Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Summer Sale 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Right so here we go

Lovers in a Dangerous Space time
    AC: Black Flag
    Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition
    Windward

Have some others im on the fence about, so will see by the end

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭Remouad

VinLieger wrote: »
    Right so here we go

Lovers in a Dangerous Space time
    AC: Black Flag
    Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition
    Windward

Have some others im on the fence about, so will see by the end

Been a fan of the Assassins Creed games since the start and Black flag is by far the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

I'm torn between Tyranny and Torment: Tides of Numenera. I adored the likes of Baldurs Gate and Planescape: Torment back in the day. Can anyone who has played both recommend one over the other?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Tinie wrote: »
    I feel sorry for poeple who only got into pc gaming the last couple of years. The sale hasn't been good since like 2013.

Only thinking that.

I just saw this thread on the frontpage and didnt even realise summer sale was on. In years gone by I'd be sweating for these every cycle, but the last few cycles I havnt been bothered.

Really odd for me not to realise a steam sale ongoing, must have a nosey now. While just a correlation, and no basis of actual evidence, I noticed the sales getting worse as the indie games sector started to grow on Steam. Most of the sales pages are taken up by games that personally I just wouldn't be buying. Appreciate Indie games are enjoyable for some people and there is a good following, but have pretty much no interest in that type of sector or game. So maybe if you're like me when steam sales used to be big titles or known games on good sale, thats kinda gone now with what looks like indie games making the majority of those sales.

Granted a lot of great titles still get discounted, just doesn't seem as spontaneous for me anymore buying things. Getting annoyed at having to scroll through the same looking indie games for ages to get to something interesting.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It's just not fulfilling. "End turn, move unites, build something, end turn, repeat until you win"
    Yeah, pretty much. You've obviously never played Civ before :pac:
    Xenji wrote: »
    You should pick up Icewind Dale as well if you do not have it, same price as BG2.
    I could never get into Icewind Dale. What made BG2 so good was the party interactions, which doesn't really happen in ID (iirc). Picked up BG1 as well, after finding a mod that adds a bunch of party interactions to make it more like BG2. Hopefully it's decent.
    Mr Bloat wrote: »
    I'm torn between Tyranny and Torment: Tides of Numenera. I adored the likes of Baldurs Gate and Planescape: Torment back in the day. Can anyone who has played both recommend one over the other?
    I found Torment to be slightly better, but both were enjoyable. Didn't finish either of them though, so probably not the best person to listen to :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,340 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Billy86 wrote: »
    Don't... despite it's flaws that game is a tonne of fun. Just saying because... get used to all credits, all the time!! :D

I read online that there's credits after every poxy mission as some sort of "**** you" to Konami. Regardless of how much of a pack of dicks they are, and they are, taking out your frustrations in a way that involves inconveniencing your customer is also a dick move. I'm enjoying it a lot so far and it's hardly the worst thing in the world so I'll park this here.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,792 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

TheDoc wrote: »
    Only thinking that.

I just saw this thread on the frontpage and didnt even realise summer sale was on. In years gone by I'd be sweating for these every cycle, but the last few cycles I havnt been bothered.

Really odd for me not to realise a steam sale ongoing, must have a nosey now. While just a correlation, and no basis of actual evidence, I noticed the sales getting worse as the indie games sector started to grow on Steam. Most of the sales pages are taken up by games that personally I just wouldn't be buying. Appreciate Indie games are enjoyable for some people and there is a good following, but have pretty much no interest in that type of sector or game. So maybe if you're like me when steam sales used to be big titles or known games on good sale, thats kinda gone now with what looks like indie games making the majority of those sales.

Granted a lot of great titles still get discounted, just doesn't seem as spontaneous for me anymore buying things. Getting annoyed at having to scroll through the same looking indie games for ages to get to something interesting.

I used to look forward to it as it usually marked the cheapest price a game would be until the next sale. You even had the added bonus of flash sales.

Now the discounts are no better (and usually worse) than the price seen throughout the year on other sites. There is no incentive to bulk buy games and stockpile them to save a nice chunk of cash, when I can get them just as cheap in a few weeks when I have time to play it.

