Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GGG V Canelo - Sept 16th( See First post for Info on How to Watch)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,008 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

GGG KO
    Can see why Alvarez was celebrating so much after the fight now.

He knew.

Canelo KO
    daylight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

Draw
    They rob GGG so there's a grudge and a reason for a third and final fight. It's not boxing, it's WWE storytelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Canelo Points
    Lol why do I bother with boxing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

Absolutely robbed. Never betting on boxing ever again. If it goes to a decision it's always gonna be the guy with the larger fan base that wins. Sickening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

GGG KO
    People going on about robberies and jokes and corruption with no basis ffs.

Almost every round in that fight was razor thin, and those that weren't, weren't too far away from being so. It takes one person to see things differently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭JaMarcus

GGG KO
    Obviously it's preferable to have a 28 year old, marketable champion who beat one of the GOATs going forward than it is a 36 year champion who no one could beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,335 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Kellerman is talking some ****e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Jamiekelly wrote: »
    Absolutely robbed. Never betting on boxing ever again. If it goes to a decision it's always gonna be the guy with the larger fan base that wins. Sickening.

I'm sure the Oscar connection doesn't hurt either.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

So HBO also scored it for Canelo, and Kellerman isn’t exactly throwing any fastballs at Canelo in the interview. Need to watch it again tomorrow and see if I can justify the decision.

• Advertisement

GGG KO
    "What is in your chin?"

Don't delve too deeply there Max or the authorities might get a little nervous.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

Canelo Points
    Farce.
    Had GGG by at least 3.
    3rd fight setup nicely..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

Fails 2 drug tests, has judges on his side, ggg real champ.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭jonon9

It may be the drink talking or lack of sleep but after watching that great fight I want to see old man Mayweather do a second fight against Canelo either that or I happily take a third GGGvCanelo fight.

GGG KO
    No surprise with Haye calling it for Alvarez, he was talking GGG down before the fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,855 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Canelo Points
    It was a close fight but we all know if Canelo had fought GGG's fight tonight he'd still have got the nod. That's the problem. GGG needed the knockout tonight.

Boxing politics aside I grew respect for Canelo tonight. Can't deny he fought a great fight. GGG for me though should be 2-0 up.

GGG KO
    Anybody who doesn't want to see it happen again ASAP is absolutely out of their mind.

Unreal fight.

GGG KO
    martyos121 wrote: »
    So HBO also scored it for Canelo, and Kellerman isn’t exactly throwing any fastballs at Canelo in the interview. Need to watch it again tomorrow and see if I can justify the decision.

I think HBO scored it for Golovkin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭ThunderCat

Canelo Points
    With Alvarez getting the win any third fight will be back in Vegas which means GGG will not get the nod nomatter what. Big payday of course but I wouldn't blame him not taking a third fight as it will be the same again and they both know it.

Canelo Points
    Anybody who doesn't want to see it happen again ASAP is absolutely out of their mind.

Unreal fight.
    If it happens again GGG has to demand it in NYC.

• Advertisement

Canelo Points
    martyos121 wrote: »

I think HBO scored it for Golovkin.
    They did but Ledermans card was horrendous. All over the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭dougm1970

JaMarcus wrote: »
    Obviously it's preferable to have a 28 year old, marketable champion who beat one of the GOATs going forward than it is a 36 year champion who no one could beat.

obviously preferable for who ?.....goldenboy yeah...but preferable for who else ?

GGG KO
    Lads, seriously quit the ****e talking about robberies and fixes and corruption and homer decisions. Try and be objective for once.

For any of the above to have been the case, it would have to be crystal clear that GGG won the fight. I both wanted him to win and have it to him by four. I don't think he was close to winning a crystal clear decision. Certainly less so than the first fight.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Auroras_encore

Compubox has it for canelo on power punches and ggg ahead on thrown while not the be all and end all its interesting and besides in a tight fight like that the home fighter gets it 9/10 so ggg didn't just do enough its as simple as that and damn I want to see it again brilliant stuff by both

Unreal fight.

Not pushed tbh. GGG can’t win a decision in this one which removes a fair bit of the tension.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭miocicmma

Great fight tonight. A majority decision win for Alvarez. Personally I scored the fight for Golovkin by 1 round, But it was very close. I can see how others would have scored a narrow victory for Alvarez. Possibly what swayed the decision was that Alvarez was dictating the pace, forcing the action, particularly in the early rounds. Golovkin looked a tentative and neglected the body shot which is key to his fighting style. Overall a very entertaining fight from two great fighters.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,353 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

BBC's crowd are not happy in the result.

GGG has got the nod in 1 scorecard out of 6 over both fights. Watch both fights again and that is absolutely bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

I scored it 118-110 ggg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭gilmour

Canelo Points
    115-113 Canelo

After 8 rounds i had Canelo 6-2 up. He planted his feet in the centre of the ring and forced GGG back all night, every singular shot apart from the jab that GGG landed Canelo answered them all with a flurry of punches. His body work was pivotal, in fact i'm sure he hurt GGG early with a left to the body and stopped GGG from trying to control the centre of the ring for the rest of the fight.

The commentary from Rawling and Barry Jones was exceptionally biased in nearly every single round to GGG. I understand that calling from ringside and watching on tv can have a drastic difference but that tonight took the piss.
    A brilliant fight, everything left in the ring. And the ****ing chins on those two jesus christ.

Just hope GGG doesnt do a Hagler and walk away for good. This deserves the trilogy.

People calling robbery....baffling.

Advertisement