Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The big E3 discussion thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I really want Sony to start delivering the goods on exclusives because so far they have been nothing but disappointments for me outside of Bloodborne.
    First party wise? Well outside of God of War, Days Gone and TLOU2, there's Dreams on the way from Media Molecule, Sucker Punch are due an announcement for their follow up project to Infamous 3 and I guess Foster City are probably co-producing something else as a follow up to Helldivers. Japan Studio are still on Deep Down but they're big enough to have multiple projects on the go so maybe something from them?

Outside of the first party guys, there's Spider-man from Insomniac and I guess we could see something early from Supermassive after Until Dawn too? To be honest though, with the above games on the schedule, I'd be surprised if Sony have much more on the go in terms of larger scale projects.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Sega and Atlus lineup.

Total War: Warhammer II
    Total War: Arena
    Sonic Mania
    Sonic Forces
    Yakuza 6: The Song of Life
    Yakuza Kiwami
    13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim
    Etrian Odyssey V: Beyond the Myth
    Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology
    Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey Redux

• Registered Users Posts: 28,964 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Cup of tea please ? :pac:

Now you're pushing it.

As was saying in the Nintendo dection, with the announcement of the Syberia games on Switch, I wouldn't mind seeing more adventure games or even a Zack & Wiki sequel. Maybe more about the new Travis Touchdown game, which I assume is No More Heroes 3.

And from Sony side, i don't think I said it, but whatever Sucker Punch is working on.

• Doom 2016 sequal
    One can dream

Oh and TLOU2 PS4 / Metroid for the Switch or gtfo e3

Maybe a Bioshock sequal

Ah sure HL3 while I'm at it

• Registered Users Posts: 29,677 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Demon's's Soul's's remaster would be sooooo gooooood. TLOU 2 gameplay would be nice and a release date this year would be nicer.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,119 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

gizmo wrote: »
    First party wise? Well outside of God of War, Days Gone and TLOU2, there's Dreams on the way from Media Molecule, Sucker Punch are due an announcement for their follow up project to Infamous 3 and I guess Foster City are probably co-producing something else as a follow up to Helldivers. Japan Studio are still on Deep Down but they're big enough to have multiple projects on the go so maybe something from them?

Outside of the first party guys, there's Spider-man from Insomniac and I guess we could see something early from Supermassive after Until Dawn too? To be honest though, with the above games on the schedule, I'd be surprised if Sony have much more on the go in terms of larger scale projects.

Outside of TLOU 2 they kind of look a bit meh to me. I was just so disappointed with how boring Uncharted 4 is I can't get excited about these games, although hopefully they surprise me the way Horizon did. Probably good games but nothing really weird. Some more Japan Studio stuff would be nice, they seem to the ones that fill out a Sony consoles catalogue with weirder projects like Gravity Days or Parappa.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Doge

I wonder if we will see an update on Days Gone. The live orchestra playing to the demo last year was epic and tense.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,119 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Doge wrote: »
    I wonder if we will see an update on Days Gone. The live orchestra playing to the demo last year was epic and tense.

I want to see more of that game, what has been shown hasn't filled me with confidence so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Doge

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I want to see more of that game, what has been shown hasn't filled me with confidence so far.

Yeah it could get boring really fast but technically it looks amazing. How theyre able to spawn so many zombies at screen at once on a standard PS4 is mind boggling.

Doge wrote: »
    Yeah it could get boring really fast but technically it looks amazing. How theyre able to spawn so many zombies at screen at once on a standard PS4 is mind boggling.

I'm worried about the if it has the gameplay to back it up. They showed some situational physics and stuff but it will depend on how much that actually plays into the game and if there's more variety there. All it looks like is walking backwards and shooting, something ID realised was boring during Doom 2016 development and made a cracker of a game avoiding it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,827 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Doom 2016 sequal
    One can dream

Yeah, I wouldn't be opposed to that at all! Although I reckon Bethesda's showings will be a new Wolfenstein and/or Evil Within maybe.

Any chance of a glimpse of Visceral's SW title??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Yeah, I wouldn't be opposed to that at all! Although I reckon Bethesda's showings will be a new Wolfenstein and/or Evil Within maybe.

Any chance of a glimpse of Visceral's SW title??

Might be mistaken but I thought it was a new IP from Bethesda?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Venom wrote: »
    It could be both. MachineGames and Tango Gameworks, developers of Wolfenstein and Evil Within respectively, are both subsidiaries of Zenimax and should each have new games to announce soon.

Ah, I had heard of a new IP alright, but in the context of them advertising for new hires. So I assumed it'd be too early to see anything of the new project. Good news that it will be there.

Still, "new IP" rules out that Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth remaster/remake that we all I want. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭dunworth1

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Doom 2016 sequal
    One can dream

Oh and TLOU2 PS4 / Metroid for the Switch or gtfo e3

Maybe a Bioshock sequal

Ah sure HL3 while I'm at it

way too soon for doom though

metroid is possible though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Ah, I had heard of a new IP alright, but in the context of them advertising for new hires. So I assumed it'd be too early to see anything of the new project. Good news that it will be there.

Still, "new IP" rules out that Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth remaster/remake that we all I want. :o

I so want a good Call of Cthulhu game. Seriously, when you consider how awesome the lore is, how is this not a thing :(

dunworth1 wrote: »
    way too soon for doom though

metroid is possible though

Could be a 2D metroid for switch. Retro studios don't have the man power anymore for a prime type game.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I so want a good Call of Cthulhu game. Seriously, when you consider how awesome the lore is, how is this not a thing :(

Mainly because when the indescribable horrors are designed and rendered in a game, they lose the impact they had. I still think Eternal Darkness was possibly the best Lovecraftian style game to date.

We have one. It's called Bloodborne.

EA conference live in the next half hour.

https://twitter.com/IGN/status/873601159537340417

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Praying for some UFC 3 footage in this. The leaked footage of Battlefront 2 that they're going to officially reveal tonight is meant to look great, but then again so did the first one and look how that turned out. :pac:

martyos121 wrote: »
    Praying for some UFC 3 footage in this. The leaked footage of Battlefront 2 that they're going to officially reveal tonight is meant to look great, but then again so did the first one and look how that turned out. :pac:

Possible UFC 3 footage is the whole reason I'm gonna watch it live.

Actually, I'm looking forward to NBA live 18 footage. I would absolutely love for it to come out and kick NBA 2K's arse.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Madden story mode confirmed, looks promising.

Wish they'd bring Madden back to PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

I am learning so much about games :pac:

I didn't know they do all that. Hate the PR :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Is Snoop Dogg playing Battlefront 2 this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Now for the paid off YouTubers :p

Uuuuggghh ****ing yootoobers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Slipping the token German in there. :D

Advertisement