Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭eire4

STB. wrote: »
    So Kilkenny & Wexford in the final. We stay in the series and Galway are gone altogether.

Have I got that right ?

You certainly have. What a brilliant day for Dublin hurling. Really impressive win and now we have the winner of Laois Westmeath to look forward to in a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Why so? Would a win for either team not have put Dublin in the Leinster Final?

No mentioned in commentary if Kilkenny won Galway progressed with Wexford exiting the championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,334 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

eire4 wrote: »
    You certainly have. What a brilliant day for Dublin hurling. Really impressive win and now we have the winner of Laois Westmeath to look forward to in a few weeks.

I think it’s the runner-up. Winner of JMcD plays the third from Munster.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Dublin were very unlucky not to make the final vs wexford. Could have broken the final attendance with that match up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,650 ✭✭✭eire4

Collie D wrote: »
    I think it’s the runner-up. Winner of JMcD plays the third from Munster.

Ahh ok thanks for that. I had it the wrong way around so.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Congrats lads. Better team won. Dillon and Suthcliffe excellent.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Congrats lads. Better team won. Dillon and Suthcliffe excellent.

I'd no idea Galway going out of the championship today was on the table.

Delighted with the win.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

DDC1990 wrote:
    Why so? Would a win for either team not have put Dublin in the Leinster Final?

Yes, its great to be still in the hunt, obviously LHC is more achievable and it's not great that it's gone now this year, but it was a good scalp, with kilkenny not firing its important to try to pick up a "handy" LHC before they come back into form, beating galway is a great result for the other lads in the final.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

I thought Keaney for an aul fella was fantastic today ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

DoctaDee wrote: »
    I thought Keaney for an aul fella was fantastic today ..

He is never any different. An absolute legend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Fairly crazy point system when you use two for a win and one for a draw!

Farcical that a team that won less games than third and fourth find themselves in a final. Even worse for Galway that they go out!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,791 ✭✭✭corny

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. About time we won one.

Random thoughts.... Best game i've seen Paddy Smyth play for Dublin. Thought we were ****ed when O'Donnell limped off but Smyth definitely stepped up. Won a load of really dirty ball late in the game.

Crummey is some man to making the run for the goal. Himself and Glynn wrestled each other all game. He had to be tired.

The Carlow game and the break brought Dillon on. He looked sharp. His marker couldn't handle his pace.

Disappointed not to make the final but i hope everyone realises now, players included, we're not here to make up the numbers. A bit of confidence about us and we're a capable side.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,441 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

STB. wrote: »
    Fairly crazy point system when you use two for a win and one for a draw!

Farcical that a team that won less games than third and fourth find themselves in a final. Even worse for Galway that they go out!

Everyone knew the system before the round robin started.
    Dubllin were in hard luck last year, Galway were in hard luck this year.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,441 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Voice is gone after it.
    Knackered from watching it.
    Great value entertainment from both sides.
    Up the Dubs!
    And hard luck Galway.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Listening to Galway bay fm from the Nell to the car. They reckon Wexford n Kilkenny planned the draw.
    ( the commentary team that wouldn’t have seen a minute of the match)

Galway had the pretend to be pulled down ( dive ) down to a tee. Got 3 points of them free IIRC.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TCM

Double for the Dubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭C__MC

Fantastic wins by the dubs
    Unfortunate not to make leinster final
    They will probably meet limerick tipp in QF.
    If they beat laois westmeath, but tonight is huge for Dublin hurling

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Have to say, I'm over the moon at that result, it's real progress for the first time in years. Galway are a truly quality team, and to stay with them for the entire game and eventually pull away at the end was just brilliant. It's such a contrast to the games where we've faded away as well, for the first time in ages, we finished the stronger team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

C__MC wrote: »
    Fantastic wins by the dubs
    Unfortunate not to make leinster final
    They will probably meet limerick tipp in QF.
    If they beat laois westmeath, but tonight is huge for Dublin hurling

Limerick I’d say. Tipp are absolutely flying it and will most likely win the All Ireland.
    We can deffo do Limerick I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭gmurphy70

Well done Dublin from a Wex supporter,hoped to have ye in Leinster final,that would of been a turn up for the books! Everyone had Galway to win handy but after playing ye in Parnell park knew that Dublin are a match for anyone,fancy ye to beat a Munster team in quarters,Fantastic display well done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭Stacksofwacks

TCM wrote: »
    Double for the Dubs.

It certainly would be a shock but I wouldnt say its impossible. Mattie Kenny seems to be building up good momentum, they did go down to Tipp and win in the league Qf. Question is could they live with the big teams in the latter stages of the championship and have the guile and belief to get over the line. But that was a huge win today for Dublin hurling

CatInABox wrote:
    for the first time in ages, we finished the stronger team.
    That's it in a nutshell

• Registered Users Posts: 7,791 ✭✭✭corny

Anyone know what odds Dublin were to win tonight ? An '96 All-Ireland medal winner told me to back them for win , but I didn't .

13/8

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Great win. I'd put that up there over winning league in 2011 and Leinster in 2013.

Brilliant to see Parnell be scene of serious championship game, and most of all to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Yep. And Kieran Donaghy being on the losing side made it even sweeter.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Really delighted for the dubs last night especially the die hard hurling supporters . The team really stood up and got a massive win against a quality team when it was on the line.I thought a few weeks ago we would not win a match like that but delighted to have to eat my words.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Great win. I'd put that up there over winning league in 2011 and Leinster in 2013.

Brilliant to see Parnell be scene of serious championship game, and most of all to win.

Anthony Daly said as much about the result that it was the best night/result he's experienced with Dublin hurling. Says it all really about the performance that he can place it above his own amazing achievements with us.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Anthony Daly said as much about the result that it was the best night/result he's experienced with Dublin hurling. Says it all really about the performance that he can place it above his own amazing achievements with us.

Anthony knows what hurling means to the perennially defeated.

Long time since I spontaneously hugged people - without the Gardaí getting involved :)

Had brief word with Hedgo - the original one - in Ciarans and said it was best day ever including day including 2013. He demurred, but not much :)

Still on a high to be honest. Family been involved as players as selectors since 1920s.

These days don't come around too often. And the video of the players on people's phones shows how much it meant to them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

First time in a long long time that The Sunday Game is required viewing for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Brace yourself for lots of praise for how big, strong & athletic we are....blah blah blah...

Don't hold your breath for any acknowledgement that we have any skilled, whristy hurlers on board.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement