Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam Summer Sale 2017

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Civ 6 is €35.99, but if you already own XCOM2, you can get it for €26.99 in the Strategy Game of the Year bundle.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,212 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Picked up Shadowrun Returns, Kentucky Route Zero and Don't Starve. Been on the wishlist for ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Picked up The Forrest, Rust and the Portal bundle. Night time in The Forrest is not fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭dunworth1

i haven't bought anything yet

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Kiith wrote: »
    Civ 6 is €35.99, but if you already own XCOM2, you can get it for €26.99 in the Strategy Game of the Year bundle.

Thats actually nice cheeky find! For 26eu I am kind of tempted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

After saying i wasn't going to buy anything else i went ahead and bought Nex Machina. Might get Everspace too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Fallout 1, 2, 3 (GOTY), 4 (+ season pass), New Vegas (ultimate edition) on Steam for €60 - http://store.steampowered.com/bundle/3782/Fallout_Bundle/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

Here's a few deals I found interesting....
    METAL GEAR SOLID V: The Definitive Experience @ €20.09 is cheaper to buy than MGSV on it's own!
    Bundle of Bundles for card farming I guess.
    Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor GOTY - €3.99 - Don't forget to add free HD content DLC.
    Plants vs. Zombies GOTY Edition - €1.24 for some casual fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

Bloody steam sales, i think these days the deals arent so good yadadaa so on and so forth. Then i start browsing and the inevitable happens.

Picked up one or two items, Warhammer total war and sunless sea for cheap :).

Would recommend anyone interested in RPG to have a look at Dragons Dogma, i picked it up on the GOG sale cant believe i missed it before now.

I can't recommend this game highly enough
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/335670/LISA/

Its hilarious, and well worth full price, let alone 50% off.

• Advertisement

Calhoun wrote: »
    Would recommend anyone interested in RPG to have a look at Dragons Dogma, i picked it up on the GOG sale cant believe i missed it before now.

+1 on Dragon's Dogma, awesome game, playing it right now!
    Can be quite punishing so I'd recommend the Great Mod Compilation to ease you into it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Dragon's Dogma is vastly underrated, too. I think the problem is that it doesn't really take off until you complete the game once. The main campaign is essentially an introduction to gameplay and story. The real fun begins on new game + on the DLC areas. The game's mechanics come out in full force there and even the story has big revelations that tie back in to the main campaign.

Dragon's Dogma is vastly underrated, too. I think the problem is that it doesn't really take off until you complete the game once. The main campaign is essentially an introduction to gameplay and story. The real fun begins on new game + on the DLC areas. The game's mechanics come out in full force there and even the story has big revelations that tie back in to the main campaign.
    Does the story change after the first play through?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

Even if you don't have vr, I'd highly recommend neon retro arcade for €13. I found a thread on reddit, where you could download a folder that preloaded a load of classics like the marvel v capcom, tekken 3, the Simpsons, turtles, metal slug etc. Even has a load of snes and gameboy games loaded in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,353 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Moon54 wrote: »
    +1 on Dragon's Dogma, awesome game, playing it right now!
    Can be quite punishing so I'd recommend the Great Mod Compilation to ease you into it. :)

Started it last night, went bow and dagger. I'm liking the combat, though I've only scratched the surface. Are there any mods that improve the graphics on it - it's the only thing I'm finding tough to like.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,536 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Got Doom and Rise Of The Tomb Raider. Had €35 on my account leftover from the xmas sale so these used up most of wallet.

Nothing else has tickled my fancy. If I spot something interesting, I might add to my wallet again.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Is the surge worth it? is it very hard?

An oldie but Half Life 2 for 69c is kind of hard to argue with, even just as a 'classic' to have in the library and barely ever play. :D:o - http://store.steampowered.com/app/220/HalfLife_2/

And Dishonored for €2.49 - http://store.steampowered.com/app/205100/Dishonored/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Started it last night, went bow and dagger. I'm liking the combat, though I've only scratched the surface. Are there any mods that improve the graphics on it - it's the only thing I'm finding tough to like.
    any idea would 2core intel 3.8ghz and 560ti with 8gb ram would run ok on HD resolution with average max settings, since minimum says i5 for cpu while graphics seems not on the intense side, then again hard to guess on open world etc toll on cpu.

edit: meant to include dragon dogma game name, mentioned in quotes.

I've made a SweetFX 2.0 profile that's pretty nice, gives it a more colourful fantasy feel;

420834.jpg

Let me know if you want to try it out, it's only about 12 numbers to change.

I've also installed the HD Environment Texture Overhaul;
    http://www.nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/89/?
    The HD grass requires some extra steps but the other files are copy/paste to game folder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Calhoun wrote: »
    Does the story change after the first play through?
    Yeah it pretty much does. It's like watching a movie with a twist like Fight Club. The 2nd time is quite different but fun in its own way. The DLC area really adds to it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Bought Everspace, but wasn't feeling it for some reason. Looked great, and played well enough, but not really feeling the run and repeat gameplay.

Refunded it and bought Firewatch, Fahrenheit, Black Mesa, Superhot and Baldurs Gate 2. Oh, also Life is Strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Picked up Mount Your Friends, some serious laugh with a party of friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,353 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Jesus Christ. If I see another credit to Hideo Kojima during the intro/mission of Ground Zeroes and the intro/first mission of Phantom Pain I'm genuinely going to consider uninstalling and not playing it. There's been a few dozen so far, or so it feels. Get over yourself.

Jesus Christ. If I see another credit to Hideo Kojima during the intro/mission of Ground Zeroes and the intro/first mission of Phantom Pain I'm genuinely going to consider uninstalling and not playing it. There's been a few dozen so far, or so it feels. Get over yourself.

Don't... despite it's flaws that game is a tonne of fun. Just saying because... get used to all credits, all the time!! :D

But seriously, it's a hell of a lot of fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

I had picked out a few games to buy to give away in the Steamgifts thread and discovered you can no longer buy games to keep in your inventory, they have to be gifted right away.

Well that's crap.

EDIT: So I've decided to set the giveaways short-ish to give me time to add the winners as friends, buy them, and send them on.

For myself I picked up:
    A House of Many Doors
    The Last Door Season 1 and 2
    Cally's Caves 3
    Portal 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭m5ex9oqjawdg2i

CruelCoin wrote: »
    Don't get asetto / iracing / project cars or any of the other alternatives untill you get a steering wheel.
    Each of those simulate 1080 degree rotation in their steering mechanics, and you'll end up giving the car hard-left, hard-right instructions with a keyboard. Spin-outs ahoy!
    A controller isn't much better as that only gives 60/90 degrees either side. Still not sensitive enough.

I play Asetto Corsa, Dirt 3 and some other driving games with a controller and it's fine. Steering wheel is far far superior, but ruling out these games due to lack of steering wheel is not a good idea, especially considering the price of some decent wheels.

Civ 6 is still very expensive for what it is. Opted for Civ 5 instead (7 euro for complete edition on cdkeys), 10+ hours in and I am glad I didn't fork out anymore for it. It's just not fulfilling. "End turn, move unites, build something, end turn, repeat until you win". If you want to beat out the game another way than conquest, it may be more interesting. Maybe I am doing something wrong, but it's a walk in the park, not challenging at all and everybody hates me no matter what I do.

I tested for 5 hours to build buildings and research techs that my council did not advise. Nothing changed, it's just the same, albeit slightly slower progress.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,212 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Picked up dragon's dogma last night, looking forward to it.

Bought Everspace, but wasn't feeling it for some reason. Looked great, and played well enough, but not really feeling the run and repeat gameplay.

Refunded it and bought Firewatch, Fahrenheit, Black Mesa, Superhot and Baldurs Gate 2. Oh, also Life is Strange.
    Nice one i was thinking of buying that kinda glad i didnt now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

You should pick up Icewind Dale as well if you do not have it, same price as BG2.

Advertisement