Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love Island 2017

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭don corleone

Montanas great an all but does anyone else wince when she screams "Guys!!! Got a text" for the 2 billionth time. 
    Also Olivia is one of the most annoying contestants Ive seen with my limited knowledge of reality TV. Would love to see Chris dump her just to see her reaction :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

• Registered Users Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭kopite386

I will spoiler my reaction to last night's show at ITV2 pace but I can't believe
    the new girl chose Kem the day after he asked Amber to be his girlfriend, the way she said I had to pick someone well yeah you did but you didn't have to choose someone who was officially in a relationship so I can understand the way Amber is feeling but I love how Kem went straight to Amber when he was chosen
    I may be in the minority but I actually like Kem and Amber. As for Tyla she basically asked Theo to recouple with her when she was saying "don't choose me but Dom said that to Jess and sparks flew so maybe.." also can't stand Jonny so loved Theo's impressions of him.
    I was happy when Theo chose Tyla - her reaction though she basically asked him to recouple with her and I doubt she would've kissed Jonny straight away if she hadn't seen how Kem went straight to Amber, and the Jonny trying to pull a "muggy mike" type line just did not go anywhere he thought it would make him seem like this cool lad but love how it backfired :D

One thing I hate about the show is how it's always such a good show on a Friday and then we have to wait until Sunday for the fallout, I hate having no show on a Saturday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I normally really hate mimicry, I think it's a very cruel and unnecessary form of wit.
    But I'm loving Theo's impressions of angry Johnny, the blinking and head bobbing in annoyance. He has him off to a tee!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,681 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

kopite386 wrote: »
    I will spoiler my reaction to last night's show at ITV2 pace but I can't believe
    the new girl chose Kem the day after he asked Amber to be his girlfriend, the way she said I had to pick someone well yeah you did but you didn't have to choose someone who was officially in a relationship so I can understand the way Amber is feeling but I love how Kem went straight to Amber when he was chosen
    I may be in the minority but I actually like Kem and Amber. As for Tyla she basically asked Theo to recouple with her when she was saying "don't choose me but Dom said that to Jess and sparks flew so maybe.." also can't stand Jonny so loved Theo's impressions of him.
    I was happy when Theo chose Tyla - her reaction though she basically asked him to recouple with her and I doubt she would've kissed Jonny straight away if she hadn't seen how Kem went straight to Amber, and the Jonny trying to pull a "muggy mike" type line just did not go anywhere he thought it would make him seem like this cool lad but love how it backfired :D

One thing I hate about the show is how it's always such a good show on a Friday and then we have to wait until Sunday for the fallout, I hate having no show on a Saturday :D

You do know that
    she wouldn't of been watching the previous few days because they are prepared for entering the villa i.e no phone, tv etc

• Advertisement

I think the girls are very bitchy and nasty when a new girl comes in. I think the only two that really make an effort when a new girl com s in to make them feel welcome is Camillia and Montana.

I know it's the metro bit Jesus Christ he only knew for 3 days I knew he was bit much but didn't expect this
    https://twitter.com/MetroUK/status/884036423971745792

Caroline Flack hinted there could be a twist in regards to prize and sharing the money etc coming up on C4 Sunday Brunch today.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I would never ever last more than a few hours with Olivia, she just loves drama. She's pretty much manufacturing arguments with Chris now, his friends and families going ape. Standard peer pressure on him expecting him to act a certain way to the newcomers, it's like they're kids. Absolutely pathetic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭ShazGV

I can't believe the turnaround in myself towards Chris. Had no time for him at the start, but he's one of my favourites now!

ShazGV wrote: »
    I can't believe the turnaround in myself towards Chris. Had no time for him at the start, but he's one of my favourites now!

Liv is such a cow.

Olivia can't bear the attention moving from her. When she was suggesting they go on a break she was watching him so intently from behind her shades, enjoying his pain, when she finally saw she'd twisted the knife she actually smirked.
    She has no fears of him moving on from her either, she really is not bothered. I think she feels she'll be able to play him like a violin because behind the bluster he's actually a decent, nice guy who hasn't a clue about the level of manipulation she's capable of.

I'm a lighter note, I'm loving Theo. Really hope they won't be let get rid of him too quickly. It's a pity he wasn't in earlier.

Does everyone think what's his face(Dan?) actually likes Camila? Something between them seems awfully flat. She's just a little too coy for comfort at this point. He looks a bit bored but like there's nothing doing elsewhere. Their conversation on books was pretty much just "I read books", "Oh me too", and who hasn't heard of Richard Dawkins? They haven't had a single meaningful looking interaction since.

Camillia acts the same way around all the guys who have shown interest in her, I don't think that's natural, I think we all interact differently with people but with all the guys it's the same oh I'm so shy sweet n innocent bullsh*t, it's just getting cringe at this stage.

Yeah, Camilla is straying into slightly weird territory for me now. From telling Theo off for not apologizing to Johnny to the super coy stuff. It's all feeling a little one dimensional. I thought the kiss between herself and Dan just looked a bit off. You're really not having a good time when you have to break out the "so... what are you thinking? " line, it's the equivalent of "oh God I have nothing to say, this silence will go on forever". By far and away the worst answer to it is "I'm thinking what are you thinking". I've a feeling had this not been on tv he'd have been like "I'm thinking I better be going home, I've an early start tomorrow". He had his arms actually wrapped around himself while they kissed too,it was like they were both in some sort of semi fetal position.

If this lad is a CK model who's lived in New York for 10 years then he'll get turned off by the "oh I'm just so shy and nice and sweet <bats eyelids>" that Camilla is doing.
    Also I'd hate to be the one to break the news to her but when she asked, "how would you even think of that" when he made her the birthday breakfast, it's not his first rodeo cowgirl. He's either taken the idea off a friend or used for a girl in the past. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Rmgblue

I have a HUGE problem! Chanel 105, 3e has just vanished!!!!!!!
    My housemate hates love island but I didn't think she'd do that!!

Rmgblue wrote: »
    I have a HUGE problem! Chanel 105, 3e has just vanished!!!!!!!
    My housemate hates love island but I didn't think she'd do that!!

You can still watch it on the 3 player at tv3.ie they also have a live option which so you can actually watch it when it's broadcast on tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭HiGlo

I think that Cam is genuinely a shy/coy kinda girl, but I think she's upping it a bit for tv..... I do really like her though, she's such a sweetheart.
    Didn't believe that Craig guy for a second and Johnny is THE biggest game player of the whole thing. I don't think he even gives a **** about Tyla, she was just the only way he could legitimately get away from Cam without risking being dumped from the Island. I can't stand him. He's pure fake and childish and not a nice person.
    I like Cam and the new boy Jamie. Not sure they'd work outside though. I def want to see Tyla and Theo get together, right in front of Johnny!! haha....

I'm also loving Chris's transition from a bit of a love rat at the start, to such a sweetheart. He's soooo nice. In last nights ep (ITV2), I loved how he talked about Olivia's freckles... hahaha And there was one episode where he spoke about Camilla and he was so genuine and nice about her. And when he asked Olivia to come and visit his cows.........!!!! awwwwwwww......

I really like Gaby and Marcel and think they're the only couple I think would make it on the outside.

Really hope the public don't put
    Mike and Sam back in

• Advertisement

Hmmm ...
    So the mask slips with Gabby. What was all of that bitching about her and Marcel's "role" being taken by Montana and Alex? It sounded like she's been calculating in carving out a niche for herself, basically as Marcel's gf. Let him do the counselling and the caring, she'll be the useless sidekick. I've always thought she jumped on board the Marcel train to the final without really liking him. I feel she kind of confirmed tonight that she's very conscious of winning and of playing a convenient role to do so.

