilian couple takes over his segment...

Remarkable, really. :o;)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

They did the same thig during the Denise McCormack interview. Randomly switched over to the rollerblade girls.

They even broke up the John Bishop interview / Skype promo to do the competition. Weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Johnny Giles of Ireland,

the Hero of United,

And if Don Revie had his way

then Johnny would be Knighted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

murpho999 wrote: »
    Seriously, I go on about this but the constant phone in comps on ever live show except the news is awful for a national broadcaster.

RTE must be thinking their target audience is hard of hearing :rolleyes:

sligojoek wrote: »
    They did the same thig during the Denise McCormack interview. Randomly switched over to the rollerblade girls.

They even broke up the John Bishop interview / Skype promo to do the competition. Weird.

Some hat-trick, then, if they break up Gilesy's interview in any way... :o:D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

murpho999 wrote: »

Even Nationwide is starting with phone-in competitions now. It's nothing but a money-making racket for RTE.

Even Nationwide is starting with phone-in competitions now. It's nothing but a money-making racket for RTE.

And Nationwide used to fall under News and Current Affairs... :o:o

• Registered Users Posts: 55,083 ✭✭✭✭walshb

You book a high-profile comedian from Liverpool, only to leave him sitting there while an old civilian couple takes over his segment...

Remarkable, really. :o;)

You know where the remote is?

Sorry, couldn't resist!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,598 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

At McDonald's there's always a good story behind our food.

Take the Big Mac. This is the story of Mr Connective Tissue and the Mechanically Removed Meat Machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Patty O Furniture

Some hat-trick, then, if they break up Gilesy's interview in any way... :o:D;)

Dunphy in Disguise rollerblading, he's teh one with the moustache :P

Loves me some Nationwide. No messin.

That was a pretty poor "...for everyone in the audience" there, Mir... :o:o;)

M

It's taking the piss, it's one thing having ads and getting licence fee money but having almost every single prime time show sponsored and also supported by premium rate phone in money is a joke. I won't even talk about the bloody joke that is RTE Player and the ads on that.

• Advertisement

I'd love Gilesy to turn up on TV3. With Brian Kerr.

Mir should get Bridie from Ballyconnell in the audience to sing a song now which says hello to all her neighbours, just to blow John Bishop's mind.

M

He would probably be on £100k a week in todays money.

Ol' Donie wrote: »
    I'd love Gilesy to turn up on TV3. With Brian Kerr.

That would be epic,

even if they had no football to show, just let them get on with it.

M

Leeds gone to the dogs in the modern day, I think though this year there's hope of them returning to the Premier League.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,083 ✭✭✭✭walshb

FFS, Bishop now taking over Gilsey's slot..this is beyond bonkers.

He's looking well, John.

It bothers me immensely that RTE got rid of him and kept Eammon and his rubbish.

I met John Giles at a Book Signing a few years ago.

I told him I love his last book (Forward with Leeds, it came out in the seventies)

John told me no, it wasn't really a great book and he wished he'd spent more time on it.

Pure Gentleman, one of a kind.

M

Some of the tackles they did back then would result in police questioning for assault today.

• Advertisement

Skid X wrote: »
    That would be epic,

even if they had no football to show, just let them get on with it.

Yeah, they should be a talk show 1-2 like the way Conan O'Brien used to have that other fella just sitting there in between the guests.

Advertisement