Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season long bets/accumulators (2017/18)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

danganabu wrote: »
    Was just about to post that I didn't really understand the Spurs love in here, they have finished Top 4 once ever, moving to a new stadium, serial bottlers, sold their right back and an injury to either Kane or Alli and they are screwed.

I suggest you stay away from gambling as you'll lose everything. Spurs have finished in the top 4 four times since 2009-10. Serial bottlers? Do you even know what the term "bottler" means? :rolleyes:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

thelad95 wrote: »
    Leicester to finish in the bottom half at evens is printing money, I don't see any reason why they would not be in a relegation dogfight again this season.

Leicester are a good team, and have money. The reason they did so poorly last year was because they wanted rid or Ranieri, just like Chelsea did with Mourinho. I expect them to get in the top 10 again.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭dan185

Juve to win Serie A - 1.66
    Burnley relegated - 2.25
    Boro win the Championship - 7.50
    Coventry promoted - 3.00
    Portsmouth top 6 - 2.25

€50 wins €9492

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

dan185 wrote: »
    Juve to win Serie A - 1.66
    Burnley relegated - 2.25
    Boro win the Championship - 7.50
    Coventry promoted - 3.00
    Portsmouth top 6 - 2.25

€50 wins €9492

Have juve strengthed their team in the summer? Have they even replaced bonucci?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Burial.

De Bruyne for PFA POTY @12/1. Looks leaner and hungrier in pre season. Pre season I know but still. Seems to be maturing and growing into the chief playmaker role as Silva is starting to enter his twilight. City playing more direct with more fire power which suits KDB's game.

If anyone sees a market for him to break the assist record for a single season let me know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,843 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Burial. wrote: »
    If anyone sees a market for him to break the assist record for a single season let me know.

You could try a Request-a-Bet for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Burial. wrote: »
    De Bruyne for PFA POTY @ 12/1

20/1 on betway - think he has a great chance.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

If Kane gets his topscorer title, it will be him POTY
    The English have to win something in their own league.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭spurshero

danganabu wrote: »
    Was just about to post that I didn't really understand the Spurs love in here, they have finished Top 4 once ever, moving to a new stadium, serial bottlers, sold their right back and an injury to either Kane or Alli and they are screwed.

Man utd and Arsenal will be stronger that last season as well.

West Ham 11/8 to finish Top half is my bet of the season.

ya might check things out a bit better . they have finished top 4 in 2010 2012 2016 2017 . third and second last 2 seasons . have as good as chance as anybody bar city in my opinion

Think I'll be laying Man City to win the title as their odds are far too short. Pep will be under severe pressure to win at least the PL title after spending hundreds of millions and I think he'll buckle. He showed signs of losing his mind several times last season and he'll finally be found out for the fraud that he is. My guess is another poor season for City and Pep to retire from football management at the end of next season. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

el diablo wrote: »
    Think I'll be laying Man City to win the title as their odds are far too short. Pep will be under severe pressure to win at least the PL title after spending hundreds of millions and I think he'll buckle. He showed signs of losing his mind several times last season and he'll finally be found out for the fraud that he is. My guess is another poor season for City and Pep to retire from football management at the end of next season. :p
    What are you pricing them at?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

el diablo wrote: »
    I suggest you stay away from gambling as you'll lose everything. Spurs have finished in the top 4 four times since 2009-10. Serial bottlers? Do you even know what the term "bottler" means? :rolleyes:
    spurshero wrote: »
    ya might check things out a bit better . they have finished top 4 in 2010 2012 2016 2017 . third and second last 2 seasons . have as good as chance as anybody bar city in my opinion

Apologies was mixing it up with the number of times Arsenal have finished outside the Top 4, personally think both will be competing with Liverpool for fourth.

Thanks for the gambling advice el diablo and I do quite ok thank you very much, probably because I choose my bets using my head as opposed to my heart ;)

What are you pricing them at?

Don't think I'd back them at less than 3.5 (5/2).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,843 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

SkyBet are following PP's lead on "crowd-powered" prices, offering to boost Lukaku winning the Golden Boot from 7/2 to 13/2.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,008 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Football League kicking off in a few days now, anyone got any decent medium- or long-odds outright shouts for the Championship? Nothing on the usual tips sites is standing out for me...

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

Football League kicking off in a few days now, anyone got any decent medium- or long-odds outright shouts for the Championship? Nothing on the usual tips sites is standing out for me...

Post going for Boro top choice and then Fulham, League 1 Blackburn main pick and then Mk dons, league 2 main pick Swindon (14/1) and then Luton.

rekluse wrote: »
    Post going for Boro top choice and then Fulham, League 1 Blackburn main pick and then Mk dons, league 2 main pick Swindon (14/1) and then Luton.

Mm, that Swindon bet is tempting but I know SFA about L2, guess I'd be putting my faith in the Post there.:p

How sure a thing are Boro I wonder, 6/1 is decent odds if you were pretty confident in them. But Newcastle were red-hot favourites last year and they only barely did it; it's a real dogfight of a league....

Mm, that Swindon bet is tempting but I know SFA about L2, guess I'd be putting my faith in the Post there.:p

How sure a thing are Boro I wonder, 6/1 is decent odds if you were pretty confident in them. But Newcastle were red-hot favourites last year and they only barely did it; it's a real dogfight of a league....
    Yup a tricky league to predict, I usually perm 2 selections from each of the lower leagues for a treble. Also prefer to go for top 6/7 finishes in a bigger accum.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Will have to look back in ancient history but in my memory it never happened that Feyenoord won the league 2 years in a row.

But there is a first time for everything.
    Not as good as the @11 i had last year but it really escapes me why the bookies only have them as 3rd favourite.

yes, some players left, Kongolo, Elia and Karsdorp. And they were important but all 3 had 1 or more injuries that kept them out of the team for while.
    Replaced with players that might not be of the same quality (yet) indivudually but could at the other hand be an upgrade for the team.

Elia usually was subbed in the last 1/4 of the match. Boetius is 7 years hhis junior and will have no problem making the 90
    Kongolo was defensively stronger probably than his successor Haps but haps is more dangerous in attack.
    Only real downgrade is Diks (hihihhi) replacing Karsdorp as the one lined up for that position is currently injured.

Ajax lost their manager, Klaassen and a couple of fringe players who used to be 1st team. So while the first team might not be weakened too much, back up is thin and could pose a problem at 1 point.

PSV .... now i really cant see them being a problem for either Feyenoord or Ajax.
    Lost Willems, Guardado, Moreno but most importantly, kept Cocu as a manager.
    Keeps playing players out of position despite having the proof for 30+ matches that it isnt working with those players.
    Resulting in 1-0 losing at home for the EL against Osijek. Hope they will make that right tonight as i want them to stick with Cocu.

So i ll be taking Feyenoord to win the league again @5 on bet365
    See what i can come up with to equal or better the @66 i hit last season.

4 fold e/w

Feyenoord to win the league @5
    Argentina WC @10
    Huddersfield to go down @1.66
    Fulham top 6 @1.9

@159 for the full 4 fold
    @40.5 for the e/w (Feyenoord top 2/ Argies in the final, other 2 just need to happen, no e/w there)

In the end went for Stoke Bottom half finish/ Boro top 6/ Blackburn top 6 / Luton top 7/ Napoli top 4/ Celtic and Bayern O/R @ 7/1. Also permed Villa /Boro , Blackburn /Wigan and Luton /Mansfield outright for their leagues. GL all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Wamble

Championship - Cardiff to finish Top 6 @3/1

League 1 - Fleetwood Town Top 6 @10/3

League 2 - Crewe to finish Top 7 @4/1

Treble @85/1

One last speculative go before it all kicks off this weekend. Huddersfield relegated /Boro,Luton,Blackburn promoted/ Napoli w/o Juve , Aberdeen w/o Celtic , Real Mardid O/R @ 310/1 ish. Deadest antepost thread in a while !? Some nice winners last year get the bets up lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭spurshero

rekluse wrote: »
    One last speculative go before it all kicks off this weekend. Huddersfield relegated /Boro,Luton,Blackburn promoted/ Napoli w/o Juve , Aberdeen w/o Celtic , Real Mardid O/R @ 310/1 ish. Deadest antepost thread in a while !? Some nice winners last year get the bets up lads!
    Actually was lucky enough to get the 4 league accum last year and for a 10 euro bet got 6700. My best bet ever . Anyway chanced it again for fun . Went for Man City Middlesbrough Bradford and Luton . Looking forward to collecting 20 large next May !

Backing Boro and Sheffield Wed to win the Championship, also a bit on Billy Sharp to top score.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Ok so I've just gone for
    Boro,bburn,luton,to get promoted,juve outright,monaco without psg,west ham top 10
    Stand to win nearly 10grand ,fingers crossed😊

• Registered Users Posts: 10,689 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Lucy 15 e/w outright Chelsea,Leeds,Lincoln CityPortsmouth,

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭madmax72

Did boro Blackburn and Luton to be promoted about 17/1
    Billy Sharpe ew top goalscorer championship 50/1
    Paddy madden ew league 1 top goalscorer 22/1

Backing Boro and Sheffield Wed to win the Championship, also a bit on Billy Sharp to top score.

Off to a flying start.:rolleyes: Still Sharp scored a goal...

Off to a flying start.:rolleyes: Still Sharp scored a goal...

Same as that , long season though !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭Austria!

Big into my top league goalscorer (for the club) bets.

Hernandez @1.8 (silly price)
    Sandro @2.5 (rooney is not a threat in my eyes, or even a centre forward)
    King @3.5 (defoe is nearly 35, and king outscored him while playing half the season up front)
    Bat @9 (Don't rate Morata, don't think he's prolific, do rate Bat and think he's a great scorer. Obviously Morata the favourite, but with Hazard missing until maybe October think 9 is a good price)
    Mane @3.75 (Most goals for Liverpool despite AFCoN last year and injury)

Advertisement