Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo: General Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

What ever happened to the QoL thing Ninty were working on?
    Seemed to be a thing prior to Iwata-san's passing then nothing more.

I can't see the company being a single console manufacturer for long, with the 2DS XL the final lap for the superb format.

But that'll leave Nintendo as only developing Switch consoles and games, when they've been a dual console maker and gave developer since the release of the Gameboy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

maybe game & watch will come of age in the new Nintendo NintBit fitness accessory, taking the accuracy of the Pokéwalker pedometer, the accelerometer and gyro from the Joycons, adding a heart rate monitor, a donkeykong game and then ripping off the features of the Leapfrog LeapBand - put on a "challenge" button that tells you to perform certain actions for rewards, include a virtual Mii pet on your watch who you can buy crap for using points you've earned by moving around, maybe tie it in to the Parental controls on the Switch app so you can earn Switch Time by exercising. Then undermine the whole thing by allowing kids to scan Amiibo who you can train to do the exercise for you in a virtual world...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,075 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Nintendo are still on QOL. They mentioned it in their latest financial results earlier this month.

Nintendo is still working on a "Quality of Life" product
    “We are working on the development of a new product that improves people’s QOL (Quality of Life) in enjoyable ways. Our aim is to enable consumers to make daily efforts to improve their QOL in a fun manner by making sleep and fatigue status visible and offering various services based on this information.”

http://nintendotoday.com/nintendo-is-still-working-on-a-quality-of-life-product/

It doesn't sound like anything interesting to do with gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,533 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Thought this was funny
    9188_55cd.jpeg

But then I'm all hopped up on my meds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

Nintendo world championships 2017

• Advertisement

It's not a "World" Championship. It's being held in 7 States in America and is only open to US and Canadian citizens.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

sligeach wrote: »
    It's not a "World" Championship. It's being held in 7 States in America and is only open to US and Canadian citizens.

'The Nintendo 7 states in America for American and Canadian citizens only championships'.

Kylo Ren wrote: »
    'The Nintendo 7 states in America for American and Canadian citizens only championships'.

Or the "Nintendo World" Championships, named after the store in new York, but expanded to include 6 other states. Ingrates!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,479 ✭✭✭Inviere

Like the world series in baseball.

• Advertisement

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Like the world series in baseball.

Thats not named after the planet either, its a publication. So yes! Like that! Welcome to team Banjo. We'll ejicate these heathens yet!

Not sure if I want to be on the same page as you though banjo.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,815 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

America is the world the same way Dublin is Ireland.
    And they're not allowing Quebec to take part either. So not fans of French

Paris 2024 bid team to discuss introducing esports for Olympic Games

http://www.bbc.com/sport/olympics/40875324

It would be crazy if they are to be included. I can't help but think of this episode of South Park.
    giphy.gif

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Good news for Nintendo fans and Zelda fans in particular,
    The PlayersXpo coming up in Dublin in October has just signed Eimear Noone to perform, and she has done some simply off the charts work with the themes of the LoZ franchise.

Full disclosure I have been asked to consult on the Arcade and Retro portion of the convention, though I declined any major role as I already have a full time job and worry my inexperience would damage the A&R portion of the event. Also, I'm a Kickstarter backer of Eimear Noone's Celtic Zelda album, which I have now on digital download and it's outstanding.

I guess, her presence at the show means a further move of Nintendo back into gaming mainstream, and whether you attend or not, it has to be good news to Nintendo fans like us!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Huge fan of her work, saw here live a couple of times now and she's brilliant.

Saw the fliers for the expo at Dublin Comic Con at the weekend and wasn't sure about it as an event but know that she's performing and that's there's a significant Arcade and Retro section has me sold.

Someone, please remind me to tear IGN a new @R$€;hole tomorrow. I was listening to the latest episode of NVC and it's a disgrace what they call journalism. Very disappointed, then that site's not been the same since Matt Casamassina left all those years ago. Peer, I respect very much, he's the founder of the site, but his heart's not in it and his knowledge is poor in many aspects, the same goes for the others. I like Brian too, but he's clueless in many regards, they all are. I think Jose's departure from IGN has highlighted that and I'm not surprised Nintendo head hunted him.

All the Nintendo News from Gamescom 2017 - NVC Episode 370

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEC1PYvT20Y

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

sligeach wrote:
    Someone, please remind me to tear IGN a new @R$â;‚¬hole tomorrow. I was listening to the latest episode of NVC and it's a disgrace what they call journalism. Very disappointed, then that site's not been the same since Matt Casamassina left all those years ago. Peer, I respect very much, he's the founder of the site, but his heart's not in it and his knowledge is poor in many aspects, the same goes for the others. I like Brian too, but he's clueless in many regards, they all are. I think Jose's departure from IGN has highlighted that and I'm not surprised Nintendo head hunted him.

That lad with the beard (Zach) I find unbearable. He knows so little about Nintendo as a whole he's unbearable when he blows hot air & ads nothing to NVC bar the fact he owns a switch.

sligeach wrote: »

:mad::mad:

I can understand the reasons why, but I like using it. And have a lot of great moments captured on it.

• Advertisement

Thats a shame, at least they kept the drawings going in splatoon 2 via a pseudo miiverse, love looking at them during the run up to splatfests. Did not expect ninty to pull miiverse from the wii u, it feels earlyish, makes you wonder when they will call time for online services for wiiu then.

Thats a shame, at least they kept the drawings going in splatoon 2 via a pseudo miiverse, love looking at them during the run up to splatfests. Did not expect ninty to pull miiverse from the wii u, it feels earlyish, makes you wonder when they will call time for online services for wiiu then.

I assume this effects the 3DS also

Was this not flagged ages ago, no?
    I seem to recall this being confirmed as not part of the Switch software and so it was not going to persist.
    https://www.geek.com/games/rip-miiverse-nintendos-awful-beautiful-social-network-1685708/

Edge magazines top 100 greatest games of all time 2017. Pretty cool to see all the classics as well as current games destined to be classics, that Nintendos game in the number 1 spot beat.

https://gonintendo.com/stories/288863-edge-magazine-picks-the-100-greatest-videogames-of-all-time-201

It's a failure right away for having Super Metroid placed so low. I can't argue with number 1, it's probably my new favourite game of all time, replacing the former. Never thought I'd see the day.

Lawsuit Ends in $10M Verdict Against Nintendo
    Nintendo says it will fight verdict

http://www.rollingstone.com/glixel/features/wii-remote-lawsuit-ends-in-10m-verdict-against-nintendo-w500619

Got a real power rangers vibe off that.

Every game affected by the discontinuation of Miiverse

http://nintendoeverything.com/every-game-affected-by-the-discontinuation-of-miiverse/

It's a long list and will affect some games far more than others. There's 100 on Wii U alone. The notice given is far too short.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭_Godot_

Since it's my birthday this month, I got an eshop discount of 30% off but I can't pick between Tohyo Mirage Sessions and Mario Kart 7. No idea which one to buy! Help!

Advertisement