That coupled with the massive pile of indie survival early access garbage to scroll through makes it off putting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

I'm enjoying it a lot so far and it's hardly the worst thing in the world so I'll park this here.
    I was tempted by this game after reading a couple of reviews, but at the same time.. reading about the stealth put me off. Do you find yourself sitting around memorising patrol pathways?
    Even in hitman, I got tired of it. The prompts tell you exactly what to do when they are on, without them I am lost and too impatient.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Sorted from wish list by price drop, I got:
    RO2 with Rising Storm
    Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Game of the Year Edition
    Unity of Command: Stalingrad Campaign
    Crypt of the NecroDancer
    Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell Blacklist Standard Edition

• Registered Users Posts: 7,959 ✭✭✭Patser

Punch Club - interesting story, boxing without actually boxing...
    Breach and Clear - simple enough tactical game

€6.50 total spend, 8 hours time so far committed, happy out.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Nothing so far, interested in the trails games but waiting to see if they come down in price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

Here's a handy list that I didn't know existed. It's the Steam Top 100 best sellers for 2016;
    http://store.steampowered.com/sale/2016_top_sellers/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

Finally gave in and bought Final Fantasy X/X-2 for €12.50;
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/359870/FINAL_FANTASY_XX2_HD_Remaster/
    Wow, 34GB download, wasn't expecting that, but looking forward to playing it.

eyerer wrote: »
    I was tempted by this game after reading a couple of reviews, but at the same time.. reading about the stealth put me off. Do you find yourself sitting around memorising patrol pathways?
    Even in hitman, I got tired of it. The prompts tell you exactly what to do when they are on, without them I am lost and too impatient.

You don't have to play it stealth if you don't want to.

As for the stealth side of things, it's not quite Hitman but it's not dissimilar either. Maybe go for the Ground Zeroes mini introduction - it's cheap and you'll get a good feel for the game from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Total so far:

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - Season Pass
    SUPERHOT
    Oxenfree
    Remember Me
    Valley

I still have €10 remaining in my wallet, so I might pick up one or two more before the sale ends on Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,616 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I was so upset by Micro Machines World Series (:pac::pac::pac:) that I went and bought Toybox Turbos for €3.74. I don't even care if it isn't that good - it has to be better than MMWS at least

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

that's the sticker book finished

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Skerries wrote: »
    that's the sticker book finished
    And I'd say the sense of achievement is overwhelming :pac:

I don't get it but I can't stop collecting. Dammit Valve!

Yeah, just finished the sticker book yesterday as well. Really not sure what the point of it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,147 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

I don't get the point of the stickers or the badges, but I did make ~€1.50 selling cards, which is nice I suppose :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Yeah, just finished the sticker book yesterday as well. Really not sure what the point of it was.

It gets you coming back every day. that's the point of it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Tomorrow is the last round of sales?

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭ninja 12

I spent a grand total of €5.24 and bought the Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - Season Pass .

It didn't cost me any real money though .
    I got an email from Paypal with a €5 voucher (not the one about needing to spend €20 . Just a stand alone €5 voucher :) )

Added the €5 credit to my Steam wallet and used the summer sale cards to fund the rest :)

I completed the sticker book as well :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Shadow of Mordor €3.99 - bought it on a whim a few months back and would highly, highly recommend. Shadow of War looks like it's going to be nothing short of amazing in my opinion so it's a good, low cost preview of sorts.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/241930/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Last 23 hours of the Summer Sale '17.

Not a thing bought, few cards sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Final purchase: Quern - Undying Thoughts. I really enjoyed The Witness, The Talos Principle, MYST, etc., and this is supposedly along the same lines. Looking forward to it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

made about 3 Euro in cards.

Spent 10 Euro. Bought Prison architect bundle with other games like Defon. Bought banished. Got arma3. Thats about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Got Hollow Knight, Valdis Story, Streets of Rogue, Detention, Slayaway Camp, Thimbleweed Park and few others on G2A after comparing prices with Steam.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Last 23 hours of the Summer Sale '17.

Not a thing bought, few cards sold.

First year with a gaming capable PC for this... for something that such a big deal is made of, is the steam summer sale always this much of a let down? Very, very, very little grabbed my attention to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Justwinginit

Nabbed Sniper elite 3 this morning, likes a bit of sniping I do, also the horde mode is supposed to be cool €5.59

Advertisement