Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer 2017 - Tax, Audit & Compliance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Springdale17

Do you have any idea what number they're at now? I remember getting an e-mail from them the week before xmas which implied that there was 10-15 positions left for the January intake at that point so I would imagine it's a fair bit higher now.
    I’m between 155 and 160 and have not received a call to date. Think I just missed out judging by previous posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jw_sweetman

I wouldn't completely rule out the possibility of them recruiting more for before September. I know that they sometime have an extra intake in April and that they're placing a bunch of new AOs at the moment who are also included in the diploma course.

Has anyone else from the 2017 panel gotten any updates?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 neilie22

No. I contacted Revenue about a week ago via email for an update but didn't get a reply. Anyone else hear anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Shredda23

No I have had no updates, are you all waiting to get offered another area? Or have you accepted Dublin/Cork/Tralee?

• Advertisement

I'm holding out for Dublin as I know they have a bunch of vacancies that they didn't fill on time for January. Reckon they might establish another intake for April as I hear they sometimes do this for EO jobs.

I got a reply to my email asking if they had any news of the next intake:

“Unfortunately we have no information on upcoming posts.”

Sounds like we might have a wait on our hands folks.

E-mailed them 2/3 week ago asking them if they were still recruiting for the January intake. They told me that the would still recruit from the panel as emergency vacancies arose. From my experience, if you ask them for anything other than your position in the order of merit they tend to be very reluctant to provide information so I'd take that with a punch of salt.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Shredda23

Hi thread followers, just a note to say I got offered a position in the North West. They must be doing another hiring drive this month. I was in top 30 on panel and had originally declined Dublin and Cork. The HR guy did not say how many more positions were being offered though. Best of luck to who ever else is waiting for an offer.

Thats great news, well done! Just wondering, are they recruiting from the top of the panel again or are they still operating panels for different locations like they did last year?

• Advertisement

Shredda23 wrote: »
    Hi thread followers, just a note to say I got offered a position in the North West. They must be doing another hiring drive this month. I was in top 30 on panel and had originally declined Dublin and Cork. The HR guy did not say how many more positions were being offered though. Best of luck to who ever else is waiting for an offer.

Anyone on here get a call this week?

Apparently there has been movement on the internal EO panel and also the 2017 AO panel over the last week according to the other threads. Has anyone here been called recently?

Apparently there has been movement on the internal EO panel and also the 2017 AO panel over the last week according to the other threads. Has anyone here been called recently?

Not a peep. I thought there would have been some activity as an earlier poster got a call about a position in the Northwest at the end of January.

Hi I was between 155 and 160 got a call last week. I’m going through the process at the moment (sent off certs and Garda vetting) all the best to those still waiting.

Hi I was between 155 and 160 got a call last week. I’m going through the process at the moment (sent off certs and Garda vetting) all the best to those still waiting.

What location were you offered?

neilie22 wrote: »
    What location were you offered?

Dublin

Thats great news. Did they give any indication as to how many they were recruiting for Dublin? From what I've heard the civil service is having loads of trouble recruiting and retaining staff there.

Thats great news. Did they give any indication as to how many they were recruiting for Dublin? From what I've heard the civil service is having loads of trouble recruiting and retaining staff there.

No indication of how many recruits, sorry.

Out of curiosity, what start date did they give you? In the 180s so hoping to get offered a position in Dublin in the next few weeks seeing as they're having a lot of difficulty recruiting in the area so if anyone else has any update on the panel I'd be extremely grateful.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Board.surf

I'm really confused about all of this. I was in the top 50, turned down Dublin as they couldn't even tell me where in Dublin the job would be and I was never offered Cork or Tralee. Now I am being asked if I would consider Ennis, as they are just gauging interest. If I remember correctly, the salary is 28k (?) which wouldnt really merit a move closer to Dublin either (in my circustances).

I would have considered Cork. Why wasn't I offered it?

• Advertisement

Maybe this has something to do with it?

http://forsatradeunion.newsweaver.com/designtest/1skapvfdjze

• Registered Users Posts: 30 tommy101

Board.surf wrote: »
    I'm going to have to turn down Dublin, Kerry, Cork. They wouldn't even specify where in Dublin the position would be stationed. It could add an hour to someones commute depending on dublin location. I assume dub 2, so I'm saddened that I'll have to reject.

I'll stay on the panel, but I doubt something closer will come up.

Maybe this is the reason why!

Noticed that the internal EO panel seems to be moving pretty fast for Dublin. Anyone heard anything back from this panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 pdawg092

Any update on where this panel is now?

tommy101 wrote: »
    Maybe this is the reason why!

That was because I expected to be offered Cork, Kerry etc due to the conversations on here. But I wasn't. Just offered Dublin. Cork and Kerry never came and at the time it seemed like too but if a move. In reality, I would have thought about cork and Kerry and really considered the move.

Anyone know if they've started recruiting again? E-mailed them 3 weeks ago for a panel placing but still haven't heard anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭dragonflyblue

Have heard positions in Dublin are being offered and starting date in late August

Probably going to drop out of this and never apply to revenue again. Their recruitment processes are completely incompetent. They want people to be in one place for 6 months and then another place for 6 months for training. During those periods, you also must spend 1 week per month in a seperate location. No actual or factual information was forthcoming in writing about locations but they expect you to just accept this kind of arrangement without details. No information about reimbursement for travel or ssubsistence. No information in writing has been received regarding the position. Just generic emails regarding expression of interest in locations. Offers made by phone and not in writing.

It's the equivalent of a grade IV in salary. The "master's" promised is actually a level 7 qualification. With the housing shortage as it is, and no support from the employer, how is one expected to have two places to live on this salary. I hope that someone with very flexible arrangements can be happy in this position, but if you aren't a graduate, or are currently employed, I don't see how you can commit to this mess. Let alone up and move for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭dragonflyblue

And there's a new competition advertised now. Not exactly same format as for this competition though.
    Board.surf wrote: »
    Probably going to drop out of this and never apply to revenue again. Their recruitment processes are completely incompetent. They want people to be in one place for 6 months and then another place for 6 months for training. During those periods, you also must spend 1 week per month in a seperate location. No actual or factual information was forthcoming in writing about locations but they expect you to just accept this kind of arrangement without details. No information about reimbursement for travel or ssubsistence. No information in writing has been received regarding the position. Just generic emails regarding expression of interest in locations. Offers made by phone and not in writing.

It's the equivalent of a grade IV in salary. The "master's" promised is actually a level 7 qualification. With the housing shortage as it is, and no support from the employer, how is one expected to have two places to live on this salary. I hope that someone with very flexible arrangements can be happy in this position, but if you aren't a graduate, or are currently employed, I don't see how you can commit to this mess. Let alone up and move for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭DeanoG14

And there's a new competition advertised now. Not exactly same format as for this competition though.

Looks like they've learned from the previous campaign and asked location preferences prior to interviews.

Advertisement