Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,153 ✭✭✭✭km79

Official fpl now tweeting about preseason goals and assists
    That's helpful .....

• Registered Users Posts: 36,171 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

km79 wrote: »
    Official fpl now tweeting about preseason goals and assists
    That's helpful .....

FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

FHFC wrote: »
    Do you really think he'll be fist choice there ahead of Barnes and Vokes? He's 33, I dunno if he has it in him to lead the line every week ahead of two much younger lads.

Also, he's been dodgy at penalties of late.

I would so love this to be a runner as he's one of my heros in the Ireland team, but I'm skeptical.

As things stand I'd say its a banker he starts. Gray has one year left on his contract and is looking for huge money I reckon he is gone. Walters is an upgrade on Barnes and vokes. I couldn't think of a more typical dyche player than Walters. He will love him and I'd expect him to play every game when fit. There is a chance he could play wide as Boyd is gone. The only issue I'd have with Walters is that he seems to pick up a lot of minor injuries. Anyway its weeks away so a lot can change but dyche is the most predictable manager in the league and it will be very clear prior to the big kick off what way he will line up. Barnes, Vokes and gray all took pens for Burnley last year so you wouldn't know who will take pens.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Making it easier every year ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Opinions on fabregas? 7.0 seems decent will he start the season in hazards absence

• Advertisement

Opinions on fabregas? 7.0 seems decent will he start the season in hazards absence

I sure hope so .......

Pva is 5.5
    I was just checking for a friend
    ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Been looking at the promoted teams, Brighton look to have some really nice defensive options.

Ryan in nets is their record signing, and at 4.5 can be a good enabler.

Their centre half Lewis Dunk is 4.5 as well, from looking at their results from last year he is as nailed on as they come and likes a goal. Same points stand for Shane Duffy also.

Early fixtures pretty good too :
    MCI, Lei, Wat, WBA, Bou, NEW

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Been looking at the promoted teams, Brighton look to have some really nice defensive options.

Their centre half Lewis Dunk is 4.5 as well, from looking at their results from last year he is as nailed on as they come and likes a goal. Same points stand for Shane Duffy also.

Shane duffy.........he has serious attacking threat
    Thanks for that

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Hmm interesting, cheers. There seems to be fewer 4.5 options in defence this season as a lot have been bumped up to 5m.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,943 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I'm sort of leaning towards staying away from City players until seeing what Pep's preferences are. Likes of Sterling, Sane or Silva would be great value if you knew they'd start, but big risk on who's starting there

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

As things stand I'd say its a banker he starts. Gray has one year left on his contract and is looking for huge money I reckon he is gone. Walters is an upgrade on Barnes and vokes. I couldn't think of a more typical dyche player than Walters. He will love him and I'd expect him to play every game when fit. There is a chance he could play wide as Boyd is gone. The only issue I'd have with Walters is that he seems to pick up a lot of minor injuries. Anyway its weeks away so a lot can change but dyche is the most predictable manager in the league and it will be very clear prior to the big kick off what way he will line up. Barnes, Vokes and gray all took pens for Burnley last year so you wouldn't know who will take pens.

Thanks Busts, brilliant info!!

I knew Gray seemed to be on the way out.

If this works that potential rotation with RLC gives a good fallback and 4th and 5th mids for 10m

Apparently snodgrass is been looked at by the promoted teams he would be a good big fish in small pond and be on set pieces too I'd say Huddersfield looking most likely atm

Brighton / Huddersfield rotation is good early on. Chris Löwe is an attacking full back who has taken pens in the past.

Apparently snodgrass is been looked at by the promoted teams he would be a good big fish in small pond and be on set pieces too I'd say Huddersfield looking most likely atm

He only signed for West Ham in January though so what's going on there?

Hasn't worked out as well as they hoped the board are looking at making as much of the money back as they can

Edit: he was offered plus money for arnie in the last day or 2 aswell

He only signed for West Ham in January though so what's going on there?

I think the long and the shortif it is he isn't very good !
    Relegation fighters /promotion chasers are his level
    Even west ham is a level too high

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Rights folks just getting ready to post the thread for the main pay league.

Few quick questions.

Everyone ok with 20 again?

I know we mentioned a tribute to Zarquon.

Are we doing a charity league in memory of Zarquon or shall we forever call this the Zarquon boards pay league?

kilburn wrote: »
    Rights folks just getting ready to post the thread for the main pay league.

Few quick questions.

Everyone ok with 20 again?

I know we mentioned a tribute to Zarquon.

Are we doing a charity league in memory of Zarquon or shall we forever call this the Zarquon boards pay league?

Yeah I'm happy with 20. There's the charity tournament which is going to be held annually now in Zarquon's memory as you say and no harm in naming it the Zarquon Boards Pay League either.

Cheers for running it Kilburn.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

km79 wrote: »
    Pva is 5.5
    I was just checking for a friend
    ;)

Whataloadofabsolutefuuckinbolloxthatis!!!!!!

• Advertisement

Whataloadofabsolutefuuckinbolloxthatis!!!!!!

Time for a new hero to step forward Mr P.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Does anyone know if Mitrovic will start?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Yeah I think he'll be an anti-puppy! In that he's just for Christmas, aka DGW37....

On a side note, I've still not even logged in yet so I'm going to have a casuals ID :o

Does anyone know if Mitrovic will start?

Fairly sure he was loaned out for half of last season ?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,033 ✭✭✭✭CSF

It is a weird one, with McAuley cheaper despite scoring significantly more last season, same with Daniels who unlike McAuley has attacking threat that isn't limited to corners.

Was sure he would be 5.0 and would have taken him at that price I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,033 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Who do people feel are the team with the below 10 million midfielders of choice this year? Trusty Alli and Eriksen to light up Wembley the same way they did WHL? Sane or either Silva to shine within that crazy depth in midfield that City have? Pogba or Mkhi? Salah or Coutinho? Fabregas or Pedro?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

There was big talk of him heading to Stoke, with Arnotovic heading in the opposite direction until Arnie got injured

CSF wrote: »
    Who do people feel are the team with the below 10 million midfielders of choice this year? Trusty Alli and Eriksen to light up Wembley the same way they did WHL? Sane or either Silva to shine within that crazy depth in midfield that City have? Pogba or Mkhi? Salah or Coutinho? Fabregas or Pedro?

Sane & Mane I like.

Ozil a possible sleeper. Lacazette could really suit him.

Ramsey could make my GW1 team at 7m. Was a starter in all the 343 games and finished season well.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Looking at fixtures and player prices. I might set up for a gw2 BB. A lot of the cheap defenders have good gw2 fixtures. I'll be wildcarding international break as usual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Sane & Mane I like.
    Does anyone know much about Bruno Silva? Where's he likely to fit into City's plans?

Advertisement