Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Summer Sale 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,416 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Hurry up 6pm. :D

Its more like 7pm or 8 after Steam crashes at 6.01pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Hmmm. Does anyone know when the next Humble Monthly is released? I don't want to buy stuff on the Steam sale only to receive it as part of the HM bundle for July.... I'd have to give the duplicates away and be all charitable n shit.

15 days 0 hours and 34 minutes.

To be exact.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

dreamers75 wrote: »
    15 days 0 hours and 34 minutes.

To be exact.

Screw it so, I've money burning a whole in my Steam wallet.

Speaking of which, don't forget to sell your trading cards for mad profits. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I think I will finally buy something this year. Hopefully something laptop friendly. Alocated 50 quid on my cc. Will see.

No more flash deals as I remember, so all deals will be appearing on day one.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

They've been getting progressively worse over the last five years or so. Don't think the things I'm interested in picking up, like PUBG will go on sale.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

It's still worth having a look at your wishlist.
    In the end it's better than getting games at full price.
    For indies, things like the Humble Bundle might be better and there's plenty of other legitimate sources for games these days, but you can usually find decent bargains on year old+ games from big developers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

I used to get so excited back in the day when there were genuinely fantastic offers to be had. The last few years have been lacklustre in my opinion and only getting worse. Ah well! Still a bit of excitement to be had though. I always end up buying something anyway.

At least there's supposed to be some kind of side game this year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

So, any price mistakes??

Tinie wrote: »
    So, any price mistakes??

Yeah, they haven't taken enough off!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Store crashed for me.

Tyranny for 50% off will get my cash. Shadows of Mordor for 3.99 is a great deal if you don't already have it.

• Administrators Posts: 53,524 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Nothing really grabbing my attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,536 ✭✭✭Inviere

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Tyranny for 50% off will get my cash. Shadows of Mordor for 3.99 is a great deal if you don't already have it.

Got it a few months back,played about 3 hours and it all felt so repetitive so i got bored easily, in fairness im probably missing out on a great game?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,184 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Lame enough by the looks of it. Abzu is the only thing tempting me.

A few older titles I was hoping for only have 50% off. Some are still more expensive than the key sites, even with the discount applied. :o

Shadow of Mordor for €19.99? Hmm....

• Administrators Posts: 53,524 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Even FM17 they are still trying to get nearly 20 quid for.

Inviere wrote: »

It's definitely 3.99, probably just stuck on the old page because of the heavy load. I'm going to leave it for a couple of hours.

• Advertisement

Inviere wrote: »

Not all discounts show up straight away due to the load on the system. Give it an hour or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,714 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

The witcher two good,?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

Final Fantasy games are only 50% off, disappointing. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

I just took a quick peek - assuming it hasn't recovered from the masses checking the sales yet, as it's giving me the full normal price for almost everything on the home screen :P

Balmed Out wrote: »
    The witcher two good,?

It's funny, it took me a few tries for it to click but when it did I loved it.

Make sure to download the official combat rebalance.

I think it buggers up the game a bit if you start the game, install the mod and then go back to the game so make sure to install it before you start.

That changed how I looked at the game. The combat went from a chore to being worthwhile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Nothing much i'd be bothered with so far. Will try again later.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

I feel sorry for poeple who only got into pc gaming the last couple of years. The sale hasn't been good since like 2013.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Gbear wrote: »
    It's funny, it took me a few tries for it to click but when it did I loved it.

Make sure to download the official combat rebalance.

I think it buggers up the game a bit if you start the game, install the mod and then go back to the game so make sure to install it before you start.

That changed how I looked at the game. The combat went from a chore to being worthwhile.
    That's good to know - I might give it another try then. Thanks

• Advertisement

bluewolf wrote: »
    That's good to know - I might give it another try then. Thanks

It's all about the story.
    The overall arc isn't maybe that brilliant but the individual quests are top quality. Looks great, wonderful characters.

The combat used to get in the way.
    Now it's an accompaniment.

Advertisement