Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season long bets/accumulators (2017/18)

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,008 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Have gone big on top scorer instead of winner: Ronaldo outright and Griezman, Dries Mertens and Yedder e/w. Also backing Liverpool to be the furthest progressing English team @ 6/1, which I think is great value.

Small bets longshot too on Villareal, Sociedad and Bilbao for the Europa. Viva Espana!:D

Have cashed out Ronaldo about 40 quid short of the full monty cos my reserves are running low. Still holding out hope for Ben Yedder in that market (e/w obviously). Am covering the Liverpool bet and one on Spurs for the FA Cup with a double on Man City to go through and Man Utd to reach the cup final. Will probably cash out on Spurs if they get through.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

My chance of winning 10,000 are pretty much fecked as I need west ham to finish top 10,boro to get promoted is the only other iffy one the rest are pretty much winners

Have cashed out Ronaldo about 40 quid short of the full monty cos my reserves are running low. Still holding out hope for Ben Yedder in that market (e/w obviously). Am covering the Liverpool bet and one on Spurs for the FA Cup with a double on Man City to go through and Man Utd to reach the cup final. Will probably cash out on Spurs if they get through.

Re Ben Yedder, anyone know how many places Bet365 e/w top scorer bets cover? He could likely be passed out by three Liverpool players if he doesn't score tonight.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

rekluse wrote: »
    In the end went for Stoke Bottom half finish/ Boro top 6/ Blackburn top 6 / Luton top 7/ Napoli top 4/ Celtic and Bayern O/R @ 7/1. Also permed Villa /Boro , Blackburn /Wigan and Luton /Mansfield outright for their leagues. GL all.

This looks done had a serious sweat lat few weeks with boro !

Have backed Stoke and Newcastle at 14/1 and 7/1 to finish bottom. IMO both strong contenders if they don't change managers and Swansea get their act together under their new guy.

:cool:
    Have cashed out Stoke 30 quid short of the jackpot, just in case something mad happens on Sunday. Had also backed Huddersfield and Brighton in this market at the start of the season, and had long written it all off until Darren 'Superman' Moore came along.

Last season market I'm holding a (very thin) candle for is prem top scorer, on Lacazette and Firminho each way. Surely the former could have managed more than one in a five-goal Arsenal win.:mad:

• Advertisement

Woop woop :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭spurshero

rekluse wrote: »
    Woop woop :)

Nice click . What did it pay

spurshero wrote: »
    Nice click . What did it pay

945£

:cool:
    Have cashed out Stoke 30 quid short of the jackpot, just in case something mad happens on Sunday.

Just noticed it did happen. Just shows the perils for the punter of games with nothing serious at stake.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

Austria! wrote: »
    Big into my top league goalscorer (for the club) bets.

Hernandez @1.8 (silly price)
    Sandro @2.5 (rooney is not a threat in my eyes, or even a centre forward)
    King @3.5 (defoe is nearly 35, and king outscored him while playing half the season up front)
    Bat @9 (Don't rate Morata, don't think he's prolific, do rate Bat and think he's a great scorer. Obviously Morata the favourite, but with Hazard missing until maybe October think 9 is a good price)
    Mane @3.75 (Most goals for Liverpool despite AFCoN last year and injury)

Unfortunately King went on a run late on preventing me from taking clean sweep

Previous goalscoring (king 17 last season, hernandez for years, Mane last year, Sandro in la liga last season) didn't seem to hold up well.
    Selection hard to predict, Sandro being the only CF and not playing, King dropped/on the wing. Probably more uncertainty in this market that I was allowing for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,843 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I did a couple of pre-season accas:
    1. Sheff Utd finish T6, Fulham finish T6, Bradford finish T6, Luton finish T7, H'field relegated, Stoke finish B10, Napoli w/o Juve & Aberdeen w/o Celtic
    2. Las Palmas to be relegated, Villarreal to finish T4, Real Madrid to win La Liga, Schalke to finish T4, Feyenoord to win Eredivisie, Huddersfield to be relegated, Napoli to win w/o Juve, Aberdeen to win w/o Celtic
    If they all land I should win about €4k (from €21), but I think Real, Huddersfield & Feyenoord are going to screw me.

Ugh, fuck Real. Now I know how handegg fans outside of Boston feel about the New England Patriots.

Advertisement