Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Bonniedog wrote: »
    I wouldn't be depending on it!

Why don't you have a pint in one of the pubs on the Cusack side instead of that kip :)

Might be the wise choice. Is Bridge Tavern the best option? Been a few years since I popped in but remember having a savage Guinness there before KK beat us in the Leinster final a few years back.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Might be the wise choice. Is Bridge Tavern the best option? Been a few years since I popped in but remember having a savage Guinness there before KK beat us in the Leinster final a few years back.

Bridge is about 10 minutes. There's a few even closer than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,212 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Fair dues to the Dorset St PP peeps for allowing terrace PP's be swapped for stand tickets. They used to be ok with it, but haven't been so cooperative the past couple of years. Blamed the GAA for only giving them the precise allocation for each. Not so yesterday. Thank God. Couldn't face the Hill in February. Does that make me a snowflake/pansy/sunshine supporter? Too damm bad if it does ! ;)
    F*ck sake

Didn't bother asking this year for that exact reason

Bridge is about 10 minutes. There's a few even closer than that.

Which one would get your seal of approval?

Which one would get your seal of approval?

Don't drink any more but Bridge is good spot. And pint there is still sought after by my imbibing friends! Sure to have the rugger on the big screen in the back lounge.

• Advertisement

Don't drink any more but Bridge is good spot. And pint there is still sought after by my imbibing friends! Sure to have the rugger on the big screen in the back lounge.

Lovely stuff. Thanks for the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Lads would they let me enter via Hogan if I have a Cusack lower for tomorrow? Fairly touch and go so avoiding a sprint from the Jurys Inn to the opposite side after the England match finishes would be greatly appreciated.

Failing all that they'd hardly have screens showing the rugby in there? Not putting much faith in it.

Technically, no. The bar code scanners at the Hogan Stand turnstiles are set to only admit tickets that are for the Hogan Stand. (And vice versa over at the Cusack.) So expect a No if you ask for admission with a Cusack Stand ticket. However, if you show up with a limp/big puppy dog eyes/a good sob story, you may find someone more willing to look the other way & let you in.

It's something they are pretty strict about in the summer, when everyone tends to spill out of the CP hotel at the same time & everyone wants to enter Croker via the nearest gate, regardless of where their seat is. You'll be sent packing right sharpish, if you try to do that with a Cusack Stand ticket. Health & Safety and all that.

Dunno how strict they will be tomorrow, when they'll be doing well to get a crowd of 25,000. But get working on your scéal just in case.

Oh...and don't mention the rugby. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

Failing all that they'd hardly have screens showing the rugby in there? Not putting much faith in it.
    They showed the England v Ireland rugby match last year in Croke Park on St. Patrick's Day.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Too much rugby chat here :mad:

Slattsy wrote: »

Step up to the plate Slattsy (you even have one of the goy's names ffs :)

Put on the green jorsey, like.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Slattsy wrote: »

Yeah, we should just stop talking about how Monaghan play and focus on ourselves.

:pac:

CatInABox wrote: »
    Yeah, we should just stop talking about how Monaghan play and focus on ourselves.
    :pac:

#TeamOfUs ?

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭What.Now

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Fair dues to the Dorset St PP peeps for allowing terrace PP's be swapped for stand tickets. They used to be ok with it, but haven't been so cooperative the past couple of years. Blamed the GAA for only giving them the precise allocation for each. Not so yesterday. Thank God. Couldn't face the Hill in February. Does that make me a snowflake/pansy/sunshine supporter? Too damm bad if it does ! ;)

No just old

Step up to the plate Slattsy (you even have one of the goy's names ffs :)

Put on the green jorsey, like.

Never! Unless I puke on my Dublin jersey after broccoli soup.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Any word on the Donegal motion regarding Dublin playing their two games in Croker during the Super 8s?

I thought it was to be debated a few weeks back with the new rule changes. Cannot find any updates on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Any word on the Donegal motion regarding Dublin playing their two games in Croker during the Super 8s?

I thought it was to be debated a few weeks back with the new rule changes. Cannot find any updates on this.

I think it's going to a vote at Congress.

seligehgit wrote: »
    I think it's going to a vote at Congress.

Well that will put people on the spot. If delegates decide that Dublin ought only have one game - designated home - in CP then that would be a democratic and fair decision.

As anyone familiar with the Leinster council un until a few years ago will know, all the blowhard delegates going on about Dublin religiously voted to keep our footballers in CP and then went back home to whinge about it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭DiscoStew

Have the Dublin hurlers named their team to face Offaly yet?

Not seen it yet. Be a few changes by all accounts. I would guess O'Carroll back in full back maybe. Perhaps Rushie gone from full forward.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

• Advertisement

Fair play to Stoner eating his prawn sambos in the warmth of his selection box while the rest of us freeze our bollox off.

Hip flask helping but by god it's cold.

Lost all feeling in me fingers. Not gonna risk talking/typing about bubbles being pricked over in the rugger thread, coz God knows what it would come out as.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I'll tell you it was great. Came in at halftime got cozy again, watched the analysis. I'd 8 spare tickets too!!!

Great space for the mark out to the wings in the second half. Galway gave up hustling, lots of space.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,142 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Up in Clones last week but not in Croker this week. Good win though!

Galway left the thuggery for Supermacs, great to see for once, seemed strange watching them play clean. Hopefully their attitude stays that way.

The offensive mark in our back pocket, wink wink.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Wouldn't be surprised to see the mark in for the championship. It's not as if the people making these decisions have ever shown anything other than making it up as they go along.

Stoner wrote: »
    I'll tell you it was great. Came in at halftime got cozy again, watched the analysis. I'd 8 spare tickets too!!!

Get space for the mark out to the wings in the second half. Galway gave up hustling, lots of space.

You had 8 spare Selection boxes? Eight?

Who the heck are you? The CEO of our official silver polish sponsors?

It was cold.

Met a few East Fife supporters who some kind soul provided with freebie premiums in part compensation for what sounds like total embarrassing fk up which saw their game in Dalymount cancelled at 2.55! On account of frozen pitch!!!

Maybe Bohs should enter some fkn tropical losers competition :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,447 ✭✭✭donkey balls

It was cold.

Met a few East Fife supporters who some kind soul provided with freebie premiums in part compensation for what sounds like total embarrassing fk up which saw their game in Dalymount cancelled at 2.55! On account of frozen pitch!!!

Maybe Bohs should enter some fkn tropical losers competition :-)
    Met a few myself and gave them spare Hill tickets, Kinda reminds me of tbe Roscommon Dublin match 3 years ago at least with that match it was called off that morning not 5 mins before kick off.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

ProudDUB wrote:
    You had 8 spare Selection boxes? Eight?

There was very little interest in the game imo

I brought 8 and there was about that left. The other boxes looked the same.

I've never seen that before. I think the big rugby game and the cold kept people away. People seemed to be in the Aviva or it watching in the pub.

That's Dublin and Galway people.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement