Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭mectavba

wonski wrote: »
    Thinking of going without Kane now.

Got Jesus instead, Alli to replace Sane and Kolasinac instead of Dawson. Money better spend and can go back to Kane with two transfer if he goes crazy.

Yay or Nay?

Yay.

A combination of Spurs fixtures, Wembley and the seeming air of negativity around the club means I'm going without. As you say, if we get it wrong it can rectified easy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Got Jesus instead, Alli to replace Sane and Kolasinac instead of Dawson. Money better spend and can go back to Kane with two transfer if he goes crazy.

Yay or Nay?
    mectavba wrote: »
    Yay.

A combination of Spurs fixtures, Wembley and the seeming air of negativity around the club means I'm going without. As you say, if we get it wrong it can rectified easy enough.

Sh1te, this idea is in my head now! Might just stick with Kane to be on the safe side though.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,186 ✭✭✭✭km79

Easier and safer to go with Kane and downgrade than to rip your team apart for gw3 home to burnley
    And yes I'm well aware what happened last year home to burnley :D

He will be highly captained this week too

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Sh1te, this idea is in my head now! Might just stick with Kane to be on the safe side though.

Just go with your gut. It's only GW1, mistakes in team selection or whatever can be quickly rectified without any massive consequences.

I'm just going with my boys and hoping for the best. If it works deadly, if it doesn't no big deal. It's a long time till May.

Raoul wrote: »
    As soon as he comes back he is going straight into my team.

He is back......

• Advertisement

Raoul wrote: »
    As soon as he comes back he is going straight into my team.

He is back......

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Fosu-Mensah likely to start for Palace this weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

keano_afc wrote: »
    Fosu-Mensah likely to start for Palace this weekend?

Fantasy football takes me to new depths of the internet. I've just spent the last 20 minutes on a Crystal Palace fan forum, and they seem to think so. Their predicted line-up is as follows

Speroni

TFM
    Dann
    Riedewald -
    -Townsend--Milivojević--Puncheon--PVA-
    RLC

Benteke
    Zaha

• Registered Users Posts: 47 DuhJerk

I'm flicking between Iheanacho, Chicarito and Gayle for some reason (along with Lukaku + Aguero), any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,514 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

km79 wrote: »
    Easier and safer to go with Kane and downgrade than to rip your team apart for gw3 home to burnley
    And yes I'm well aware what happened last year home to burnley :D

He will be highly captained this week too

2 transfer job for most. I could drop Jesus for example if he can't keep up with Kane and lose my 6.5 defender to pay for it. If other strikers are scoring as well as him then I'd be happy to continue without him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,514 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Fantasy football takes me to new depths of the internet. I've just spent the last 20 minutes on a Crystal Palace fan forum, and they seem to think so. Their predicted line-up is as follows

Speroni

TFM
    Dann
    Riedewald -
    RLC

Benteke
    Zaka

Can see that team ripped to shreds. Id only be interested in Palace attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Speroni

TFM
    Dann
    Riedewald -
    RLC

Benteke
    Zaka

Thanks for that. For some reason I thought he was a LB, so would lose out to PvA.

RLC lining up in the hole, as Mick McCarthy would say, is interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

He is back......

Who is back?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Who is back?

Son.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

tailgunner wrote: »
    Son.

Oh interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Yay or Nay?

I've taken him out with a view to getting him in in GW3. I have all those replacements you mentioned.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Coutinho submits transfer request:
    http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40897688

• Registered Users Posts: 14,262 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Is Blind likely to start?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Is Blind likely to start?

I can't see it.

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    I can't see it.

:D
    Well done

And I agree

• Advertisement

I'm done
    Except for yoshida.......the word "should " before be fine for the weekend has me worried

Stephens is same price so an easy switch and also like bonus

Trying to call which one would make way for VVD also in my thinking

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

Trying to call which one would make way for VVD also in my thinking

Hopefully Lovren !!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Speroni

TFM
    Dann
    Riedewald -
    RLC

Benteke
    Zaka

Speroni only started 1 game in preseason (compared with Hennessy's 4). IF he was first choice, he'd be a 4m goalkeeper that rotated perfectly with Elliot for 8m....
    Huddersfield (H), Huddersfield (A), Swansea (H), Brighton (A), West Ham (H)

But yeah, I don't think that's the team. TFM will be on the wing, Ward at the back. RLC deeper than Puncheon. Townsend competing with RLC and Puncheon for minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Tfm won't be on the wing.

Fdb said he sees him as right sided centre back or right back in a 433.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,172 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Have thus far settled on:

Begovic/Elliot
    B.Davies/Cedric/TAA/TFM/Marriapa
    Alli/KDB/Willian/Mkhi/RLC
    Lukaku/Lacazette/Chicarito

Davies as a stand in for Trippier, and depending on how well TTA does I may bring in Yedlin.

Genuine question though: will the potential "will he/won't he" Coutinho transfer saga have an adverse affect on Salah/Mane? I mean does their pace need his creativity to work? Was planning on monitoring them both and including one in place of Alli should the Wembley factor stunt Spurs early doors.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Saints fans love Stephens and they're pretty much 50/50 on paper so not sure who would make way I they get a defender in. I've Yoshida at the minute.

I'm taking a few risks at the back and accepting the fodder with a.... 442 :/

Foster
    Bellerin Jones Yoshida Danilo
    KdB Salah Willian Zaha
    Kane Lukaku

Myhill-Carol-Quaner-Long

I could Get Valencia for Jones and Holding for Bellerin but wing backs are way too tempting to pass up with teams opting for them lately. Bellerin gives a little bit it Arsenal. Danilo is a place holder for Trippier and the other defenders can be swapped without surgery if a defender takes off this weekend. I'd like cedric but not reliable at the minute

Tempted to double With Willian and Fab but Zaha might be up top with Benteke

Have thus far settled on:

Begovic/Elliot
    B.Davies/Cedric/TAA/TFM/Marriapa
    Alli/KDB/Willian/Mkhi/RLC
    Lukaku/Lacazette/Chicarito

Davies as a stand in for Trippier, and depending on how well TTA does I may bring in Yedlin.

Genuine question though: will the potential "will he/won't he" Coutinho transfer saga have an adverse affect on Salah/Mane? I mean does their pace need his creativity to work? Was planning on monitoring them both and including one in place of Alli should the Wembley factor stunt Spurs early doors.

I think coutinho AND Lallana out is a massive factor and it's why I've no issues going without pool attackers for now
    And then there is the champ league qualifiers against hoffenehim

• Registered Users Posts: 14,262 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Not really getting the Gabbiadini love, he's averaged less than 1 goal every 4 games(full career) in worse leagues than the Prem.

Not really getting the Gabbiadini love, he's averaged less than 1 goal every 4 games(full career) in worse leagues than the Prem.

There is no love
    Just necessity

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭sanket

Trippier red flagged. I guess ben davies is set for atleast 2 weeks now.?

Advertisement