Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season long bets/accumulators (2017/18)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Used soccerways disciplinary stats for players. See who got sent offs and then tried to count clubs.
    By head.
    So i might be off here or there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,842 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Pp paid out city this morning. Hope you didn't cash out

Ah feck, I bet on City with McPoyles Boyles. At least I got 3/1 on them. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭Urindanger

inforfun wrote: »
    15 and counting i think?

http://www.espnfc.com/english-premier-league/23/statistics/fairplay

12 according to the above yeah. A fine bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

rekluse wrote: »
    In the end went for Stoke Bottom half finish/ Boro top 6/ Blackburn top 6 / Luton top 7/ Napoli top 4/ Celtic and Bayern O/R @ 7/1. Also permed Villa /Boro , Blackburn /Wigan and Luton /Mansfield outright for their leagues. GL all.

Coming to the halfway stage of the season, getting a decent sweat out of this bet. Anyone else got anything promising going?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭spurshero

Coming to the halfway stage of the season, getting a decent sweat out of this bet. Anyone else got anything promising going?

Done 10 accum 4 league winners . Man City boro Bradford Luton . Pays 20 thousand. Boro killing me . Can't complain thought for a 10 bet last season got 6600 odd ! Good luck with your bet

• Advertisement

I did a couple of pre-season accas:
    1. Sheff Utd finish T6, Fulham finish T6, Bradford finish T6, Luton finish T7, H'field relegated, Stoke finish B10, Napoli w/o Juve & Aberdeen w/o Celtic
    2. Las Palmas to be relegated, Villarreal to finish T4, Real Madrid to win La Liga, Schalke to finish T4, Feyenoord to win Eredivisie, Huddersfield to be relegated, Napoli to win w/o Juve, Aberdeen to win w/o Celtic
    If they all land I should win about €4k (from €21), but I think Real, Huddersfield & Feyenoord are going to screw me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,201 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Have Middlesbrough, Blackburn & Swindon all to be promoted. Huddersfield relegated. Juventus to win Serie A & Rangers to in the Scottish Prem without Celtic.

136/1 shot

Not dead & buried but Huddersfield look like they might screw me

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Read the Racing Post pull out and gone with the below:

Man City @15/8 - All but won you'd guess
    Boro Top 6 @ 4/6 - 10th
    Blackburn Top 6 @ 4/6 - 3rd
    Luton Top 7 @ 1/2 - 1st
    Tranmere to be Promoted @ 1/2 - 9th
    Linfield @ 10/11 - 5th
    Real Madrid @ 10/11- 4th
    Amiens to be Relegated @ 6/4 - 13th

215/1 as of last night with Bet365

Looks as if Linfield and Real Madrid going to screw me over... Tranmere not that far off 2nd with a game in hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,008 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Looks as if Linfield and Real Madrid going to screw me over... Tranmere not that far off 2nd with a game in hand.

Can you edit the bet?

Can you edit the bet?

I can, it cuts my stake of €15 on at 215/1 to a stake of 33c (I didn't bother doing the odds) :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I've a hundred on boro,Blackburn,Luton to get promoted,West ham top 10, juve to win LGE,and Monaco without psg,wins around 10 grand,boro and West ham gonna let me down though

Have backed Stoke and Newcastle at 14/1 and 7/1 to finish bottom. IMO both strong contenders if they don't change managers and Swansea get their act together under their new guy.

Anyone doing anything in the FA Cup outright? Arsenal are the longest of the big 6 but they couldn't make it 4 out of 5 could they? Leaning towards Man United atm, and possibly Bournemouth as a longshot.

Anyone doing anything in the FA Cup outright? Arsenal are the longest of the big 6 but they couldn't make it 4 out of 5 could they? Leaning towards Man United atm, and possibly Bournemouth as a longshot.

Would imagine Bournemouth would be far more worried bout staying up then a run in cup

One of the bigger teams that will miss out on top 4 = CL football might go for it.
    Much better than finishing 5th and having to play qualifiers as the FA cup winner goes straight to the group phase.

Randomly backing Spurs, Leicester and West Ham. All should get through the 3rd round anyway (famous last words).

Randomly backing Spurs, Leicester and West Ham. All should get through the 3rd round anyway (famous last words).

Just about...

