Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Thinking about the Donegal motion on CP, I wonder are they in fact hoping that Parnell might be ruled out on health and safety grounds?

I would imagine that most counties including Dublin would be happy to allow Dublin designate CP as home ground and play "Croke Park" game somewhere else?

Perhaps I am misreading the situation.

But if Parnell it is to be, then so be it. Only losers are the huge number of people who won't be able to attend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Nidgeweasel

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Thinking about the Donegal motion on CP, I wonder are they in fact hoping that Parnell might be ruled out on health and safety grounds?

I would imagine that most counties including Dublin would be happy to allow Dublin designate CP as home ground and play "Croke Park" game somewhere else?

Perhaps I am misreading the situation.

But if Parnell it is to be, then so be it. Only losers are the huge number of people who won't be able to attend.

Don't think they're that shrewd.

I agree with you fwiw, they've gone the wrong way about it. Hopefully it'll be amended.

I mentioned this previously,

Dublin's 'home tie v round 4 winner should be in CP. The tie against the other provincial winner should be outside of dublin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Obviously I'm a bit selfish in my wish as I don't get to games, but I'd love them to nominate Parnell to ram it up all their holes.

Plus, if they go with CP as the home then how long before the moaning masses start going after semis and finals that they're in?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,791 ✭✭✭corny

I don’t think I’ve ever seen Mayo comfortably winning a game ever.
    They won’t be. If they do meet there will be max 2 points in it either way.

They were comfortable enough in the Kerry replay in 2017.

Talent wise they're best placed to challenge Dublin and I hope Horan gets them at it. I'm tired of one sided Dublin games.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭donkey balls

Lashing rain down here hopefully the pitch be up to spec tomorrow evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,440 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

I don’t think I’ve ever seen Mayo comfortably winning a game ever.
    They won’t be. If they do meet there will be max 2 points in it either way.

I don't trust Mayo as a team. They must be one of the most frustrating teams to support in the country.
    I don't think they have squad depth and that inner belief/self-confidence when it comes to the crunch. Plus most of thier players are workhorse type players there are very few 'head up footballers' in that Mayo team.
    They remind me of the Dublin team from the 00s trying to make up for lack of skill by sheer work ethic.

Plus the Mayo team has had so many chances to win Sam that it cannot be a coincidence that they keep blowing it. Dodgy goalkeeping decisions, panic under pressure, lack of game management and ill-discipline at crucial moments.

I would be more afraid of that Galway team when they get the likes of Comer back (remember the goal he scored against Dublin) also Galway have to get thier Corofin lads back.
    Mayo are not even the best team in thier province.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Kerry will be delighted with that team. The Munch on the halfback line with Flatman behind him. Not that it's means much

At least McCarthy is getting another run.

Will be interesting to see how things go if Moran is in at full forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

That team will 100% not start. Fact.

Another fact. Kenmare is the best little town in Ireland fer de grub. Totes amazeballs !

Be some craic driving across Molls Gap in this weather later on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭PingTing comes for Fire

Stoner wrote: »
    Kerry will be delighted with that team. The Munch on the halfback line with Flatman behind him. Not that it's means much

At least McCarthy is getting another run.

Will be interesting to see how things go if Moran is in at full forward.

Geany is also good in the air - looks like it will be blanket defense and long ball to the forwards. Ground conditions won't suit a running game.

If this reaps any dividends for Kerry then Dublin will probably sub on P Flynn and position him around the square. Although for the tactic to work at all is dependent on Kerry getting time and space around the middle to deliver good balls inside. Which they might not get.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,334 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Random enough query. I’ve to meet someone at Heuston at 7.30 this evening. Does anyone know if there’s a TV in The Galway Hooker there? Hoping to catch the first half before legging it at halftime to a “real” pub for the second.

Perhaps somebody heading down is in there at the moment :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Gael85

Collie D wrote: »
    Random enough query. I’ve to meet someone at Heuston at 7.30 this evening. Does anyone know if there’s a TV in The Galway Hooker there? Hoping to catch the first half before legging it at halftime to a “real” pub for the second.

Donghues in Inchicore is a good GAA pub. 5 minutes in taxi from Heuston.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,140 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

There's a TV on the wall behind the bar. High stool job.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,334 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Grandeeod wrote: »
    There's a TV on the wall behind the bar. High stool job.

That’ll do nicely. Thanks

There's a lad looks very like Sherlock got off the team bus down in Tralee tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

There's a lad looks very like Sherlock got off the team bus down in Tralee tonight.

Delighted to say it is him.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,093 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Kerry looking good here but I’ve had to say they have had some help from the referee and poor Dubs finishing here.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,093 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

That could have been red. Nasty.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

corny wrote: »
    They were comfortable enough in the Kerry replay in 2017.

Talent wise they're best placed to challenge Dublin and I hope Horan gets them at it. I'm tired of one sided Dublin games.

Completely on board with this sentiment. If we're going to get toppled I want it to be a Horan led Mayo team.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,925 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Funny enough. I've just left Ryan's on Parkgate St and the Limerick lads I was there with just sent me this. So yeah... You'll be grand over there...

• Advertisement

Very very sloppy looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,791 ✭✭✭corny

Jesus they're some goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

This a great game. Two teams just going at it. No messing, give and take and just getting on with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Very enjoyable half of football there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,214 ✭✭✭ClanofLams

Best half of football I seen in a long time. Great to see.

High ball certainly causing problems. The lads are static and waiting for the ball to drop instead of taking a step or two back while the ball is in the air get so momentum. Silly stuff.

Slattsy wrote: »
    High ball certainly causing problems. The lads are static and waiting for the ball to drop instead of taking a step or two back while the ball is in the air get so momentum. Silly stuff.

Very easy run at between the 45's too.

Very easy run at between the 45's too.

Thats just fitness/sharpness. That'll come.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭C__MC

Cracking game, when Dublin’s dominance does end- Kerry will surely dominate some fine ballers there

• Advertisement

Slattsy wrote: »
    Thats just fitness/sharpness. That'll come.

Different to other years though. They're being absolutely destroyed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement