Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer 2017 - Tax, Audit & Compliance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭jw_sweetman

According to the other thread they recruited 100 last year and the year before for Jan so hopefully its the same this time around. I called Revenue last week to make an inquiry about my place in the panel. They gave me an e-mail address which I messaged last week but have yet to receive a response from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Densey12

Last Jan they started 20 in 4 locations (Dublin, Limerick, Kilkenny and Cork) then they started another 20 in Dublin in sept.
    Some one said here that in interview they were told that there was 60 vacancies for Dublin . If ten starting in Cork and Kerry is true then I would think they are taking in 80 again in January! Hopefully more then after!

Thanks for that. Does anyone have any idea what number the panel is at now? Personally hoping to get offered Dublin for January with a bit of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Densey12

Thanks for that. Does anyone have any idea what number the panel is at now? Personally hoping to get offered Dublin for January with a bit of luck.

Best of Luck!!! Fingers crossed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 catkitten

From what I hear they are ringing people who are 150+ on panel. Where are you on panel

Good luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 Rosie110

I was 130+ and am starting in January

catkitten wrote: »
    From what I hear they are ringing people who are 150+ on panel. Where are you on panel

Good luck

I'm 180-190. Noticed a lot of people turned it down when they were offering Cork, Dublin and Tralee, so I'm hoping that more will turn it down seeing as it's just Dublin now and the cost of living there is crazy high.

Has anyone heard from Revenue HR today.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Shredda23

Has anyone heard anything about offers in the Northwest? I read in the 2016 Comp thread that some offers went out last week to applicants in Donegal.

Was that for the Audit & Compliance competition.

• Advertisement

Was that for the Audit & Compliance competition.

Yeah it was for the 2016 EO competition I think. Was hoping to get offered somewhere near the North West but it looks like they are still working through applicants from the 2016 panel.

When did that panel start, it normally starts around issue of results time.

When did that panel start, it normally starts around issue of results time.

The interviews were completed in May so around 6 months or so. Are you waiting on an offer also from the 2017 Comp?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 poppins3

I'm in the 150+ so fingers crossed I get a call soon....

Are you on the 2016 open EO panel or the recent 2017 EO audit & compliance panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 tommy101

Shredda23 wrote: »
    The interviews were completed in May so around 6 months or so. Are you waiting on an offer also from the 2017 Comp?

It's a different panel. This thread is for the 2017 EO audit and compliance panel. The panel you are referring to is the open/interdepartmental EO, there is another thread on boards for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 poppins3

Are you on the 2016 open EO panel or the recent 2017 EO audit & compliance panel.

I'm on the 2017 EO Audit & Compliance panel

tommy101 wrote: »

It's a different panel. This thread is for the 2017 EO audit and compliance panel. The panel you are referring to is the open/interdepartmental EO, there is another thread on boards for that.
    Thanks for the info, seems to be different panels going on at the same time. Was the interdepartmental comp for the same  role as the EO audit and compliance roles? I have heard a few have now been confirmed for Donegal positions but they seem not to be selected from the 2017 EO comp.

Has anyone heard any more news about the 2017 panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Springdale17

I am between 155 and 160. No call received. I contacted HR a couple of weeks ago to enquire if all places were full for Dublin starting in January but got no reply.

• Advertisement

I sent them an e-mail asking them about where the panel is and how many vacancies they had left for the January intake. They didn't tell me either of those things and instead just told me where I was in the order of merit. Judging by my original number in the panel and where I am now in the order it seems like they have around 16 vacancies left to fill as of today for January. If I had to hazard a guess I'd say they're probably busy processing all of the people they took on over the past few weeks. The fact that they're supposedly interviewing for AO positions this week probably isn't helping matters either.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 cianirwin

i received my contract last week.. finished just above 100 and was offered dublin,cork or tralee. was on the 2016 panel for limerick last year but didnt get called. best of luck to everyone starting Jan and everyone still waiting on a call

Hi Cian Irwin, when you were on the 2016 comp, was there offers made after the original offer you received for Limerick? I am just wondering If it will just be Dublin Cork and Tralee being offered for the 2017 Comp.

Has anyone received an offer over the past week or so? I'm pretty sure they have around 16 or so positions left as of last week so I'd imagine they're making one last push for the early Jan intake.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Whistles49

Is it a limerick or Dublin number that they are calling off?

2017 panel, so Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 cianirwin

Hi Cian Irwin, when you were on the 2016 comp, was there offers made after the original offer you received for Limerick? I am just wondering If it will just be Dublin Cork and Tralee being offered for the 2017 Comp.

last year was different in that prior to interview you could choose dublin,limerick,kilkenny or galway, was the last location i think - or all 4. i picked limerick only and finished above 140 on the 2016 panel and wasnt offered anything in jan or sept. but people lower were offered other locations in Jan. when i got the call this year i asked about the possibility of limerick and they said their main intake for this year is for dublin, cork and tralee.if u dont get an offer or the location u want go again next year. the application form and interview were near identical both years

Just wondering, has anyone been called since the new year?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Springdale17

Just wondering, has anyone been called since the new year?

Dublin is full for January 2018. Looks like it could be September now.

• Advertisement

Do you have any idea what number they're at now? I remember getting an e-mail from them the week before xmas which implied that there was 10-15 positions left for the January intake at that point so I would imagine it's a fair bit higher now.

Advertisement