Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

haha rugby kip?

On Croke Park break even would be highly surprised its as low as 10k considering all costs/staff and otherwise required to open stadium on match days
    I've been in Croker when there was just 10k in attendance and there were hardly any staff present. It definitely didn't make a loss. Only one stand was open too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

BKWDR wrote: »
    Can I pay by card in Dorset st or is it cash only?

Alsoooo have to pick up my friends Leinster Final tickets, how much are they with the PP
    Think it's cash only, not 100% sure. Football final tickets are 25 for the hill, 35 for the stand

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Can I pay by card in Dorset st or is it cash only?

Alsoooo have to pick up my friends Leinster Final tickets, how much are they with the PP

No card machine.

Are tickets for the Leinster final on sale yet?

They're on tickets.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Billy Mays wrote: »
    They're on tickets.ie

Ah great so they should be there for PP holders if I pick up hurling tickets Friday

• Advertisement

Ah great so they should be there for PP holders if I pick up hurling tickets Friday

I would say not. Dublin CB usually only gets tickets the week of the game.

Just checked. Tickets only go on sale for the football next Tuesday.

€25/30 for Hill is ripping the arse out of it if you ask me. €35/40 for the stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I've tickets for the leinster final, but there's a chance I may not make it, baby due next week.

If I can't shift them locally I'll be willing to give a regular poster here them, for the price of a celebratory pint. ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Ah, that's brill Slatts. Mucho congratulations.

Presume Clucko is top of the list of names, regardless of gender?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Ah, that's brill Slatts. Mucho congratulations.

Presume Clucko is top of the list of names, regardless of gender?

Bertie. Because lets be honest, we wouldn't have won an All Ireland without him :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Bonniedog wrote: »
    I would say not. Dublin CB usually only gets tickets the week of the game.

Just checked. Tickets only go on sale for the football next Tuesday.

€25/30 for Hill is ripping the arse out of it if you ask me. €35/40 for the stand.

They have a terrace PP , does that dictate what ticket i buy?

• Advertisement

You can get a terrace ticket that covers far side or behind either goal. Far side is best spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

You can get a terrace ticket that covers far side or behind either goal. Far side is best spot.

Not a sniff of a ticket for this yet FFS.

I seen them on sale on Thursday and said I’d call into SuperValu for a ticket later that day which I did. They were all gone then and not been back on sale since.
    Been to all 3 so far be sick it i miss this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Folks, any idea if any tickets for Dublin/Galway will appear for Saturday night at this stage? Had planned on going and surprised it sold out a week beforehand. Thanks

I'd say there'll be a few available on Saturday. I doubt every parnell pass holder will take a ticket

If there are any tickets left then they will be up tomorrow. Not all PP holders will get tickets, but there won't be many left over.

Really looking forward to this one. Dublin are nowhere near the top table, and Galway are, so it is good test. A winner takes all championship match on our own pitch. We can have no complaints about that given what we have had last few years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,095 ✭✭✭C__MC

Huge game for Dublin hurling just as big as 2013 semi

• Registered Users Posts: 18,440 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

If there are any tickets left then they will be up tomorrow. Not all PP holders will get tickets, but there won't be many left over.

Really looking forward to this one. Dublin are nowhere near the top table, and Galway are, so it is good test. A winner takes all championship match on our own pitch. We can have no complaints about that given what we have had last few years.

Feck it, for some reason in my head I assumed that Galway are already safe.
    It is going to be fierce tense and a 'mighty' match, as they say in the whest.
    j37AaOD.png

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Justin10

Feck it, for some reason in my head I assumed that Galway are already safe.
    It is going to be fierce tense and a 'mighty' match, as they say in the whest.
    j37AaOD.png

They are safe in terms of getting though to the quarter finals. They can't be knocked out of the championship.

A Dublin win and a draw in Wexford would put Galway out on score difference, so they are not going to be taking anything for granted.

A Dublin win and a draw in Wexford would put Galway out on score difference, so they are not going to be taking anything for granted.

Out of the Leinster final but they'll still be in to the quarter final, which actually might work out better for them being able to ease Joe back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

Rochey18 wrote: »
    They are safe in terms of getting though to the quarter finals. They can't be knocked out of the championship.

Wexford and Kilkenny draw.

Dubs beat Galway.

Then Galway are out of the championship on points difference.

If it is a three way tie on 5 points, does it not go to score difference rather than head to head?

Yep correct. My bad

3 way would go to points difference.

Out of the Leinster final but they'll still be in to the quarter final, which actually might work out better for them being able to ease Joe back.

No, they would be gone.

Which means that the game will have a real bite to it. We arguably should have beaten them down there last year, but lest face it, it was a nothing game for them other than players claiming places for the final/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Can parnell passes get a ticket tomorrow.
    Mate has one that he is not using.

Shane Barrett has won his appeal, that's a big boost to our chances

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭OEP

I'm looking at tickets for the football final on tickets.ie, and they're not great - very low down in Hogan and Cusack. Given that this won't be anywhere near a sell out, is there any way of getting better tickets on general sale?

I'm not from Dublin, I'm taking an American cousin to see a football game so I have no connection to any clubs up here.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,440 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

OEP wrote: »
    I'm looking at tickets for the football final on tickets.ie, and they're not great - very low down in Hogan and Cusack. Given that this won't be anywhere near a sell out, is there any way of getting better tickets on general sale?

I'm not from Dublin, I'm taking an American cousin to see a football game so I have no connection to any clubs up here.

The first obvious solution to this is move seats to somewhere better (as there should be plenty of available seats) as close before throw in before the senior game as you can. - so you won't be sitting in someone's seat.

The second solution is get someone you know to go to the Dorset street ticket office in Dublin and they might be able to sort out a bit better tickets for you.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,161 ✭✭✭OEP

The first obvious solution to this is move seats to somewhere better (as there should be plenty of available seats) as close before throw in before the senior game as you can. - so you won't be sitting in someone's seat.

The second solution is get someone you know to go to the Dorset street ticket office in Dublin and they might be able to sort out a bit better tickets for you.

Thanks.

Didn't know about this ticket office. I live in Dublin but I did the usually country person thing and said I'm not from there even though I've been living there for a decade - I can go into the office myself during the week.

• Advertisement

Shane Barrett has won his appeal, that's a big boost to our chances

Excellent news.

Looks like this game is going to be played on a heavy pitch possibly in a downpour according to Met Éireann.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement