Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin GAA Discussion Thread - Capital Punishment

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Time to go back to Parnell Park next season. All for having league matches in HQ if there’s 30k plus going but no need for it anymore.

Good win for the Dubs. Makes for a decent night next week in Tralee.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭Bonniedog

Time to go back to Parnell Park next season. All for having league matches in HQ if there’s 30k plus going but no need for it anymore.

Good win for the Dubs. Makes for a decent night next week in Tralee.

I think PP should be home for footballers too. Can always ask for a change if it is game that will obviously appeal to more than the 10,000 or so there last night.

East Fife jacket is disturbingly similar to Vinnies I also noted!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Don't forget the Skyline tour of Croker on Valentine's Day for all you old romantics out there.

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Don't forget the Skyline tour of Croker on Valentine's Day for all you old romantics out there.

Mmmm. "Yeah, she was just leaning over the railing to get a better view when she slipped..... " :D

Handy win for the hurlers. Good to see Whitley coming on and making a mark. Kenny starting to play him in proper role.

Big news is Galway drawing with Carlow! Must be biggest shock in league since Down beat Cats about 35 years ago?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Yeah & Galway had Big Joe out for a spin, so no excuses there. Carlow & Monaghan putting a lot of the so called "elite" counties, with much bigger populations to shame these days. But of course, it's always all our fault they're shyte.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,459 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Slattsy wrote: »
    Too much rugby chat here :mad:

I did not even know the rugby was on until a few days ago (that is how much attention I paid to it).

The funny part was fella I know to see in pub asked me on Friday.... so did you get a ticket for the match?

Yeah I said, got it earlier on :)

Fair play says he, all excited.:eek:

There will only be about 20k at it though. :cool:

He looked at me puzzled. :confused:

It was only later I realised he was on about the oval game. :D

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

I did not even know it was on until a few days ago (that is how much attention I paid to it).

The funny part was fella I know to see in pub asked me on Friday so did you get a ticket for the match?

Yeah I said, got it earlier on :)
    Fair play says he all excited.:eek:
    There will only be about 20k at it though. :cool:
    He looked at me puzzled. :confused:

It was only later I realised he was on about the oval game. :D

Just as well that the D4 luuvies decided that hockey is the new "hortbeat of the nation." :)

Was hoping that their humiliation would have been deferred until the World Cup, but sure you can't have everything :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Just as well that the D4 luuvies decided that hockey is the new "hortbeat of the nation." :)

Was hoping that their humiliation would have been deferred until the World Cup, but sure you can't have everything :(

Two bouts of humiliation would do just nicely.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,301 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Bonniedog wrote: »
    Handy win for the hurlers. Good to see Whitley coming on and making a mark. Kenny starting to play him in proper role.

Big news is Galway drawing with Carlow! Must be biggest shock in league since Down beat Cats about 35 years ago?

Yeah, I was a little surprised to see our hurlers struggle against Carlow, but today has put that game in perspective a little, Carlow are obviously better than I gave them credit for.

• Advertisement

CatInABox wrote: »
    Yeah, I was a little surprised to see our hurlers struggle against Carlow, but today has put that game in perspective a little, Carlow are obviously better than I gave them credit for.

They are good. One of the best records of any team in country over last few years if you look at their results in Christy Ring, McDonagh and 2A. Don't get beaten often and I'd say are now well ahead of Offaly and Laois.

Kavanagh is excellent chf and free taker. Would get a place on any team.

More tickets available now on tickets.ie for the Kerry game for anyone looking for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 BACfiar

CatInABox wrote: »

mighty win for carlow. hopefully they can keep it going now

Connolly in and Sherlock out according to reports this morning (Off the Ball via a redtop rag, so make of that what you will).

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭TCM

I thought they had already won the 6 nations Grand Slam and the 9 nations World Cup. Go on the GAA.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Connolly in and Sherlock out according to reports this morning (Off the Ball via a redtop rag, so make of that what you will).

Ya wha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

I don't know whether I imagined it or not but I was under the distinct impression that Jayo mentioned before Christmas he was taking a back seat with the senior set up to concentrate on the Dev squads and the minor squad this year in particular - but those ragtops never refuse ink or as chubby brown eloquently put it, if you wipe yer arse with one more **** would come off the paper

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

DoctaDee wrote:
    but those ragtops never refuse ink or as chubby brown eloquently put it, if you wipe yer arse with one more **** would come off the paper

Lol I'd forgotten that one 😂

Sherlock probably has his work done with the seniors, could pop in for less frequent sessions. I think he'd work very well with the development squads, get the lads a bit younger have them playing with their heads up.

He couldn't kick a point from distance, but as a player he was an excellent passer of the ball, particularly when the area was packed with players. I'd say he's a good coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭frankled

Have one man in the car tomorrow who doesn't have a season ticket, if anyone who is not going down would like theirs scanned let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭kilns

You are danger of sounding like the one whos name shall not be mentioned around here

• Advertisement

I hope BOTH are playing tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 18,459 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

For the first time in a long while I am not overly confident of Dublin football team winning.
    Kerry seem to be flying and Dublin have not fully woken up from thier hibernation state.
    In my head this is a modern lite version of the 75 all-ireland Kerry young guns v the battle hardened Dubs.
    I hope the result is different obviously.
    Dublin don't want to be given these young Kerry footballers any notions then they already have, - Kerry footballers are born with notions.

Not only do I want a win for Dublin I want a win where it firmly puts Kerry in thier place and keep those notions in check a bit. Go to thier backyard and show them who are the top dogs.
    I think it is important that Dublin win it.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Not only do I want a win for Dublin I want a win where it firmly puts Kerry in thier place and keep those notions in check a bit. Go to thier backyard and show them who are the top dogs. I think it is important that Dublin win it.

I don't know, they are really only back they had two games and a win against Kerry would tell us little now. A loss might

I think Mayo are stronger than Kerry

Slattsy wrote: »
    Ya wha

DC back training with Vincents and doing some S&C stuff on the side with Bryan Cullen. Alledgely.

Jayo gone for a reason that sounds so daft, am not even gonna give it legs here. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭bren2001

ProudDUB wrote: »
    DC back training with Vincents and doing some S&C stuff on the side with Bryan Cullen. Alledgely.

Jayo gone for a reason that sounds so daft, am not even gonna give it legs here. :rolleyes:

What's the supposed daft reason?

bren2001 wrote: »
    What's the supposed daft reason?

The one I just said I wasn't going to give legs to here?

Do you need me to draw you a picture? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭MFPM

For the first time in a long while I am not overly confident of Dublin football team winning.
    Kerry seem to be flying and Dublin have not fully woken up from thier hibernation state.
    In my head this is a modern lite version of the 75 all-ireland Kerry young guns v the battle hardened Dubs.
    I hope the result is different obviously.
    Dublin don't want to be given these young Kerry footballers any notions then they already have, - Kerry footballers are born with notions.

Not only do I want a win for Dublin I want a win where it firmly puts Kerry in thier place and keep those notions in check a bit. Go to thier backyard and show them who are the top dogs.
    I think it is important that Dublin win it.

There is alot of hype around Kerry in part because commentators want a team to rival Dublin and in part because of the minors coming through but let's not forget there was the equivalent hype last year and look what happened.

Kerry were fairly poor against Cavan last weeend. I hope Dublin win tomorrow but it's no big deal if they don't.

I think Monaghan and Mayo are ahead of Kerry when it comes to the AI.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭PingTing comes for Fire

MFPM wrote: »
    There is alot of hype around Kerry in part because commentators want a team to rival Dublin and in part because of the minors coming through but let's not forget there was the equivalent hype last year and look what happened.

Kerry were fairly poor against Cavan last weeend. I hope Dublin win tomorrow but it's no big deal if they don't.

I think Monaghan and Mayo are ahead of Kerry when it comes to the AI.

Will they have new players in midfield this year?

Or will the new management get better out of what's there?

David Moran is not particularly mobile, wasn't impressive last summer and is now over 30yrs.

Jack Barry has been talked up for a few years but never really delivered in the championship and was lack luster in the summer gone. Still only 23 though.

Mayo will be comfortably better than Kerry this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,158 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Mayo will be comfortably better than Kerry this year.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen Mayo comfortably winning a game ever.
    They won’t be. If they do meet there will be max 2 points in it either way.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement