Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season long bets/accumulators (2017/18)

Options
  • 14-06-2017 9:35am
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Go on then...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Tottenham 9/1 for the league is serious value. Of course at this stage of the summer, you're taking a gamble on them keeping their squad intact as well but I can't see Leavy letting too many, if any, players leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,815 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

huge price on spurs no doubt about that

they are 1.88 for top four on bfair which looks like free money to me assuming nobody leaves which I doubt will be the case whereas if they don't win something this upcoming season things will change surely

I'm not willing to wait 9 months on a 1.88 winner though (bookies best at 1.75)
    It annoys me a little that nobody are doing top three on it, would love to be getting 7/4+ on spurs for that one

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭NATLOR

thelad95 wrote:
    Tottenham 9/1 for the league is serious value. Of course at this stage of the summer, you're taking a gamble on them keeping their squad intact as well but I can't see Leavy letting too many, if any, players leave.

Home games at Wembley would be a worry, reckon that's why they are 9/1

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Old_-_School

mailburner wrote: »

they are 1.88 for top four on bfair which looks like free money to me assuming nobody leaves which I doubt will be the case whereas if they don't win something this upcoming season things will change surely

It annoys me a little that nobody are doing top three on it, would love to be getting 7/4+ on spurs for that one

You can do e/w at 9/1, top 3 at 1/5th the odds

burnley to be relegated at 7/5 is something that would be near a cert esp if dyche leaves (no better than evens then I reckon) and if he does I'll be taking them to finish bottom also at 6/1

my first bet for the season will be the double of burnley relegation and spurs top four at 4.15 with pp

• Advertisement

NATLOR wrote: »
    Home games at Wembley would be a worry, reckon that's why they are 9/1

I think this factor is being overrated slightly. The European games they've played there were in unfamiliar surroundings but now they will have a chance to truly make Wembley their home. Of course there may be a few shaky results at the start of the season and Chelsea will not be the least bit intimidated going there for Spurs first 'home' game but they will settle and playing in front of 80000 Spurs fans will not be something a lot of teams look forward too.

Leicester to finish in the bottom half at evens is printing money, I don't see any reason why they would not be in a relegation dogfight again this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,008 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

thelad95 wrote: »

I'm hanging on for the Spurs/Kane TGS double...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Portugal Confed cup
    Argentina WC

Winners double @ 35

Sampaoli needs to be backed @10 with this Argentina squad where for quite a few it will be the last chance.

Portugal only have to win the confed cup with a German B team and a Chili team that doesnt have Sampaoli anymore as the only serious competition.

Might be better odds elsewhere, just thought of this bet when.... well ..doesnt matter when i thought this up and placed it with bet365

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Django99

Leicester to finish in the bottom half at evens is printing money, I don't see any reason why they would not be in a relegation dogfight again this season.

Were they in a relegation dogfight this season? Or last season?

Edit- as in they haven't been in a relegation dog fight for two seasons now. Not saying it's a bad bet bet but to say it's printing money is ludicrous. They still have some decent players and some cash to buy in more.

• Advertisement

Django99 wrote: »
    Were they in a relegation dogfight this season? Or last season?

Edit- as in they haven't been in a relegation dog fight for two seasons now. Not saying it's a bad bet bet but to say it's printing money is ludicrous. They still have some decent players and some cash to buy in more.

They were 18th in the table in February, had Ranieri stayed they were gone. Shakespeare did a great job of rejuvenating the team but it often can happen that that doesn't carry through too the beginning of the next season.

The way I would view it is that the top half of the table will be made up of the obvious big six plus probably Everton and Southampton. That leaves just two places and I wouldn't consider Leicester a banker for either.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Betfair are doing top 3, Spurs are even money. I took the 1.8 on top 4 tho. not worth the risk for me

Betfair are doing top 3, Spurs are even money. I took the 1.8 on top 4 tho. not worth the risk for me

you're right, evens is poor value compared to 1.8

Looking forward to the Super Cup in August, United are 4/1 at the moment which I think is serious value. I don't think they will sign Ronaldo but given their resources I think they will significantly strengthen and in a once off game that's essentially a glorified pre season friendly I see no reason why they couldn't turn over Madrid.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,843 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Does an each-way bet on Mexico @9/1 (1/3 odds for 2nd) in the Confederations Cup count? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 16,008 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Does an each-way bet on Mexico @9/1 (1/3 odds for 2nd) in the Confederations Cup count? :o

As last season or next one? Not sure...

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Django99

They were 18th in the table in February, had Ranieri stayed they were gone. Shakespeare did a great job of rejuvenating the team but it often can happen that that doesn't carry through too the beginning of the next season.

The way I would view it is that the top half of the table will be made up of the obvious big six plus probably Everton and Southampton. That leaves just two places and I wouldn't consider Leicester a banker for either.

That's a hell of a difference from saying Leicester to finish in the bottom half is printing money. They still have more resources and better individual places than most of the teams in the league. I think it's a fair price really, not much value in it either way. But to say it's printing money is a bit ludicrous.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

inforfun wrote: »
    Portugal Confed cup
    Argentina WC

Winners double @ 35

Sampaoli needs to be backed @10 with this Argentina squad where for quite a few it will be the last chance.

Portugal only have to win the confed cup with a German B team and a Chili team that doesnt have Sampaoli anymore as the only serious competition.

Might be better odds elsewhere, just thought of this bet when.... well ..doesnt matter when i thought this up and placed it with bet365

Will wait a couple of days and then ask bet365 to settle this one.
    Really dont feel like seeing this bet in my unsettled bets for a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

Two and a bit weeks till the Championship/L1/L2 start, better get studying. Anyone got any good preview sites or anything? Racing post preview out on 5th august.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭madmax72

rekluse wrote:
    Two and a bit weeks till the Championship/L1/L2 start, better get studying. Anyone got any good preview sites or anything? Racing post preview out on 5th august.

Is the racing post preview out on the 5th.That's bad form when the championship starts on 4th😠😠

• Advertisement

madmax72 wrote: »
    Is the racing post preview out on the 5th.That's bad form when the championship starts on 4th😠😠

Whoops my bad it's Wednesday the 2nd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

League 2 Promotion

Mansfield at 1/1 to win promotion
    Coventry 2/1 to win promotion

4 promotion spots up for grabs

Pretty dead in here. I'm waiting for the post preview but think I'm going for - Celtic and Bayern O/R , Napoli top 4, Stoke bottom half finish , Villa top 6, Blackburn top 6, Mansfield top 7 pays around 8/1 will have a decent bet on this. Looks relatively 'safe' but there is always one to dog ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

Spurs to finish outside top 4-evens
    Stoke relegated 6/1
    Jesus top scorer 9/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

unplayable wrote: »
    Spurs to finish outside top 4-evens

Was just about to post that I didn't really understand the Spurs love in here, they have finished Top 4 once ever, moving to a new stadium, serial bottlers, sold their right back and an injury to either Kane or Alli and they are screwed.

Man utd and Arsenal will be stronger that last season as well.

West Ham 11/8 to finish Top half is my bet of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Wamble

Winner/Top goalscorer double: Man City/H Kane 11/1 pp (I think the goals will be shared out amongst City/Utd/Chel/Liv/Ars attacking players more so than Spurs. Should be a close one, but City to lift the trophy.

Top 4 exact order: Man C/Spurs/Chel/Liv 200/1 skybet

Stoke, Swansea, Huddersfield all to be relegated 100/1 skybet

Championship Winner: Middlesborough 8/1 BWIN (In Gary we trust)

Sporting Life articles/tips start coming in from Monday 2nd Aug
    https://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/all-set-for-the-big-kick-off!/90913

what about morata? might need some time to adjust but he could also hit the ground running.

I like chelsea/kane at 18s along with chelsea/morata at 22s

man city have a great team on paper so it might take them some time to gel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

what about morata? might need some time to adjust but he could also hit the ground running.

I like chelsea/kane at 18s along with chelsea/morata at 22s

man city have a great time on paper so it might take them some time to gel

Is that even legal? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭jbt123

danganabu wrote: »

I have a feeling they could trip up....

• Advertisement

danganabu wrote: »

oh lord! :o :pac: