Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The big E3 discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

fergus1001 wrote: »
    Hoping for a proper pokemon game for the switch so I can pay 300 euro for one game

My thoughts exactly, that series is the only reason I've ever owned most Nintendo systems. A proper Switch title along the lines of a fuller and longer Colosseum or XD and they'd instantly have my money. They can still leave the top-down series on handheld, but a proper RPG on a home console (based on the same game system and concepts, of course) would be amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Battlefield will be streaming some of the night maps in a few mins if any interest:

https://www.twitch.tv/battlefield

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

How come there has never been a proper AAA prison based RPG game? Always seemed like a better option than what A Way Out looks to be, a linear story driven rip off of Prison Break.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭dunworth1

there was this never played it myself

prison-break-the-conspiracy-german-pal-front-cover-31534.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

martyos121 wrote: »
    My thoughts exactly, that series is the only reason I've ever owned most Nintendo systems. A proper Switch title along the lines of a fuller and longer Colosseum or XD and they'd instantly have my money. They can still leave the top-down series on handheld, but a proper RPG on a home console (based on the same game system and concepts, of course) would be amazing.

i dont see them doing it tbh, they make too much money from having a dedicated handheld device and the only thing that really sells those anymore is pokemon imo. Put a main pokemon rpg onto the switch and theve killed off the ds4 or whatever it will be called

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Jamiekelly wrote:
    How come there has never been a proper AAA prison based RPG game? Always seemed like a better option than what A Way Out looks to be, a linear story driven rip off of Prison Break.

I've never understood why there has never been a game where you play a cop. I know there are stuff like LA Noire or Deadly Premonition but I want a game where I can arrest random people for nothing & express my authoritah!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Jamiekelly wrote: »

Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay would like a word with ya :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,827 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Arkham games. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,678 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

True Crime LA was a class cop game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Arkham games. :pac:

What???? Serious?? I'm not watching but that would make my day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,790 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Have not been keeping up with much pre E3 stuff but looking forward to more on Far Cry and Assassins Creed. Hope they will show stuff on FF7 remake and Kingdom Hearts 3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Another pic of Anthem, Biowares new game. Least there is a definite reason to watch Microsofts conference now :p

JiUVtnP.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

They look like Power Rangers on steroids. I'm trying to figure out if that's a good thing or not. :D

Anyone play dark void? That what that Anthem screen reminds me of :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

martyos121 wrote: »
    They look like Power Rangers on steroids. I'm trying to figure out if that's a good thing or not. :D

Tommy: Dragonzord!
    Zack: Mastodon!
    Kimberly: Pterodactyl!
    Billy: Triceratops!
    Trini: Saber-Toothed Tiger!
    Jason: Tyrannosaurus!

You just know that's what they are shouting behin those masks! :o

What???? Serious?? I'm not watching but that would make my day.

Nooo. Sorry for getting your hopes up. It was a reply to the OT chat about how few games are set in prisons. Sorry!

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay would like a word with ya :D

Loved that game, it wasn't really an RPG though. Over 13 years ago since it came out as well :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

No Skate
    No Fight Night
    No UFC

Dissapointing press conference for me.

Prison game looks decent but looks like a game that will be on EA access after 3 or 4 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

J. Marston wrote: »
    Why won't that franchise just die already?

Assassain's Creed is still good. I can't wait for the next one. Black Flag is one of my favorite games ever along with with Brotherhood, I've enjoyed every single one of them. Even the movie isn't that bad.

Why won't that franchise die?

Don't be that guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,737 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Another pic of Anthem, Biowares new game. Least there is a definite reason to watch Microsofts conference now :p

JiUVtnP.jpg

Bioware jetpacks! Gonna avoid that like it's got the crabs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

Half life 3 calling it now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭fergus1001

i dont see them doing it tbh, they make too much money from having a dedicated handheld device and the only thing that really sells those anymore is pokemon imo. Put a main pokemon rpg onto the switch and theve killed off the ds4 or whatever it will be called

They have merged there handheld and home console devisions, the switch is there new hand held and the ds will be phased out

Andrew Wilson, on Anthem;
    This game is built around a live service, and through our creative process, we've decided to add more to the disruptive new social designs for our players.

Can someone translate please?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Micro transactions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

@Darch Nemesis

Always online restriction?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Jesus divine...Just saw snippets of EA's conference............Cringe fest !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭lawlolawl

Online only game with a bunch of micro-transactions and very little content that you 'make you own fun' in by running the same content over and over, i would guess.

It's EAs attempt at Destiny.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

JiUVtnP.jpg

Dragon age inquisition fooled me, not again bioware i said..
    Andromeda fooled me not again bioware i said.....

But this dylan/anthem looks good*

*fast forward some time in 2018/2019

I got fooled again....:(

Some on Facebook are already calling it "Call of Destiny, Advanced Halo Warfare"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Another reason i ditched ****book. Jaysis !!

Advertisement