Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,440 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Looks like this game is going to be played on a heavy pitch possibly in a downpour according to Met Éireann.

I will make sure to get a seat under the stand roof so.
    If the weather is manky, it should bring Galway down a level and make it a slog.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

I will make sure to get a seat under the stand roof so.
    If the weather is manky, it should bring Galway down a level and make it a slog.

Usually favours bigger physical teams. so perhaps not!

Would certainly put the premium on getting stuck in and not letting them settle, but they are masters of that themselves on their day, as indeed they showed last week until they gave ground a bit in last quarter.

Some question over them having faded physically in all of their games so far, and now coming in on back of a six day break. If it was football that would be a bigger factor perhaps. We shall see tomorrow.

Be interesting to see what team he puts out as will need to get the match ups right in half forwards especially. It is a part of field where Dublin have not done particularly well, and it is possibly Galway's strongest line and launch for attacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,791 ✭✭✭corny

Usually favours bigger physical teams. so perhaps not!

Would certainly put the premium on getting stuck in and not letting them settle, but they are masters of that themselves on their day, as indeed they showed last week until they gave ground a bit in last quarter.

Some question over them having faded physically in all of their games so far, and now coming in on back of a six day break. If it was football that would be a bigger factor perhaps. We shall see tomorrow.

Be interesting to see what team he puts out as will need to get the match ups right in half forwards especially. It is a part of field where Dublin have not done particularly well, and it is possibly Galway's strongest line and launch for attacks.

Biggest line we can pick.... Hertherton, Ronan Hayes and Sutcliffe!

Nah Cian Boland has done really well to force his way in and should get the nod. Keaney and Sutcliffe are automatic in a crunch game.

Doubt it will happen but i'd go for Boland occupying McInerney. He has serious legs and McInerney isn't famed for his pace. If Moran has time to pick a man i'd be sure Boland could get away to make an option.

Hetherton on his day can be a handful, which we need, Not sure Keaney would last a full game but needs to be in there at some stage.

For crucial parts of the Kilkenny and Wexford games, the forwards were letting the ball out too easily. That will kill us tomorrow if it happens for any sustained period.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Team for tomorrow:

DUBLIN (SHC v Galway)

1 Alan Nolan
    2 Paddy Smyth
    3 Eoghan O'Donnell
    4 Cian Hendricken
    5 Chris Crummey
    6 Seán Moran
    7 Darragh O'Connell
    8 Seán Treacy
    9 Tom Connolly
    10 Conal Keaney Ballyboden
    11 Danny Sutcliffe
    12 Cian Boland
    13 Fergal Whitely
    14 Ronan Hayes
    15 Eamonn Dillon

See here.

• Advertisement

That team will hardly start?

No reliable freetaker for a start, although options are limited if Ryan is out. I'd say Treacy might start but needs to pay his way in general play. Barrett red gone so might throw him in at start.

Looking forward to it. Biggest game in years. Will tell us where we stand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭kala85

Any recommendations for places to eat around parnell park.

I'll be up at 3 or 4.

Also could i park the car in donneycarney Church or would i be clamped.

I presume when I'm that early i could park in donneycarney church or at the gaa club beside parnell

Eat near Parnell!

You're not in Salthill now boy :-)

Seriously though there's a few pubs within walking distance or short drive on Malahide Road that do decent enough pub food. Graingers on the bottom of Malahide Road as you come from town on your right.

You won't get parking near the club. Church maybe if you are there at 3 or soon after.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭nosnagaoithe

Lads anyone know if tickets available outside Parnell or is it sold out? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

It's not on TV? Ffs that's ridiculous.

• Advertisement

Lads anyone know if tickets available outside Parnell or is it sold out? Thanks

It's out sold. But you know yourself if you're having a pint near the ground.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

That team will hardly start?

Three changes:

https://twitter.com/DubGAAOfficial/status/1139954787754151937

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Slattsy wrote: »

Any free live streaming og Dublin v Galway?

Goal Dublin. Need to hold Galway off now. Sounds like some game!

YEEEESSSSSSSSS!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭coolisin

Well done to everyone that got out to support that.
    Delighted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Dirkziggler

Brilliant from Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Excellent. And the result from Wexford is the icing on the cake. COYBIB

Can’t believe this isn’t on the telly. The GAA will have to sort out the absolute shambles that are the TV rights for Gaelic games in this country.

• Advertisement

Unbelievable win. We can beat anyone in Parnell.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to say I've always enjoyed hurling. It's the best game in the world, extremely skillful and enjoyable to watch ha #bandwagon

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Can’t believe this isn’t on the telly. The GAA will have to sort out the absolute shambles that are the TV rights for Gaelic games in this country.

To be fair the other game didn't disappoint either

Mid June and Galway gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

So Kilkenny & Wexford in the final. We stay in the series and Galway are gone altogether.

Have I got that right ?

STB. wrote: »
    So Kilkenny & Wexford in the final. We stay in the series and Galway are gone altogether.

Have I got that right ?

Yup

STB. wrote: »

Have I got that right ?
    Yes

We are in preliminary quarter

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

I'll just be over here in the corner having a heart attack if anyone needs me. God Almighty !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Fann Linn wrote:
    Excellent. And the result from Wexford is the icing on the cake. COYBIB

Why so? Would a win for either team not have put Dublin in the Leinster Final?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Why so? Would a win for either team not have put Dublin in the Leinster Final?

Living down here in Galway and just glad to see the back of them.

• Advertisement

The oil tweet machine doesn't disappoint some Galwegians blaiming Joe for not pulling a jersey on

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement