Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭muddle84

Few tweets suggesting that Diarmuid Connolly is gone to the US for the summer again. As a football fan its a shame we won't see him on the pitch again this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭IrishAlice

Edgware wrote: »
    I dont know where these"true" hurling people are but when Offaly dominated Leinster I never heard a Kilkenny supporter say a good word about them.

That's just the rivalries of counties, we never say a good word about Tipp either :D

It doesn't mean that we want to see them or any other county lose their competitiveness in the hurling though.

Look I can't speak for everyone but I personally don't know a single hurling fan who takes pleasure in seeing any county struggling. There are few enough playing as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,109 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Looks like ill have a spare ticket for Sundays game cause my brother can't go and haven't heard back from me mate yet.

If anyone's interested in a ticket for cusack 307 row e for 30 euro let me know!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

muddle84 wrote: »
    Few tweets suggesting that Diarmuid Connolly is gone to the US for the summer again. As a football fan its a shame we won't see him on the pitch again this year.

Brothers best mate works with him & it was talked about, wouldn’t blame him going back for what’s on offer tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Just checking, are PP tickets available from today for the Leinster Final? Thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

BKWDR wrote: »
    Just checking, are PP tickets available from today for the Leinster Final? Thanks in advance

Yes.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Finally, uninterrupted highlights are out.

https://twitter.com/DubGAAOfficial/status/1141035064177942529

Lads any ideas how I could sell a ticket for Sunday?

Have it on adverts for 5er under the usual price but nothing so far.

With the low attendance problems I've no idea how I'm gonna sell it!

Only reason I have a spare is cause brother can't go none me mates are interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,354 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Lads any ideas how I could sell a ticket for Sunday?

Have it on adverts for 5er under the usual price but nothing so far.

With the low attendance problems I've no idea how I'm gonna sell it!

Only reason I have a spare is cause brother can't go none me mates are interested!

Jayus I dunno, you could buy a Meath jersey and sell it free with the ticket.
    There are bound to be plenty of Dubs washing cars this weather. :D

Seriously though, I would say hanging around Croke Park/pubs etc on the day is a good idea. There is bound to be someone who turns up with no ticket on the day if the weather stays fine. I assume the GAA will be selling tickets from those prefab kiosk things on Sunday?

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

Jayus I dunno, you could buy a Meath jersey and sell it free with the ticket.
    There are bound to be plenty of Dubs washing cars this weather.

Seriously though, I would say hanging around Croke Park/pubs etc on the day is a good idea. There is bound to be someone who turns up with no ticket on the day. I assume the GAA will be selling tickets from those prefab kiosk things on Sunday?

If i have to try on the day i will just a pain in the arse trying sell a ticket for something thats not sold out :pac:. Especially a single one.

I just stuck it up on toutless there have it on adverts as well.

If anyone knows anyone looking for a cheaper ticket in a very good area of the ground let me know!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

You should be able to get rid of it outside the ticket office on Dorset St if it's open on Sunday

Billy Mays wrote: »
    You should be able to get rid of it outside the ticket office on Dorset St if it's open on Sunday

Anyway of knowing if it will be open?

Anyway of knowing if it will be open?
    You could ring Parnell Park, they might know 01-8312099

You could ring Parnell Park, they might know 01-8312099

Cheers thanks! Sure if it comes to it I'll bring me son! Was gonna wait another year or two but he's 5 should be grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

I'd be getting seriously worried if I was Dean Rock.

Have a feeling neither Davy Byrne or MDMA will start.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

ProudDUB wrote: »
    I'd be getting seriously worried if I was Dean Rock.

Fair play to Costello, talk about seizing the opportunity when it comes along. If you told me that Costello would be keeping Rock out a year ago I'd have laughed at you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Looking at numbers 8 to 15 I have to wonder what they would do to Kerry if they get the chances Cork got last night

Edgware wrote: »
    Looking at numbers 8 to 15 I have to wonder what they would do to Kerry if they get the chances Cork got last night

Kerry couldn't be that bad defensively again, could they? Surely they'd play a different system if we came up against them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Costello can kick frees and is more effective from play. Other forwards are playing out of their skin and all fulfilling different roles, with Kilkenny having had to adapt too. Hard to see where Rock will work his way back in.

