Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Very small crowd. Is there even 10,000 there?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Is there an official line from Parnell Park as to who to side with at 4 o'clock?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

DoctaDee wrote: »
    Is there an official line from Parnell Park as to who to side with at 4 o'clock?

As much a no brainer as ever. Can't have the long grass dwellers getting notions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Hope Kerry smoke them. I’m sure they will.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Hope Kerry smoke them. I’m sure they will.

Out with ya.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Reported:

No Dub shouts for Kerry.

EVER.

Hope they throw the bloody book at you. :(

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Reported:

No Dub shouts for Kerry.

EVER.

Hope they throw the bloody book at you. :(

:D was asking for a friend ... notice I used the term "side with"

I think it was Gary Neville that said it's like choosing between 2 fellas to knock your missus

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭MFPM

Hard to know how much impact this match will have later in the year but it would be nice to see Kerry beaten.

You would have to question Kerry's big match temperament.

I hate to use the term "chokers," but …………..

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Yep was thinking the same thing Bonnie

Another good start
    Goals in the first half
    Let them in the second half
    Subs making little impact

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Fair play to mayo good second half should give them a good boost for the summer.Obviously both teams should be in the mix and its hard to know where Dublin are exactly feel we showed a lot of signs of been over our peek so all to play for.Hope we can get back near to our best form because we need to .

Mayo remain the main threat to Dublin.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

DoctaDee wrote:
    I think it was Gary Neville that said it's like choosing between 2 fellas to knock your missus

Sean Lock described it as trying to work out which is worse stepping in dog sh1t or stepping in cow sh1t.

Just thinking about, dog sh1t is definitely worse.

Lots of cows in Mayo.

Well deserved win by Mayo - I don't think Kerry are quick enough around the field, and were bullied physically in contact. They'll eat lesser teams going forward but would worry about them being exposed at the back, Mayo with a good day in front of the posts are a match for anyone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Force Carrier

Stoner wrote: »

Lots of cows in Mayo.
    The stats are against you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,791 ✭✭✭corny

Well deserved win by Mayo - I don't think Kerry are quick enough around the field, and were bullied physically in contact. They'll eat lesser teams going forward but would worry about them being exposed at the back, Mayo with a good day in front of the posts are a match for anyone

Yeah agreed. AOS swatting away Barry for every hop ball kind of set the tone for the match ups all over the field.

Kerry badly want Walsh and O'Donoghue to be the players they're purported to be but someone needs to make a tough decision. They'll be an irrelevance in the big games in the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭muddle84

Ah that's only dairy though, if you look at beef herds we have more than Kerry
    https://www.icbf.com/wp/?p=9564

corny wrote: »
    Yeah agreed. AOS swatting away Barry for every hop ball kind of set the tone for the match ups all over the field.

Kerry badly want Walsh and O'Donoghue to be the players they're purported to be but someone needs to make a tough decision. They'll be an irrelevance in the big games in the summer.

I thought Walsh was very dangerous in the first half but his influence weaned into the second half. I don't think he has 70 minutes in him! Yet anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Dublin remain the main threat to Dublin.

Fixed that for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,409 ✭✭✭robbiezero

muddle84 wrote: »
    I thought Walsh was very dangerous in the first half but his influence weaned into the second half. I don't think he has 70 minutes in him! Yet anyway.

Ball into him was poor all day. High balls into him need to be on the diagonal, like they used to do with Donaghy. Yesterday, they either kicked them in straight or overhit the balls in.
    You would imagine a fit and in-form Geaney will start full forward and Walsh an impact or tactical sub in the summer, although they might go for Geaney in the corner and leave O'Donoghue on the bench.

• Advertisement

Walsh needs to be coming on for the last 20-25 minutes max.

robbiezero wrote: »
    Ball into him was poor all day. High balls into him need to be on the diagonal, like they used to do with Donaghy. Yesterday, they either kicked them in straight or overhit the balls in.
    You would imagine a fit and in-form Geaney will start full forward and Walsh an impact or tactical sub in the summer, although they might go for Geaney in the corner and leave O'Donoghue on the bench.

And maybe that's where David Moran is needed to deliver the ball to the likes of Walsh.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭ToBeFrank123

You definitely need a couple of plans when playing the Dubs. They cope better with players running at them but how they cope with long balls over Cian O'Sullivan will be interesting. Neutralise O'Sullivan's influence and you always have a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,378 ✭✭✭Duffy the Vampire Slayer

Most cows in Mayo would be beef, not dairy.

https://www.icbf.com/wp/?p=10631

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Careful now. Don't be posting stats like those, or Spewan will be calling for heads on a platter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Force Carrier

Most cows in Mayo would be beef, not dairy.

https://www.icbf.com/wp/?p=10631

That's a moot point.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,122 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

That's a moot point.

Oh dairy me!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,457 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

MFPM wrote: »
    Hard to know how much impact this match will have later in the year but it would be nice to see Kerry beaten.

I was not at the game. But from the telly it seemed like a very loose/open game.
    If the Dubs meet either Kerry or Mayo this summer they would destroy them in an open game 'trading punches'.

I still think Mayo are overrated and will bottle it in the heat of battle when there is real pressure on them, Unless they find some individual brilliance against the run of play like Dublin did in 2011. I just cannot see Mayo getting over the line way too much baggage and pressure on them.
    Kerry are a team that still worry me cocky former minors heritage etc.

If I were to pick any team to play Dublin in an AI final it would be Mayo easily, because they would be under way more pressure than Dublin would be on the day.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,457 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Mayo remain the main threat to Dublin.

I think Tyrone are set up better than Mayo are.
    Tyrone or Kerry for me.
    Mayo will do the normal Mayo thing and fold.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Advertisement

I think Tyrone are set up better than Mayo are.
    Tyrone or Kerry for me.
    Mayo will do the normal Mayo thing and fold.

I reckon that's a bit unfair.

Mayo have been in finals and semi finals with Dublin til the last kick. Kerry have blinked, collapsed even.

Tyrone last year was only final Dublin won that was over by half time. Even Harte said they were playing the second half to keep it respectable!

Can't see that changing to be honest.

I do think Dublin are vulnerable however, and most likely teams to beat them are Mayo and Kerry in that order.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement