Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloggers and #ad #spon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cria

Ray37 wrote: »
    Surely if they have provided a product, and asked for it back coz it wasnt promoted enough, that's not a gift, but an ad? God I am so SICK of how some of these businesses carry on!

It's disgraceful carry on

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭guideanna

Ray37 wrote: »
    Surely if they have provided a product, and asked for it back coz it wasnt promoted enough, that's not a gift, but an ad? God I am so SICK of how some of these businesses carry on!

Agreed, and it's the bloggers who get the most flack for it but the brands must see selling power from them or it wouldn't be happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Wexy86

Disappointed to see Rosie didn't #sp when she was at the Qatar Airways Gala last night. I seen Roz and Holly did #sp/#ad on their insta posts so I assume Rosie should have too, very unlikely she wasn't sponsored if the other ladies were. She had been doing so good being more upfront the past few months

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Wexy86 wrote: »
    Disappointed to see Rosie didn't #sp when she was at the Qatar Airways Gala last night. I seen Roz and Holly did #sp/#ad on their insta posts so I assume Rosie should have too, very unlikely she wasn't sponsored if the other ladies were. She had been doing so good being more upfront the past few months

Why do they always Snap so many vids of the crowd/band/people they're with?
    Does anyone actually watch them all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

I've seen some bloggers get given free cars and they only put a handful of posts and then you never hear of that car again.
    Do they get to keep the car or it just the use of a car for a few weeks?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭qxtasybe1nwfh2

I think roz and holly were sponsored for their dresses and not for the event.

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Cria wrote: »
    I'm not sure who she is she posted in her own name doesn't look like one of the big bloggers I'll try find the post wonder if I remove the name can I post it here it's a closed group though so not sure of the rules

I read that as well, but had never heard of the girl. Definitely not one of the more known bloggers.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭Wexy86

Possibly but Roz had #sp on her insta story with QA, not the jumpsuit(which was fab!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

I was going so say maybe Roz got paid and Rosie didn't but it doesn't seem likely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭qxtasybe1nwfh2

Possibly but Roz had #sp on her insta story with QA, not the jumpsuit(which was fab!!)

Sorry I hadn't watched her stories. She seems to have it for a lot of the stuff related to the event. Holly had none except for the one outfit post. I wonder did roz get paid because she is a model and might reach a wider audience and Rosie didn't. There was a lot of people there, hardly paid them all. Although this could have something to do with a video mentioned previously That some brands think they don't have to ad if they use a brand specific # instead.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I've seen some bloggers get given free cars and they only put a handful of posts and then you never hear of that car again.
    Do they get to keep the car or it just the use of a car for a few weeks?

I think, from what I have seen, that they just borrow the car for a while. It does go back. Imagine if they were getting free cars! You'd want some amount of posts in return for that :D

She was doing so well makes you wonder what else she isn't disclosing

I read that as well, but had never heard of the girl. Definitely not one of the more known bloggers.

No she was definitely not as well known
    I'm on the fence though if they give it to you as a "gift" but want a certain amount of exposure are they entitled to hound someone to take the product back if they don't feel they have promoted them enough

• Registered Users Posts: 5,311 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Just wondering what are the criteria for a #spon post?
    I've seen posts where bloggers are given tickets for events and let pick an outfit to wear - is this not sponsored?

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Just wondering what are the criteria for a #spon post?
    I've seen posts where bloggers are given tickets for events and let pick an outfit to wear - is this not sponsored?

Spon is the same as ad. If money changes hand they need to use either. Alternative, if they are given a product in exchange for a positive review they need to do the same.

But if they get products in exchange for mentions on social media (I don't know was it x no's of mentions) or tickets to an event and it (the company) mentioned on social media - this is all not #spon.

But if they get products in exchange for mentions on social media (I don't know was it x no's of mentions) or tickets to an event and it (the company) mentioned on social media - this is all not #spon.

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭mel123

SB_Part2 wrote: »
    Spon is the same as ad. If money changes hand they need to use either. Alternative, if they are given a product in exchange for a positive review they need to do the same.
    I'm so sceptical of everything now and it's bugging the life out of me. The Beautiful Truth got her eyebrows done a few days ago and specifically went on to say that it wasn't and ad she was gifted the treatment. That's an ad!!!! She actually genuinely sounded like she believed it tho, she wasn't doing an ad!!

mel123 wrote: »
    I'm so sceptical of everything now and it's bugging the life out of me. The Beautiful Truth got her eyebrows done a few days ago and specifically went on to say that it wasn't and ad she was gifted the treatment. That's an ad!!!! She actually genuinely sounded like she believed it tho, she wasn't doing an ad!!

So to you and I it's an ad.

But according to the guidelines set out by the spineless ASAI, it's only an ad if money changes hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭team_actimel

Roz hasn't been putting #ad or #spon on any of her recent 'Reebok kitted out' posts. Is that allowed?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

mel123 wrote: »

The beautiful truth is very honest imo and one of the better bloggers, she said it was gifted and therefore not an ad which it isn't going by the guidelines.....she didn't have to say anything at all - as far as I know there's no rules in place that bloggers have to say when something is a gift?

I've noticed Sinead is very quick to say when someone gives her something for free but it doesn't affect her honesty in saying if she finds it good or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

SB_Part2 wrote: »
    So to you and I it's an ad.

But according to the guidelines set out by the spineless ASAI, it's only an ad if money changes hands.

Is you receive products in exchange for a favourable review then those products are deemed essentially as payment and it is classified as an add.
    Getting a freebie isn't necessarily an Ad if there is no requirement to promote it.

Of course how do you prove there is an agreement to promote if there is no papertrail!

I see that a blogger is away with a brand to London to work with them - and not one #ad in any of her snaps.
    Part of me wanted to enquire with her should she #ad but then I thought - why is it up to me as a follower to almost monitor her social media for disclosures, I as a follower shouldn't have to keep tabs on whether a blogger should be # or not, I shouldn't be doing her job for her. My customers (clients) don't monitor every piece of work I do, they accept than I can/should be able to do my job correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭heyjude88

I see that a blogger is away with a brand to London to work with them - and not one #ad in any of her snaps.
    Part of me wanted to enquire with her should she #ad but then I thought - why is it up to me as a follower to almost monitor her social media for disclosures, I as a follower shouldn't have to keep tabs on whether a blogger should be # or not, I shouldn't be doing her job for her. My customers (clients) don't monitor every piece of work I do, they accept than I can/should be able to do my job correctly.

She is one of the worst ones in my opinion.

heyjude88 wrote: »
    She is one of the worst ones in my opinion.

Which one is it

I was referring to Chloe Boucher, I don't know if heyjude88 is referring to the same. I like her style and personality, but I find she wouldn't be great for disclosing #ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

Zero sign of #ad or #spon on posts about the 1700gbp a night suite paid for by a brand or the products gifted. I just can't understand how it isn't considered an ad when they've received something (flights, accommodation, meal and products) in return for gushing about the brand? I know it's probably not cash for posts but with grand gestures like this surely an expectation of favourable posts is implied.... infuriating!

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

Scraggs wrote: »
    Zero sign of #ad or #spon on posts about the 1700gbp a night suite paid for by a brand or the products gifted. I just can't understand how it isn't considered an ad when they've received something (flights, accommodation, meal and products) in return for gushing about the brand? I know it's probably not cash for posts but with grand gestures like this surely an expectation of favourable posts is implied.... infuriating!

I know it's infuriating but it's been repeated countless times in this forum that it only has to be declared an ad if money changes hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Ray37

Is anyone else having issues seeing new posts on this thread? I am getting the emails, but the posts don't show when I check the thread....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Toastytoes

I know it's infuriating but it's been repeated countless times in this forum that it only has to be declared an ad if money changes hands.

This isn't strictly true. If it is contingent on a positive review then it is an ad and should be hashtagged as such.

Advertisement