Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General FPL Chat 2017/18

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

km79 wrote: »
    Muatafi at 5.5 is another good option
    Has a decent goal threat from what I've seen of him

Maybe not from the start though.

Wenger always gives player who went far in international tournaments more time off.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Walters 5.5 mid .Burnley play 442 I reckon he will be first choice up front and could be on pens.

Great spot

• Registered Users Posts: 48,141 ✭✭✭✭km79

In you go Jonny my son
    Ye have nearly my squad picked for me now :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 650 ✭✭✭PVA

SlickRic wrote: »
    Noboby's mentioned Aguero at 11.5 being unbelievably reasonable.

He seems nailed on, so with all this Lukaku and Kane talk, I'd encourage people not to forget about old friends.

He was my first pick

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

5-3-2 baby

Fabianski 4.0
    Alonso Milner Bellerin Lindelof Trippier
    Sanchez Mané Zaha 4.5 4.5
    Lukaku Llorente 4.5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,563 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Tempted to start off with Aguero rather than Kane. City normally start well and Kane doesn't. Then there's the Wembley effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Rob Elliot 4.0m for Newcastle. A fan's favourite and has done very well for them. There were also rumours that Darlow could be leaving.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Rob Elliot 4.0m for Newcastle. A fan's favourite and has done very well for them. There were also rumours that Darlow could be leaving.
    Darlow supposed to be on way out along with Krul. But Rafa is looking to get Reina/Hart in so think Elliott will be No.2

• Registered Users Posts: 45,161 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Current draft...

Foster

Cedric
    Trippier
    Milner

Zaha
    Pogba
    Ali
    Ramsey

Sandro
    Lukaku
    Lacazette

Myhil, RLC, McAuley, Long

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I'm off out now. Can someone start up a Rate My Team thread? Just so that this thread doesn't get clogged up with so many posts of that nature. Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I'm off out now. Can someone start up a Rate My Team thread? Just so that this thread doesn't get clogged up with so many posts of that nature. Cheers.

Definitely time for that.

Brunt starting left back for west brom today in a familiar looking first 11
    Jrod and rondon both start so assume jrod is also reverse OOP

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Walters could be as perfect a 4th mid as you could find. I think they made a huge error with his pricing but that for us to capitalize on now.

Lukaku in 45% of teams

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Walters could be as perfect a 4th mid as you could find. I think they made a huge error with his pricing but that for us to capitalize on now.

Now let's not tell anyone else about it
    He is the key to getting all the big guns in

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

km79 wrote: »
    Lukaku in 45% of teams
    Rightly so :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Can you leave leave old leagues from last season in the app lads?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Phoenix Wright

FutureGuy wrote:

How certain is he to start? There doesn't seem to be a great deal of value around that price bracket.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,262 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Walters might not be nailed on. Have Burnley sold any of their strikers? If not then it's probably Gray and one of Vokes/Walters/Barnes. And Burnley are hardly prolific either. It could work out, but I think at this stage it's very much classified as a punt.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,803 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

How certain is he to start? There doesn't seem to be a great deal of value around that price bracket.

Capoué scored a hatful last year, Loftus-Cheek gone on loan to Palace.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,284 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Not seen it posted yet, but rotating teams:

Ars/Spurs
    Bou/Sou
    Bri/Hud
    Bur/Che
    Pal/Sto
    Eve/Pool
    Lei/New
    City/Utd
    Swa/WBA
    Wat/WH

• Registered Users Posts: 5,803 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

whats this?

Allows you to switch defenders, midfielders according to the fixture list.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Walter could be a shout and maybe out of position when he does play? Chance of an odd peno too but that's probably wishful thinking.

Loftus for 4.5 will probably be everyone's 5th mid... JWP for 5.5 with them fixtures is decent, Allen for 5.5 is just meh and Walters for 5.5 is a punt maybe

I'll most likely start with Lukaku and Kane. It's easier to drop one if needs be or they don't fire rather than struggle to get them in if they do fire in the first week.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,125 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Fairly certain.

No way he's leaving being a squad player with a fair amount of starts at Stoke to being the same thing at Burnley.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Phoenix Wright

Capoué scored a hatful last year, Loftus-Cheek gone on loan to Palace.

I've got RLC in my first draft, seems as good an option at £4.5m as any atm. Had Capoué from GW1 last year though benched him for all his points.

I've got RLC in my first draft, seems as good an option at £4.5m as any atm. Had Capoué from GW1 last year though benched him for all his points.

Tom Carroll too

• Registered Users Posts: 9,373 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Can someone start up a Rate My Team thread? Just so that this thread doesn't get clogged up with so many posts of that nature.

AKA the "Everyone post their team and nobody rate anyone else's team" thread

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Walters 5.5 mid .Burnley play 442 I reckon he will be first choice up front and could be on pens.

Do you really think he'll be fist choice there ahead of Barnes and Vokes? He's 33, I dunno if he has it in him to lead the line every week ahead of two much younger lads.

Also, he's been dodgy at penalties of late.

I would so love this to be a runner as he's one of my heros in the Ireland team, but I'm skeptical.

manual_man wrote: »
    Walters might not be nailed on. Have Burnley sold any of their strikers? If not then it's probably Gray and one of Vokes/Walters/Barnes. And Burnley are hardly prolific either. It could work out, but I think at this stage it's very much classified as a punt.

Gray is on the way out I believe.

• Advertisement

I was looking at Paschal Gross of Brighton as 5.5m 5th mid. Hes an AM who has second highest number of chances created in Bundesliga, with a relegated side.

5 goals and 4 assists but apparently started season playing more deep. Likely to have set pieces, scored 3 penalties in those 5 goals.

RLC is a great option and a potential viable 4th mid, so I was looking at possibly rotating RLS and Gross to give: HUD, lei, SWA, WBA, SOT, NEW first 6.

But Walters if he really is gonna start is even better and also rotates superbly with Palace giving : HUD, WBA, SWA, CPL, SOT, HUD first six.

Advertisement