Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Have to say I'd prefer if Gilroy did not get the job again. Nothing against him, I loved how he played football and laid the foundations for Gavin, but I'd love Dessie to get a go at it.

I also know his wife. So I might have a chance of getting Al final tickets. But that's not the reason. Honest.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Slattsy wrote: »
    Have to say I'd prefer if Gilroy did not get the job again. Nothing against him, I loved how he played football and laid the foundations for Gavin, but I'd love Dessie to get a go at it.

Yes, I think Dessie for me as well. Much as I love Gilroy and everything he did for Dublin GAA, I want to see something new for Dublin. I don't think Gilroy represents a step backwards or anything, but I kind of feel that we know what he'd bring to the table, where as with Dessie, I kind of want that feeling of unpredictability.

Well, whichever way it goes, we'll know tomorrow week. Looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Ger Brennan was on the wireless this morning saying Gilroy is more or less based in Dublin now so travelling not an issue.
    If he wants it it’s his imo!

He's coaching the Vincents under 20s next year

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Hard to disagree with any of that really.

When you see how calm the players were out there in the drawn game, it beggars belief.

That calmness had us in a position to win that game with Rock's free! We would not have ever been in that position where it not for the calm he exudes.

I can say nice things about Dublin the odd time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Sundays Walsh Cup match against Laois is postponed until January 8th, if any of ye were thinking of toddling along.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Revenge shall have to wait. They be lucky to get as relatively good weather in early January.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Gavin's management team stepped down with him according to John Costelloe.

Was hoping there'd be a bit of continuity there for the new man coming in.

God. It just gets more and more depressing. That's one heckuva brain trust to lose in one fell swoop. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Yeah disappointing to lose the whole set up in one go makes the new appointment really interesting. I was hopeful of one or two staying on because I would be a bit nervous to see too many changes though of course the new man in has to know his own mind.I know the only way for us is down but I would gladly take another one or two all Irelands.Next year seems an awful lot harder now but we still have a great squad so time will tell.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,320 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Billy Mays wrote: »

Could well be, they might be happy to come back in for the next manager especially if he’s in house but they might just be saying the new manager can pick his own management team.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,459 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Billy Mays wrote: »

ProudDUB wrote: »
    God. It just gets more and more depressing. That's one heckuva brain trust to lose in one fell swoop. :(
    Yeah disappointing to lose the whole set up in one go makes the new appointment really interesting. I was hopeful of one or two staying on because I would be a bit nervous to see too many changes though of course the new man in has to know his own mind.I know the only way for us is down but I would gladly take another one or two all Irelands.Next year seems an awful lot harder now but we still have a great squad so time will tell.

This must be what the break up of the Roman Empire was like! :eek:

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

It's mental. We've done the 5 in a row & there is zero joy in my heart. None. I feel like I'm from feckin' Leitrim or Antrim all of a sudden. Or even worse....Mayo ! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Tommy Conroy. Hmmmmmm.....

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Bit out of the blue...

Dunno to much about him to be honest so if he did get the job I dunno how to feel really!

Wouldn't have thought he was a contender.

Betting seems to be down. PP must clean up on such mug bets. Better off having a punt on virtual dogs, unless you have a vote and know the candidates!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,459 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Bit out of the blue...

Dunno to much about him to be honest so if he did get the job I dunno how to feel really!

Well jayus, if Tommy Conroy got it I would be really shocked.
    Was in the Dubs 83 team. In same golf club as my auld fella (from galway) every time RTE 'reeling in the years' does 1983 Conroy is ready for my dad before he says anything. "Duff's 'kick' looked worse than it was..."

Won the AI club over 20 years after that with vincents - was in the backroom in 2008.
    The only way I would see him getting the Dublin job is if the other two lads (Farrell and Gilroy) said no.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

I suppose any other time a manager who won a club all ireland would have been a serious contender. Agree if TC gets it must have been because at least two others declined the gig .It is always a bit of a gamble with a new manager so if he gets it has to be given the chance he has a fantastic group of players to work with .

I'd agree with that. Any club All Ireland winning manager would always be in the mix, you would think.

Am surprised his name didn't surface sooner tbh, given Dessie is on the record as saying he didn't want the Senior gig when Gavin moved on (not recently mind you, but he still said it,) & Gilroy's worked situ forced him to leave inter county management a mere 12 months ago.

Where is all this talk stemming from??

• Advertisement

Kavanaghs :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,946 ✭✭✭DellyBelly

His ankles are too big for that getup. And the less said about velvet the better.

I think he will look back in years to come on that picture and rightly cringe who let him out in that should be prosecuted for suit fitting crimes he must have been a yerra .

I kinda like the velvet jacket. It's different, but in a good way.

But no socks, in December....? :eek:

Very sad news from BK on another front. RIP Declan Small. Giant of a man.

I knew Declan well, awful sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,534 ✭✭✭Chalk McHugh

DellyBelly wrote: »

Jaysus lads that vile. Good footballer. Puke dresser.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭Paulzx

Jesus....Philly looks like a pageboy at his own wedding:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Paulzx wrote: »
    Jesus....Philly looks like a pageboy at his own wedding:eek:

He looks like rushed from Cinderella pantomine rehearsal in the Gaiety.
    Oh yes he is! Oh no he's not!

• Advertisement

Great pic from the wedding.

Glad they're all having fun.

Makes me want to cry 'tho.... :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement