Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fat kids

Options
  • 30-06-2017 5:39pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭

I've just been noticing tonnes of fat kids around lately. Like really fat. I find them rather unsightly. I'm not a bad person but I look at them and think how could anyone love that? When I was in school, in the 90s, I think there was one fat kid in my year. He used to get tonnes of sh*t over it too. I wonder if fat kids get bullied now or if everyone's just used to it? What can we do to stop more fat kids happening? Do you have a fat kid? How did it happen?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

I've just been noticing tonnes of fat kids around lately. Like really fat. I find them rather unsightly. I'm not a bad person but I look at them and think how could anyone love that? When I was in school, in the 90s, I think there was one fat kid in my year. He used to get tonnes of sh*t over it too. I wonder if fat kids get bullied now or if everyone's just used to it? What can we do to stop more fat kids happening? Do you have a fat kid? How did it happen?

Hope that was meant! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭Baron Kurtz

No sitting on the fence there. Fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭andekwarhola

Do you have a fat kid? How did it happen?

They ate lots of food?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

No sitting on the fence there. Fair enough.
    It can't take the weight.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

They ate lots of food?

Yeah but is it bad parenting? When I was a kid it was the opposite, I was too skinny, my mam used to make me eat this stuff called Complan to put weight on that my sick Grandfather had excess amounts of, it was revolting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭daveyeh

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Cortina_MK_IV

You better not be talkin' bout me...

hqdefault.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,175 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Jimmy Carr put it best

Jimmy Carr wrote:
    I worry that these obese children are sending a very mixed message to our paedophiles

Sure they're easier to catch

But who wants to fiddle with a fatty

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

we've built a society free from personal responsibility. people feed their kids crap and don't make them exercise and then blame the state for their fat kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,755 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Kids don't walk anywhere anymore. Mammy drives them to school in her 7 seater. Instead of going out and playing, they're sitting, playing x box or on their phones eating a tub of pringles. Instead of water or milk they're giving kids "juice"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

I remember seeing headlines about Ireland getting to number 1 for obesity alright:
    2015:
    Ireland set to be most obese country in Europe, WHO says
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/ireland-set-to-be-most-obese-country-in-europe-who-says-1.2201731
    2016:
    Ireland's obesity rate among world's worst
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/health/ireland-s-obesity-rate-among-world-s-worst-1.2594266
    I'm not a bad person but I look at them and think how could anyone love that?

I'd say if you are stuck on how love works, then googling parents and how parent love their children unconditionally might help. I'm not sure how it's difficult but wouldn't say it's impossible. When I see someone talk about a parents love, I think it makes sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭daveyeh

What can we do to stop more fat kids happening?

Eliminate fat sperm from impregnating by placing a sieve-like cap on the cervix?

Forced starvation?

Prison?

Murder?

Where does this end Joe? It's awful I tell ya. Awful, Joe.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,627 Mod ✭✭✭✭tedpan

It's all the sugar in their diets, fizzy drinks, cheap fast food and usually no understanding of nutrition, both themselves and the parents.

Kids now have access to food at a giant scale, the brand's are bigger than ever with most flagged as healthy, good for you and Irish.

It's tough out there..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭pumpkin4life

I've just been noticing tonnes of fat kids around lately. Like really fat. I find them rather unsightly. I'm not a bad person but I look at them and think how could anyone love that?

utter.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭tupenny

100% the parents fault. Child abuse imo.
    Loads of fat 1s in my 8year olds class. No way I'd let my kid get like that.
    Usually they're the kids with the fat parents too

Slydice wrote: »

I'd say if you are stuck on how love works, then googling parents and how parent love their children unconditionally might help. I'm not sure how it's difficult but wouldn't say it's impossible. When I see someone talk about a parents love, I think it makes sense.

Yeah I don't have any kids, fat kids though, euuugh, I can barely look at them never mind raise the f*ckers.

tedpan wrote: »
    It's all the sugar in their diets, fizzy drinks, cheap fast food and usually no understanding of nutrition, both themselves and the parents.

Kids now have access to food at a giant scale, the brand's are bigger than ever with most flagged as healthy, good for you and Irish.

It's tough out there..

i don't buy this. Nutritional information is everywhere. This topic is never out of the media. You don't need a PHD in food science to know that certain foods will make you fat.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

The thing about being a fat kid is that you can become thin if you want to, they can do something about it!!

The thing about being a judgemental asshat is that it tends to stay with you...you will always be that person!!

Stay classy Dr!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

There should be no excuse for fat kids. There's enough information out there on nutrition these days. If parents insist on deep fat fryer food every day and McDonald's etc then they're not fit parents. Op is right though, the fat kid epidemic is out of control.

frag420 wrote: »
    The thing about being a fat kid is that you can become thin if you want to, they can do something about it!!

The thing about being a judgemental asshat is that it tends to stay with you...you will always be that person!!

Stay classy Dr!!

What's an asshat? Where did you come up with that word?

• Advertisement

its when you get so fat your arse flops onto your head

its when you get so fat your arse flops onto your head

oic

Mrs Crayfish uses it all the time...

Mrs Crayfish uses it all the time...

Mrs Crayfish is so fat she developed type 2 diabetes and died last year

Mrs Crayfish is so fat she developed type 2 diabetes and died last year

Sure what would you care, as you said yourself, how could anyone love someone like that!?

Sure what would you care, as you said yourself, how could anyone love someone like that!?

I didn't, I never loved her and it killed her inside, which led to emotional eating and ultimately her death

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Don't tell Dr. C but she faked the illness and death just to get away from him

Anyway, fat kids, Aren't they just the WORST*?

(*not this poster's actual opinion btw, it's just a ruse to distract Dr. C's lightning wits.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭pumpkin4life

Carbohydrate and sugar consumption leads to fat kids.

There are:

1: More and more of these foods are readily available.

2: Nutritional advice is bolloxed and works off bullcrap assumptions. Your Granny and Granddad who were lean as a pole know more about nutrition than most experts.

3: Feminism, more people working, increased work commutes. Miserable jobs. Poor parental upbringing (seriously, the amount of wans who can't toast toast is staggering like). No **** knows how to cook a good meal anymore.

That's why more and more of them are around.

Carbohydrate and sugar consumption leads to fat kids.

All I ever seemed to eat was bread, potatoes, and pasta growing up and we hadn't a pick on us. I don't think there's anything wrong with carbs. I like the blaming feminists approach though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,759 ✭✭✭Winterlong

Advertisement