Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Executive Officer 2017 - Tax, Audit & Compliance

15678911»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭monkeylover10

Are they just guaging interest or offering positions then or is it both? Thought I read someone mention Ennis a while back. Haven't hear d anything about cork. The wait is a killer esp. as you don't even know if there will be intakes in the areas we want.

The email I received was just gauging interest for Limerick & Nenagh so nothing definite.
    It's true, the uncertainty is unreal. I don't know what to do cos if I don't express an interest in Limerick & Cork doesn't come up before panel runs out in September, I'm back to square one.
    Limerick is over an hour journey on a bad road whereas Cork is about 40 mins on a motorway...

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭TheHopeful

The 2 people I know were actually offered positions in these 2 locations. 1 at the end of last week and 1 early this week. They both accepted Limerick.

TheHopeful wrote: »
    The 2 people I know were actually offered positions in these 2 locations. 1 at the end of last week and 1 early this week. They both accepted Limerick.

First email yesterday was gauging interest in either Limerick or Nenagh location.

Just got second email asking if I was interested in offer of Limerick or Nenagh.

I said Limerick to both emails. Does this mean they are actually offering me a position?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭dragonflyblue

First email yesterday was gauging interest in either Limerick or Nenagh location.

Just got second email asking if I was interested in offer of Limerick or Nenagh.

I said Limerick to both emails. Does this mean they are actually offering me a position?

Congrats!

Sounds like the second email is the offer.

Congrats!

Sounds like the second email is the offer.

@dragonflyblue, it does alright, I think???. I didn't hear anymore since. My preferred location would be Cork as Limerick is a little further away. I've decided if this is an offer, to take limerick. Does this panel run out in September or October? I don't want to risk not taking it & then Cork not being on offer. Are you waiting on a specific location? I was in the 170s on the panel & didn't hold out much hope to be honest.
    I have applied again but it was first time I did an online assessment & didn't feel very confident when I had it completed.

@dragonflyblue, it does alright, I think???. I didn't hear anymore since. My preferred location would be Cork as Limerick is a little further away. I've decided if this is an offer, to take limerick. Does this panel run out in September or October? I don't want to risk not taking it & then Cork not being on offer. Are you waiting on a specific location? I was in the 170s on the panel & didn't hold out much hope to be honest.
    I have applied again but it was first time I did an online assessment & didn't feel very confident when I had it completed.

I'm the same. Nenagh would suit but would travel to Limerick as even though journey is longer road is good. Am in the early 180s but haven't received any offer just expression of interest for limk/nenagh. Would say yes to either as like you would be afraid no other place would be offered. Not sure exactly when panel runs out. Did you get a start date?

I'm the same. Nenagh would suit but would travel to Limerick as even though journey is longer road is good. Am in the early 180s but haven't received any offer just expression of interest for limk/nenagh. Would say yes to either as like you would be afraid no other place would be offered. Not sure exactly when panel runs out. Did you get a start date?

Nothing yet, last correspondence from them was yesterday morning asking if I was interested in an offer, so not actually giving me the offer...they'd hardly tease me like that, would they!!!! Hopefully I'll hear something today.
    If you're in the early 180s you're in with a good chance I'd imagine... I heard there is training to start in Limerick for September.
    My hope would be if I got a position in Limerick, I would put in for transfer to Cork. I think I have to wait 2yrs until training is complete..but I'd get over that... better in than out!!!

Nothing yet, last correspondence from them was yesterday morning asking if I was interested in an offer, so not actually giving me the offer...they'd hardly tease me like that, would they!!!! Hopefully I'll hear something today.
    If you're in the early 180s you're in with a good chance I'd imagine... I heard there is training to start in Limerick for September.
    My hope would be if I got a position in Limerick, I would put in for transfer to Cork. I think I have to wait 2yrs until training is complete..but I'd get over that... better in than out!!!

Ah no they wouldn't ask if you if you were interested in a position and then not give it to you surely. 2 years us grand to wait out and that will be mostly training anyway. Definitely put in for a transfer as soon as you start.
    Don't think I'll get an offer. I would imaging they would have sent out all the offers for places around the same time so seeing as I haven't gotten anything leads me to believe I might have missed my chance unless someone offered declined maybe.

On holidays this week and am glued to my phone!

Ah no they wouldn't ask if you if you were interested in a position and then not give it to you surely. 2 years us grand to wait out and that will be mostly training anyway. Definitely put in for a transfer as soon as you start.
    Don't think I'll get an offer. I would imaging they would have sent out all the offers for places around the same time so seeing as I haven't gotten anything leads me to believe I might have missed my chance unless someone offered declined maybe.

On holidays this week and am glued to my phone!

Hi dragonflyblue, got a call today. He told me limerick has been filled. To say I was disappointed was an understatement😥😥
    However, he did say a vacancy had become available in Thurles, so I said yes. He said because of my qualifications I don't have to do 2yr training. I'll be doing training approx 1 day a month in kilkenny for about 7 months. My start date is Sept 10th. I can't believe it. In fact Thurles is handier than Cork, mostly motorway & no real heavy traffic.... I had mentioned previously in an email replying to locations that were offered (Dublin, Dundalk, Waterford) that they didn't suit but Cork or Thurles would...

Why don't you ring & ask where you are on the panel now & if there will be any places in Nenagh.
    Did you apply again for the new competition?

• Advertisement

Hi dragonflyblue, got a call today. He told me limerick has been filled. To say I was disappointed was an understatement😥😥
    However, he did say a vacancy had become available in Thurles, so I said yes. He said because of my qualifications I don't have to do 2yr training. I'll be doing training approx 1 day a month in kilkenny for about 7 months. My start date is Sept 10th. I can't believe it. In fact Thurles is handier than Cork, mostly motorway & no real heavy traffic.... I had mentioned previously in an email replying to locations that were offered (Dublin, Dundalk, Waterford) that they didn't suit but Cork or Thurles would...

Why don't you ring & ask where you are on the panel now & if there will be any places in Nenagh.
    Did you apply again for the new competition?

Ah no monkeylover10 that is a real bummer!
    Why would they ask if you were interested in an offer for limerick after they had just asked you if you would be interested in limerick or nenagh previously? Makes no sense that there were no places... Maybe they had to fill a position from some other place or something. Did you query that with your man?

On the plus side you don't have to sit through long periods of training and the commute is better so congrats on that!

Not going to bother to be honest. The positions have been filled and once they are filled they won't be looking again until that class is finished. Didn't bother going this time round for a number of reasons but I was factoring in the idea of training and if positions were available for one year they wouldn't be the next year round.

Might be sorry now but sure might try next time round again.

Actually does anyone know how many are starting in limerick and how many of them are nenagh positions once training is complete?

Best of luck with the position.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 sybil2000

Is their a thread open for the 2018 campaign

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭jw_sweetman

Does anyone know what the dress code is like for Revenue audit staff? Due to start at the end of this month but can't find out anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Densey12

Does anyone know what the dress code is like for Revenue audit staff? Due to start at the end of this month but can't find out anywhere.

Hi jw_sweetman

I was the exact same when starting January gone ! It’s smart casual , especially if you are going to be doing the diploma . On days you are out of the office i.e meeting taxpayers and agents , , it’s smart then ! But in general Revenue is smart casual!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 pdawg092

I ended up turning down Dublin, they did mention there would be positions arising in Waterford, anybody get any offers for Waterford?

Densey12 wrote: »
    Hi jw_sweetman

I was the exact same when starting January gone ! It’s smart casual , especially if you are going to be doing the diploma . On days you are out of the office i.e meeting taxpayers and agents , , it’s smart then ! But in general Revenue is smart casual!

Hi Densey12, I'm starting in Revenue in September and will be doing the diploma also. I was just wondering how are you getting on. The training/diploma last for 6 months, is this correct? Have you been meeting taxpayers/agents since you started or do you have to finish the diploma first? I'm looking forward to starting and was delighted to get an offer before the panel expired. Thanks in advance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭ThumbTaxed

pdawg092 wrote: »
    I ended up turning down Dublin, they did mention there would be positions arising in Waterford, anybody get any offers for Waterford?

I heard Waterford was offered. 10 EOs starting in Sep. Ring them back and see if Waterford is available as I heard they rang a few people twice.

Densey12 wrote: »
    Hi jw_sweetman

Hi Densey12, I'm starting in Revenue in September and will be doing the diploma also. I was just wondering how are you getting on. The training/diploma last for 6 months, is this correct? Have you been meeting taxpayers/agents since you started or do you have to finish the diploma first? I'm looking forward to starting and was delighted to get an offer before the panel expired. Thanks in advance.

The diploma is 2 to 3 years depending on how intense they put on the classes... Usually 2 years now. Otherwise qualified accountants etc can do 13 week training which is not assessed but is there to help with audit work etc

Dress code! Ha... I won't go there but it certainly isn't Milan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭sadista

Hi guys, sorry to drag up an old thread :P Just wondering how all of you who started in January are getting on? Whats the job/training like and if you could shed some light on how the pay scale/increments work I'd be eternally grateful :D
    Hoping to hear back regarding an interview date soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭BJG524

Would anyone that was placed off this panel be able to shed any light on the training/type of work they are doing etc?

Am on the current panel but am v unsure of what will be required in the role.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭jw_sweetman

Got in last years competition. Started at the end of August in Dublin. I'm split between classes for the diploma in D'olier st and practical training in Lansdowne road. The diplomas a level 7 qualification so it's not too bad. Classes are held during work hours and over the past two months it's been a 50-50 split between classes and training.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭delricyo

Got in last years competition. Started at the end of August in Dublin. I'm split between classes for the diploma in D'olier st and practical training in Lansdowne road. The diplomas a level 7 qualification so it's not too bad. Classes are held during work hours and over the past two months it's been a 50-50 split between classes and training.

Fairly sure that the diploma is a level 6. The degree is a level 8

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭PCX

delricyo wrote: »
    Fairly sure that the diploma is a level 6. The degree is a level 8

The diploma is level 7. I have previously confirmed this with UL who award it.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Dariunmes1

Hi I’m currently on the 2018 panel for Louth.
    What way does the training work for this? Will I be based in Dublin for the duration of the training - full 2 years and then be transferred or what way does it work? Really confused ...

• Registered Users Posts: 13 FoxyLoxy4

Hi all,

I know this is an old thread but I'm wondering for this panel when were the final offers sent out/received?! Im on the 2018 panel but haven't got any offer as of yet and Im wondering is it too late at this stage. Any advice would be appreciated!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭CZ 453

FoxyLoxy4 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I know this is an old thread but I'm wondering for this panel when were the final offers sent out/received?! Im on the 2018 panel but haven't got any offer as of yet and Im wondering is it too late at this stage. Any advice would be appreciated!

Here are the dates I worked out based on the calls for 2017 before. It was a national panel then so it wasn't broken down to regions in the calls.

Various locations(with people turning down locations and waiting on panel for preferred location)(one chap waiting on Northwest Ranked top 30 until 27/1/2018 for offer)
    26th Oct Results out
    27th Oct Rank 1-5 called
    3rd Nov Rank 1-50 called
    6th Nov Rank 75-100 called
    7th Nov Rank 105-110 called
    16th Nov Rank 120's Speculation called
    22nd Nov Rank 135 Speculation called
    24th Nov Rank 135-140 called
    5th Dec Rank 150+ speculation called
    12th Dec - 7th Jan 2018 Rank 155-160 not called
    15th Feb 2018 Rank 155-160 called
    7th June 2018 Rank 160s called

• Registered Users Posts: 13 FoxyLoxy4

CZ 453 wrote: »
    Here are the dates I worked out based on the calls for 2017 before. It was a national panel then so it wasn't broken down to regions in the calls.

Various locations(with people turning down locations and waiting on panel for preferred location)(one chap waiting on Northwest Ranked top 30 until 27/1/2018 for offer)
    26th Oct Results out
    27th Oct Rank 1-5 called
    3rd Nov Rank 1-50 called
    6th Nov Rank 75-100 called
    7th Nov Rank 105-110 called
    16th Nov Rank 120's Speculation called
    22nd Nov Rank 135 Speculation called
    24th Nov Rank 135-140 called
    5th Dec Rank 150+ speculation called
    12th Dec - 7th Jan 2018 Rank 155-160 not called
    15th Feb 2018 Rank 155-160 called
    7th June 2018 Rank 160s called

Thanks for your reply! I was ranked in the 120s in the original national rankings and am still awaiting an offer so am losing hope. Hopefully something might happen yet but it's hard to know at this stage.

Thanks again 👍

Advertisement