Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Any United fans care to hazard a guess who will start either side of Lukaku for opening game?

Wondering will Miki kick on this year but also giving Pogba serious consideration given Uniteds early fixtures - he was a let down last year but did still could have scored a lot more than he did.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Any United fans care to hazard a guess who will start either side of Lukaku for opening game?

Wondering will Miki kick on this year but also giving Pogba serious consideration given Uniteds early fixtures - he was a let down last year but did still could have scored a lot more than he did.

Preseason fixtures will tell a lot. My current guess would be something like this in a 4-3-3

DDG
    Valencia Bailly Lindelof Shaw
    New CDM/Fellaini/Carrick
    Herrera Pogba
    Mkhi Lukaku Martial

Although Peresic could be added into the mix yet

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

km79 wrote: »
    Chalaboh moving from Chelsea to Watford
    Another 4.5 option

Would a rotation with him and RLC work as 4th mid? Bit risky but the funds it would free up...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Preseason fixtures will tell a lot. My current guess would be something like this in a 4-3-3

DDG
    New CDM/Fellaini/Carrick
    Herrera Pogba
    Mkhi Lukaku Martial

Martial and Shaw the two big question marks there - he didn't seem to fancy either last season. There hasn't been any talk of Shaw leaving though so maybe Jose does actually intend on using him and last seasons bullying of him was meant to be 'management'. I'd say Rojo might be his no.1 left back next season but there is Darmian and Blind too making it a fantasy minefield.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Would a rotation with him and RLC work as 4th mid? Bit risky but the funds it would free up...

Only looked at first seven or so games, they both play home together and away together.
    No rotation early in season anyway.

• Advertisement

Martial and Shaw the two big question marks there - he didn't seem to fancy either last season. There hasn't been any talk of Shaw leaving though so maybe Jose does actually intend on using him and last seasons bullying of him was meant to be 'management'. I'd say Rojo might be his no.1 left back next season but there is Darmian and Blind too making it a fantasy minefield.

You can forget about Rojo till January anyway as he only has one leg. Jose has been bigging up Shaw recently so I think he's one to keep an eye on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

No chance Rojo will be left back. He was a disaster there last year. Ashley Young played a there a bit last year while Darmian covered both right & left side. Shaw has kept his head down & went back for early training this pre-season.

Lindelof is probably the best to choose from UTDs defence. Going on his previous teams-he doesn't seem to get booked much 1 yellow card last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

Alright dudes. Good to be back for another season.

I don't follow the Championship so I'm not really up on the 3 newbies coming in. What are your opinions on Dwight Gayle for Newcastle. He had 23 goals in the championship last year but only had 26 appearances, which is a concern. It seems he started strong with his minutes played but after January it was hit and miss.

Is he injury prone because he seemed to have missed months at a time? I noticed he did his hammy in Jan, which could explain the lack of minutes in the second half of the season

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

carnie wrote: »
    Alright dudes. Good to be back for another season.

I don't follow the Championship so I'm not really up on the 3 newbies coming in. What are your opinions on Dwight Gayle for Newcastle. He had 23 goals in the championship last year but only had 26 appearances, which is a concern. It seems he started strong with his minutes played but after January it was hit and miss.

Is he injury prone because he seemed to have missed months at a time? I noticed he did his hammy in Jan, which could explain the lack of minutes in the second half of the season

Yep he was injured a few times over the course of the season but who knows what Benitez wants to do with his attack.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

Thought he was much more of a defensive midfielder ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,153 ✭✭✭✭km79

Thought he was much more of a defensive midfielder ?

Defo not
    Has even played as a striker
    Number 10 or right of a front 3
    Not a DM

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

Defo not
    Has even played as a striker
    Number 10 or right of a front 3
    Not a DM

I mean Chalobah, I know RLC is all of the above

I mean Chalobah, I know RLC is all of the above

Ah sorry
    Yes Chalaboh is likely to be a DM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Walters starts up top against rovers :)

MarkSRFC21 wrote: »

And he scores

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

So who do Burnley rotate with :D:D

MarkSRFC21 wrote: »

Subbed after 35

• Registered Users Posts: 11,227 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

DDG
    New CDM/Fellaini/Carrick
    Herrera Pogba
    Mkhi Lukaku Martial

You can forget about Rojo till January anyway as he only has one leg. Jose has been bigging up Shaw recently so I think he's one to keep an eye on.
    Antibac wrote: »
    No chance Rojo will be left back. He was a disaster there last year. Ashley Young played a there a bit last year while Darmian covered both right & left side. Shaw has kept his head down & went back for early training this pre-season.

Lindelof is probably the best to choose from UTDs defence. Going on his previous teams-he doesn't seem to get booked much 1 yellow card last season.

Mourinho presser this evening said Rojo, Young, Shaw & Zlatan won't be back until the end of the year

Mourinho presser this evening said Rojo, Young, Shaw & Zlatan won't be back until the end of the year

I'd be shocked if Utd don't sign a LB now.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Division

-=al=- wrote: »
    Walter could be a shout and maybe out of position when he does play? Chance of an odd peno too but that's probably wishful thinking.

Fixtures at the start of the season aren't great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Division

Seems tougher to make a decent team this season. How many 4.0/4.5 players do you have in your squad?

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Division wrote: »
    Seems tougher to make a decent team this season. How many 4.0/4.5 players do you have in your squad?

Usually 5/6 in most of my drafts so far. Going 4.5s in goals and bench fodder midfielder but am finding the defence a bit trickier this season.

Deciding whether to go Lindelof or not and rotate cheapies or not is the real issue I'm struggling with.

If Trippier was confirmed as Spurs' starting right-back for the new campaign it'd make things a whole lot easier.

Costa didn't go on tour with Chelsea and has apparently been told he is no longer wanted at club

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭clairewithani

Costa didn't go on tour with Chelsea and has apparently been told he is no longer wanted at club

Hard to believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

https://fplhypetrain.wordpress.com/2017/05/25/201718-hypetrain-adam-smith/

Read this article about Adam Smith at the end of last season and it stuck in my mind. He's in my team for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

That's not actually what he said. He said some will be weeks & some months. Most of the papers/Sky are just running with Months. Either way Shaw not really an option yet. Most have him due back around October

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

He didn't. He made a comment about his 'crutch crew' and then a reference to the end of the year, which is causing Twitter to lose it's shít and jump to conclusions about a Shaw setback.

https://twitter.com/samuelluckhurst/status/885961840274145280

"Mourinho quote about 'Crutch Crew' being out until end of the year more of a reference to most extreme injuries (Rojo & Ibrahimovic). #mufc"

The last proper update was Shaw having an outside chance of returning in August but Sept at latest.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,227 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Antibac wrote: »
    That's not actually what he said. He said some will be weeks & some months. Most of the papers/Sky are just running with Months. Either way Shaw not really an option yet. Most have him due back around October
    FHFC wrote: »
    He didn't. He made a comment about his 'crutch crew' and then a reference to the end of the year, which is causing Twitter to lose it's shít and jump to conclusions about a Shaw setback.

"Mourinho quote about 'Crutch Crew' being out until end of the year more of a reference to most extreme injuries (Rojo & Ibrahimovic). #mufc"

The last proper update was Shaw having an outside chance of returning in August but Sept at latest.

I was taking it from the word of Simon Stone who is usually bang on the money with his United comments:

https://twitter.com/sistoney67/status/885950796734406656

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

https://fplhypetrain.wordpress.com/2017/05/25/201718-hypetrain-adam-smith/

Read this article about Adam Smith at the end of last season and it stuck in my mind. He's in my team for now.

He's unlikely to be first choice.

Francis Cook Ake Daniels

• Advertisement

FHFC wrote: »

He will get injured again anyway and be out till Xmas so it's all the one !

Advertisement