Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Any thoughts on Hegazi (WBA) at 4.5?

McAuley out of the first 2 games at least, will Hegazi slot straight in for him?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 FPL23

Hey anyone have any money leagues on the go? Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Another predicament has popped into my head while last minute tinkering :rolleyes:

A) Pogba + Tadic

B) Salah + Ward-Prowse

This would be with the first 3-6 GW's in mind.

I already have Lukaku and no Liverpool attacking coverage so B appeals, but Ward-Prowse could be taken off early for say Boufal and used sparingly after the first week or even for Lemina if Pelligrino goes 4-3-2-1. That said, I've done a bit more digging on Tadic and some Saints fans don't think he's a guaranteed starter either and that there were some attitude problems last season that may not be rectified.

Tough one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Paully D wrote: »
    Another predicament has popped into my head while last minute tinkering :rolleyes:

A) Pogba + Tadic

B) Salah + Ward-Prowse

This would be with the first 3-6 GW's in mind.

I already have Lukaku and no Liverpool attacking coverage so B appeals, but Ward-Prowse could be taken off early for say Boufal and used sparingly after the first week or even for Lemina if Pelligrino goes 4-3-2-1. That said, I've done a bit more digging on Tadic and some Saints fans don't think he's a guaranteed starter either and that there were some attitude problems last season that may not be rectified.

Tough one.

I'd go for B personally, I think Salah with get off to a flier and you need at least one Pool attacking player.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,186 ✭✭✭✭km79

Morzadec wrote: »

McAuley out of the first 2 games at least, will Hegazi slot straight in for him?

I'm chancing him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

What's the story with Son for Spurs? He got a lot of points last year but don't see him in many teams. Will he start?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Son is out injured for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭IK09

I knew I shouldnt have come in here....had lindelof in my team since my very 1st draft...now im unsure he will start.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,709 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Morzadec wrote:

Yes, lots of talk in the RMT thread. Rotates well it Burnley players too I think.
    hefferboi wrote:
    What's the story with Son for Spurs? He got a lot of points last year but don't see him in many teams. Will he start?

Injured, still out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Is Ben Davies nailed on at LB for spurs

• Advertisement

Fk it I'll probably just get gabbi in :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,236 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

IK09 wrote: »
    I knew I shouldnt have come in here....had lindelof in my team since my very 1st draft...now im unsure he will start.

If I were you I'd be glad you did come in here or else it'd be a big 0 under Lindelof in your team :P

All jokes aside, DDG at 5.5 is your cheapest bet for guaranteed United coverage.

Jones at 5.0 or Darmian at 5.5 should both start but still slightly risky

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

hefferboi wrote: »
    I'd go for B personally, I think Salah with get off to a flier and you need at least one Pool attacking player.

Thanks mate.

Yeah, it spreads the attack around a bit for me instead of having 2 eggs in the United attacking basket in Pogba and Lukaku.

Ward-Prowse is far from safe but it seems like Tadic isn't exactly nailed on either from my research and I want to go with a Southampton midfielder.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,709 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Is Ben Davies nailed on at LB for spurs

Yes, rose is injured since Jan and will be eased back in so he should be good for 4-5weeks at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭IK09

If I were you I'd be glad you did come in here or else it'd be a big 0 under Lindelof in your team :P

All jokes aside, DDG at 5.5 is your cheapest bet for guaranteed United coverage.

Jones at 5.0 or Darmian at 5.5 should both start but still slightly risky

Ignorance is bliss man....its bliss i tell you!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭Raoul

hefferboi wrote: »

As soon as he comes back he is going straight into my team.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Thinking of going without Kane now.

Got Jesus instead, Alli to replace Sane and Kolasinac instead of Dawson. Money better spend and can go back to Kane with two transfer if he goes crazy.

Yay or Nay?

wonski wrote: »

Got Jesus instead, Alli to replace Sane and Kolasinac instead of Dawson. Money better spend and can go back to Kane with two transfer if he goes crazy.

Yay or Nay?

Could go either way - your midfield may score better as a result. But just keep in mind that you've taken the golden boot winner for the last 2 seasons. With that in mind, I'm keeping him in.

Yay or Nay?

Nay

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

87 people currently active on the forum, today's the day alright :D

Apart from a Cedric > Yoshida switch I think I'm done for today.

Like km I've moved away from the strong front three, as I think KDB and Firminio outscore Pogba/Mkhi and Jesus. This goes against everything Ive been thinking all summer, so we'll see :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Anybody thinking of doubling up on Southampton defence?!

Has pelligrino said ANYTHING about why Austin got zero minutes last week ?
    If I get gabbi in and he goes off before 60 for Austin............I can just see it happening

FFS reckon Andre gray is not a certainty to start

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Dónal wrote: »
    Could go either way - your midfield may score better as a result. But just keep in mind that you've taken the golden boot winner for the last 2 seasons. With that in mind, I'm keeping him in.
    km79 wrote: »
    Nay

Thanks guys, I just needed someone to tell me what I already know.

I think it is time to log off and stop making silly transfers for no reason :D

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Karma25

Anybody thinking of doubling up on Southampton defence?!

Forester and Stephens so far for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Is there a chance PVA won't start? I thought he would be nailed on but I've seen it suggested that he may be benched.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Yay or Nay?
    Massive YAY

Think you are all nuts saying Kane is a cert in your team. They just moved into a stadium where they played ****e in in the CL last year. Their main attacking exploits in Walker & Rose are gone (or at least the latter will probably be), there is unrest in the camp because of it, they usually start the season quite slow, they haven't brought in new blood, and their opening fixtures are NOT good until GW3.

Newcastle away is not an easy game and Chelsea at home is no gimme either. I'll wait until GW3 until I'll be bringing Kane in. Someone like Jesus who has over a 7PPP ratio IIRC is insane for 2M less. I'd save and invest elsewhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,418 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Massive YAY

Think you are all nuts saying Kane is a cert in your team. They just moved into a stadium where they played ****e in in the CL last year. Their main attacking exploits in Walker & Rose are gone (or at least the latter will probably be), there is unrest in the camp because of it, they usually start the season quite slow, they haven't brought in new blood, and their opening fixtures are NOT good until GW3.

Newcastle away is not an easy game and Chelsea at home is no gimme either. I'll wait until GW3 until I'll be bringing Kane in. Someone like Jesus who has over a 7PPP ratio IIRC is insane for 2M less. I'd save and invest elsewhere!

Rose missed the second half of last season and Kane did just fine. Rose being sold would have little effect on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

I've gone for Aguero over Kane. Away to Brighton. I think everyone is really sleeping on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Thatsfootball

Would Monreal be expected to start long-term once Kos and Mustafi are back?

Have Kolasinac and Bailly now but that's quite a bit on two defenders at the expense of a 2nd big hitter in midfield

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭d-gal

Any draft leagues I could join guys?

Advertisement