As for Kerry, said it before: don't regard them as one of the main threats and are likely to be in the toughest 8's group so might not make it out again.

There has been a lot of talk about them, mainly around Clifford and some of the younger ones but none of the replacements for the likes of Cooper, Donaghy, the Ó Sés Galvin, O'Sullivans are anywhere near that standard. they might come to be but no evidence they will, and not this year.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Dirkziggler

Think HQ need to think of something to ressurect the attendances. The comparison over the past 5 years is shocking

CatInABox wrote: »
    Fair play to Costello, talk about seizing the opportunity when it comes along. If you told me that Costello would be keeping Rock out a year ago I'd have laughed at you.

Can't argue with that, but Deano may have a role to play yet & a big one at that. If we're to go all the way to the final, we've 6 games to go, including today. Given his terrible history with injuries, the odds of CC starting - never mind finishing - them all wouldn't be great.

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Can't argue with that, but Deano may have a role to play yet & a big one at that. If we're to go all the way to the final, we've 6 games to go, including today. Given his terrible history with injuries, the odds of CC starting - never mind finishing - them all wouldn't be great.
    I'd still have Rock in and taking frees at the business end of the championship. Costello's done well on them so far but we haven't seen him take a high pressure 40-45m one yet. Rock has proven he's clutch on frees when a game is there to be won or lost

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

CatInABox wrote: »
    Kerry couldn't be that bad defensively again, could they? Surely they'd play a different system if we came up against them.
    Well they didnt learn from the League Final. Mayo put three in the net.

I'd still have Rock in and taking frees at the business end of the championship. Costello's done well on them so far but we haven't seen him take a high pressure 40-45m one yet. Rock has proven he's clutch on frees when a game is there to be won or lost

How many 40m frees & 45's do we actually kick during the course of a game?

Maybe Jim Gavin's mindset is that CC is more of an overall scoring threat from play, so he's willing to take the hit on the long range frees?

I assume Rock will get game-time later in games and that is when the pressure frees will be.
    Costello offers way more from general play and his high energy style is infectious, lifts the crowd the way he can skin opponents and take a score.

It will be interesting to see what decision Gavin makes on it, because I doubt he will start both lads.

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Costello can kick frees and is more effective from play. Other forwards are playing out of their skin and all fulfilling different roles, with Kilkenny having had to adapt too. Hard to see where Rock will work his way back in.

As for Kerry, said it before: don't regard them as one of the main threats and are likely to be in the toughest 8's group so might not make it out again.

There has been a lot of talk about them, mainly around Clifford and some of the younger ones but none of the replacements for the likes of Cooper, Donaghy, the Ó Sés Galvin, O'Sullivans are anywhere near that standard. they might come to be but no evidence they will, and not this year.

The only way I can describe how Kerry look is 'minor-ish'. They look very loose altogether.
    Donegal are the only team who look capable of stopping Dublin now.
    They look to have a real handy side.
    I still have nightmares over that Christy Toye fella in 2014!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Edgware wrote:
    Well they didnt learn from the League Final. Mayo put three in the net.

Yeah, it's a hard one , took ages to stop the ball going inside, but they kind it did by the end. B Hurley going off was a strange call since he's a goal threat, kerry brought Mark Griffin on after B Hurley went off , possibly got that the wrong way around.

Cork kind of dropped their heads after their third goal and didn't try to kick on, they had the momentum but just handed it to Kerry rather than Kerry taking it, that's an over simplification of it but it had a bit of that vibe in it, Cork didn't really go for it for that 5 or 10 minutes then popped up again.

But kerry only had 14 men. Cork let kerry off IMO, it was a big opportunity for them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Dirkziggler

This is a hard watch, outside the fact I'm soaked but this is poor in general.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Thank Christ that is over.

Serious coddle weather out there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement