Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bloggers and #ad #spon

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cria

anna080 wrote: »
    Grace is having another breakdown on Snapchat this morning over people attacking her and basically blaming online commentary for her mental health problems. Sorry but she's been very topical this last week due to her breaking the rules and being investigated for that. She seems to be taking the discussion around that as people bullying her (as usual) and being nasty for the sake of it.
    Maybe play by the rules Grace, once in a while. Then people wouldn't need to point out when you mess up, lie and misrepresent so much.
    She never takes ANY responsibility for the situations she is is- it's always someone else's fault.

So true all she is being questioned about is her lack of transparency simple answer be transparent. I added her again today to see what she said and it's always the same using mental health issues that bothers me as I feel this is used when it suits ..
    IMO if she feels like that she should maybe not snap or even not snap as much
    She was straight back on promoting Bella baby and meaghers with no #

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭Ray37

Honestly, I know I posted about this earlier, but I am so disgusted about using mental health to get out of this. It's such a serious thing, and her platform is so huge, she's just making excuses for her own eff up. And it's not the first time. I'm really disgusted over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Lindy97

I'd say its worked to an extent though, shes probably getting lots of sympathy especially from people who didn't see the articles.
    I noticed the Meaghers thing, with the bag carefully placed in the background so you could see the name and website.
    She didn't rush to show the receipts for it like with Penneys i notice.

I didn't bother looking at Bella Babys snapchat but I'm assuming no receipt was shown there either to prove she paid.

So by her logic, you show the receipt as proof that "it's not an ad" but when you get stuff for free in exchange for social media promotion, that's also "not an ad"? How does that work then?

Lindy97 wrote: »
    I'd say its worked to an extent though, shes probably getting lots of sympathy especially from people who didn't see the articles.
    I noticed the Meaghers thing, with the bag carefully placed in the background so you could see the name and website.
    She didn't rush to show the receipts for it like with Penneys i notice.

I didn't bother looking at Bella Babys snapchat but I'm assuming no receipt was shown there either to prove she paid.

So by her logic, you show the receipt as proof that "it's not an ad" but when you get stuff for free in exchange for social media promotion, that's also "not an ad"? How does that work then?

Whoever her management is they need to either make sure she's clear on everything or let her go they are going to get a bad name working with her as are the companies associated with her

Over the last year the amount of controversy surrounding her is unreal the amount of lies and non transparency that she has been caught out on like currys, the breastfeeding page, the baby formula , the constant plugging of brands without any # and now the article about the asai and she's still plugging brands without transparency
    Everytime she's found out she goes on to Snapchat crying about mental
    Health the whole disrespect to people who have mental health issues who don't use it everytime they mess up and are caught out , the sooner she realised that people are discussing her behaviours as a blogger and changes her ways the sooner sooner it stops
    Rosie connelly was Spoken
    A lot about regarding the same thing she was desperate for not being transparent and now no one mentions her as she is more transparent now .. grace needs to take note speak to her management team take a break from social media imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

Cria wrote: »
    Whoever her management is they need to either make sure she's clear on everything or let her go they are going to get a bad name working with her as are the companies associated with her

I don't agree. People are outraged by her non-disclosure (which they are fully entiteld to be) but this 'bad name' hasn't stopped her getting more work so I don't think it's going to change anytime soon.

• Advertisement

Yes SB is right, it hasn't had a negative affect on her so far, I doubt they care so long as she's bringing money in. She seems to be getting bigger too, has a PA and talks about a team.

She did claim that the tea company involved in the ASAI thing had advised her not to use #ad as she was a brand ambassador, but that just sounds like excuses to be honest. This is her job and ultimately her responsibility as it's her name being put to a brand. But that seems to be her schtick, she's a blogger/business woman when it suits but when it hits the fan she's "just a normal girl sharing her life".

I didn't like the fact she was pushing something she hadn't been able to use for nearly a year and still couldn't due to breastfeeding, and that she seemed to be pushing it towards new mams looking to lose weight, so aiming at a vulnerable market, then she made the ridiculous claim of losing 5lbs in a week which was false and also unhealthy. I'd say it was a combination of these things that caused people to report her and for the ASAI to rule that she had broken the regulations.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Yes, Rosie used to be quite bad for it, but now she's way more transparent and I respect her more for it. She's being professional and is getting more successful as a result.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭qxtasybe1nwfh2

Lindy97 wrote: »

She did claim that the tea company involved in the ASAI thing had advised her not to use #ad as she was a brand ambassador, but that just sounds like excuses to be honest.

To be fair, I remember makeup fair saying the same thing when she signed up with the same tea company. But I personally think that's just a snakey way of companies trying to get around ad/spon. Sosueme has ambassadors for her products too that don't use #Ad also. I don't know where the official lines lie with the ambassador rule .

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭guideanna

I see a snap gone up there telling ppl about the discount she got on her camera lens. Fair play.
    She should have mentioned that back a few weeks ago when she posted about 10 snaps going on and on about the shop but maybe she's making a change and if she is then good for her.

She's a blogger/influencer, she has followers, people will listen to her recommendations And if a company gifts her something because of that then why hide it. Is she afraid of the tax man or something?

At least if ppl know she's got something discounted or free or whatever, they can take her advise/review with the knowledge that she didn't actually PAY for the item and therefore MAY be biased towards that company.
    If brands are dictating to her that she has to give positive reviews etc then she really has sold her soul because she tells ppl it's all her opinions etc all the time.

Just be honest...either way...ppl are not thick!

Exactly, I dont care or mind what they get free or what discounts they get. Companies are going to do it, it's great advertising for them and a great way to reach a large audience, but they should just say it, as it can affect how they are with regard to reviews etc. Its just about giving the consumer all the info, not about being "jealous" or "begrudging"

• Advertisement

SB_Part2 wrote: »
    I don't agree. People are outraged by her non-disclosure (which they are fully entiteld to be) but this 'bad name' hasn't stopped her getting more work so I don't think it's going to change anytime soon.

That was when it was just threads ect discussing how she conducts herself now it's reaching a wider audience by being in newspapers and her being the first influencer to be followed up by the asai that's a whole other ball game there are more eyes on her now and because of her behaviour there are more eyes on other bloggers ect
    People like her ruin it for the honest bloggers out there she's not the only one doing it but she is one of the worst and certainly one who hasn't made much changes

"I asked Bella baby could I take over their snapchat to show you guys all the useful things they have and they kindly said yes"

Is she having a laugh?! Sorry Grace but did you mean, Bella baby gave me free products and in exchange I am taking over their snapchat.

Its stuff like that, that makes me doubt just how naive/innocent she can claim to be. That was worded very carefully to make out that she isn't working with them, it's something she asked just because she happened to be getting things. When in reality, she probably contacted them, asked for recommendations on whatever she needed and they agreed to gift them in exchange for positive social media promotion. No matter how nice you think she is, you have to acknowledge that is an ad.

How can she realistically review products she hasn't used? Like take them, use them on holiday and then come back and do a proper review. Any of us can say, you see a product in a shop and it seems great but when you're using it day to day it might be very different. I doubt we'll see anything other than a fleeting mention of whatever she got, when she's back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭ANXIOUS

I asked them for a discount and told them I'd give them a good review if they did.

Rosie has become better (well, I THINK she has, coz she blocked me on snap for asking about her specs, I bought 2 pairs of the same off Ebay). I wonder can we have a thread re bloggers products, would people be open for discussion on this? The last I saw of her (pre block) she was becoming waaaay more transparent, I even snapped her to say how great it was to see this. Then I was blocked for daring to ask about the sunnies :(

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Is it bad that I consider it a bit scarlet that Grace asked the man in the camera shop for a discount on the lens in return for a good recommendation? When you don't even put your hand in your pocket that much in the first place, it's just cheeky!
    Also, how can she give a good recommendation when she hasn't even used it yet?

@Anna I think it's grand to ask for a discount, but to promise a good review in return is stupid. In this case though, I felt more like she was giving a good review to the sales guy and the store, rather than the lens... If that makes sense?

Ray37 wrote: »
    @Anna I think it's grand to ask for a discount, but to promise a good review in return is stupid. In this case though, I felt more like she was giving a good review to the sales guy and the store, rather than the lens... If that makes sense?

Ah ya I'm probably just being a bit cynical, I suppose. It's just when you're handed so much techy stuff for free, buying the odd bit here and there shouldn't be so much of a burden for you- especially when it's equipment for your job! I love a discount myself but in her line of work there should come a time when you just pay full price for your products and stop always looking to scrounge!
    At least she was honest about asking though, that's an improvement.

Ah yeah, see it gets annoying at the same time, like I can understand that, they get soooo many freebies, it's just a bit freeloader-ish too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Being approached by bloggers asking for freebies is pure cringe. "Collaboration" "organic following" "in exchange for exposure on my social media"

My personal favourite on freebie reviews is the item/service/meal was free in exchange for pictures, it was yeah.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭SB_Part2

My personal favourite on freebie reviews is the item/service/meal was free in exchange for pictures, it was yeah.

This happens ALL the time. Do you know how much it costs to hire a photographer for a few hours? Why not get a blogger to do it in exchange for food?

Anyone know anything about all this note recommendations lately? Are they ads? Nobody seems to be #ad those products but find it hard to believe all those raving reviews are genuine

Anyone know anything about all this note recommendations lately? Are they ads? Nobody seems to be #ad those products but find it hard to believe all those raving reviews are genuine

Just Jordan is sponsored by them and also does master classes for them.

Beautiful truth is not, she snapped saying she hates talking about products that are all over social media and has loads of hype but she genuinely loved one of their foundations and she had been using it fo a while. I believe her, I even tried to buy the foundation but it was out of stock 🙈

They were the only two I seen.

Saw a few others with the products and was just wondering. id tend to believe the beautiful truth too.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Toastytoes

Good to see Pippa address the #ad issue on Snapchat and in a non hysterical way. No "poor me" or "haters" nonsense.

Toastytoes wrote: »
    Good to see Pippa address the #ad issue on Snapchat and in a non hysterical way. No "poor me" or "haters" nonsense.

Yes it was very refereshing and I believed everything she said. The difference it can make when you act professionally and don't take criticism against your work practices as a personal slight.

bigpink wrote: »
    Whats she say?
    Shes so fake does she actually blog

:confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

anna080 wrote: »
    :confused:

Its all plugs.Shes an advert

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭heyjude88

To be honest, I took her snaps with a pinch of salt. I agree she is one big walking advertisement. I think she spoke about it in order to get her spoke in before people turned on her. Like that Selected shop, Bourjois make up and Rimmel make up. In the past she has been paid to advertise them and had used the #ad, and she often still talks about their products without the #ad. So it can be confusing. Its like, if she got a once off payment from the company to promote their lipstick, why would she then constantly plug their foundation. Surely its to keep in with the company so she can get more paid gigs?

Also she is a walking advert for River Island and Zara, she must be getting something for wearing them?

• Advertisement

Am sick to the back teeth of hearing about Meaghers pharmacy. Absolutely cringe the amount of bloggers they pay to promote their pharmacy.

Advertisement