What think ye of PP's 14/1 on no more premiership managers to leave this season? If Southampton pick up a bit (and they should), I don't see any other strong candidates for the managerial chop...

Just about...

What think ye of PP's 14/1 on no more premiership managers to leave this season? If Southampton pick up a bit (and they should), I don't see any other strong candidates for the managerial chop...

I actually thought that looked a bit on big side when I seen few days ago . When is season classed as over the day of last premiership games is it ???

spurshero wrote: »
    I actually thought that looked a bit on big side when I seen few days ago . When is season classed as over the day of last premiership games is it ???

Skybet rule is
    If no manager leaves before kick off on the 13th May 2018 then "No Manager To Leave" will be settled as a winner

I suspect the odds will tighten when the January window closes but I'd say it's effectively over already as an opportunity for a new manager to bring in players...

Skybet rule is

I suspect the odds will tighten when the January window closes but I'd say it's effectively over already as an opportunity for a new manager to bring in players...

Worth a interest bet at 14s . Your right bout saints manager and Rafa is probaly the other dodge . He dosent seem over happy

• Advertisement

spurshero wrote: »
    Worth a interest bet at 14s . Your right bout saints manager and Rafa is probaly the other dodge . He dosent seem over happy

Well thank God I didn't. Crazy situation, the manager of Watford gets the sack for only being 10th in the league...

7f6c26bb1bddb109b0ef9bb76799afbe.png

Start a season that way and you are gone too.

Read the Racing Post pull out and gone with the below:

Man City @15/8 WON
    Boro Top 6 @ 4/6 8th
    Blackburn Top 6 @ 4/6 2nd
    Luton Top 7 @ 1/2 1st
    Tranmere to be Promoted @ 1/2 5th
    Linfield @ 10/11 5th
    Real Madrid @ 10/11 4th
    Amiens to be Relegated @6/4 13th

215/1 as of last night with Bet365

Bets over with thanks to Linfield and Madrid... Got a good run :(

Just about...

Back looking at this again, 12/1 with Hills. Same consideration applies, IMO, as I think Chelsea have turned the corner...

• Registered Users Posts: 23,814 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

get a couple of freebets most weeks and when I think of it I put on psg outright at around 5s 11/2

they won't be that after tomorrow night :pac:

In the end went for Stoke Bottom half finish/ Boro top 6/ Blackburn top 6 / Luton top 7/ Napoli top 4/ Celtic and Bayern O/R @ 7/1. Also permed Villa /Boro , Blackburn /Wigan and Luton /Mansfield outright for their leagues. GL all.

Getting decent sweat out of this now. Boro up into 6th and seem to be hitting a bit of form. The rest seem pretty much locked in. Outright Acca has a squeak now also after Villa smashing wolves last night. Anyone else got anything still going ?

Burial. wrote: »
    De Bruyne for PFA POTY @12/1. Looks leaner and hungrier in pre season. Pre season I know but still. Seems to be maturing and growing into the chief playmaker role as Silva is starting to enter his twilight. City playing more direct with more fire power which suits KDB's game.

If anyone sees a market for him to break the assist record for a single season let me know.

This looks a great shout now. Did you back him?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Getting decent sweat out of this now. Boro up into 6th and seem to be hitting a bit of form. The rest seem pretty much locked in. Outright Acca has a squeak now also after Villa smashing wolves last night. Anyone else got anything still going ?

Celtic losing now can't be good for you.

I did a couple of pre-season accas:
    1. Sheff Utd finish T6, Fulham finish T6, Bradford finish T6, Luton finish T7, H'field relegated, Stoke finish B10, Napoli w/o Juve & Aberdeen w/o Celtic
    2. Las Palmas to be relegated, Villarreal to finish T4, Real Madrid to win La Liga, Schalke to finish T4, Feyenoord to win Eredivisie, Huddersfield to be relegated, Napoli to win w/o Juve, Aberdeen to win w/o Celtic
    If they all land I should win about €4k (from €21), but I think Real, Huddersfield & Feyenoord are going to screw me.

Down and out by March. Lads, you just made The List. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Celtic losing now can't be good for you.

Yeah jaysus hadn’t looked at Scottish league in a while, didn’t realise it was that close. Looking better now though!

Advertisement