I didn't feel that was where Marcel was going to take the conversation though but it didn't get any chance to go there once Gabby pounced on them being overshaddowed in their "role".
    I'm starting to think maybe Marcel quietly likes Camilla. He gave very short shrift to Jamie when he came looking to him for advice on to proceed with Camilla, even the narrator noted it being out of character, and then he's bothered Cam is confiding in someone else and being encouraged to pursue something with Jamie! I've also noticed Gabby is really very keen for Cam to have a partner and very encouraging of her if there's a bit of romantic buzz but she isn't so bothered about her when she's broken hearted! We never really saw her comforting Camilla after the Johnny thing or making an effort with her, she only came across bored and sullen around her. So I'm wondering if she's picked up on something there between the two of them and she feels maybe Camila is the only real threat to her in there.

Hmmm ...
    So the mask slips with Gabby. What was all of that bitching about her and Marcel's "role" being taken by Montana and Alex? It sounded like she's been calculating in carving out a niche for herself, basically as Marcel's gf. Let him do the counselling and the caring, she'll be the useless sidekick. I've always thought she jumped on board the Marcel train to the final without really liking him. I feel she kind of confirmed tonight that she's very conscious of winning and of playing a convenient role to do so.

I didn't feel that was where Marcel was going to take the conversation though but it didn't get any chance to go there once Gabby pounced on them being overshaddowed in their "role".
    I'm starting to think maybe Marcel quietly likes Camilla. He gave very short shrift to Jamie when he came looking to him for advice on to proceed with Camilla, even the narrator noted it being out of character, and then he's bothered Cam is confiding in someone else and being encouraged to pursue something with Jamie! I've also noticed Gabby is really very keen for Cam to have a partner and very encouraging of her if there's a bit of romantic buzz but she isn't so bothered about her when she's broken hearted! We never really saw her comforting Camilla after the Johnny thing or making an effort with her, she only came across bored and sullen around her. So I'm wondering if she's picked up on something there between the two of them and she feels maybe Camila is the only real threat to her in there.

Ya do u remember when Gabby had like a mini meltdown and got really upset about never being picked by a guy for a date, I was like if you were with a guy you really liked you wouldn't give two f*cks about being picked for dates, it wouldn't even cross your mind.

I think it's so funny the way. The narrator callsMarcel Dr Marcel and then if he's not around for advice a locum aka Chris or Kem take his place. I think Theo is really funny.

fin12 wrote: »

Don't know if that is set in stone yet.
    The person is on the island for the VT purposes but the vote will dictate otherwise, chances are the two will get back in.

I feel sorry for Jonny, as I've said before, Camilla made him chase and chase while behaving like a teenager with him. It looks like Tyla is actually his "type" the missus assures me based on his ex gfs. He then was being forced into something he's not by Tyla and dropped it. As he said to her all he wanted was for her to stop flirting with Theo, which isn't too much to ask for a pairing that were on the road to "something".

I had to agree with Theo, even though it was shocking timing
    if Tyla is that distraught then she'd walk after him

razorblunt wrote: »
    Don't know if that is set in stone yet.
    The person is on the island for the VT purposes but the vote will dictate otherwise, chances are the two will get back in.

I feel sorry for Jonny, as I've said before, Camilla made him chase and chase while behaving like a teenager with him. It looks like Tyla is actually his "type" the missus assures me based on his ex gfs. He then was being forced into something he's not by Tyla and dropped it. As he said to her all he wanted was for her to stop flirting with Theo, which isn't too much to ask for a pairing that were on the road to "something".

I thought it was funny the night Tyler told him its over, he was upstairs and the lads were saying to him hes never looked so happy and then your one Tyler storms off downstairs to sleep. I don't think she ever really liked him that much.

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Really hope the public don't put
    Mike and Sam back in

See I'm the opposite I do want them to
    Could you imagine Chris' and Olivia face when Mike walks back in, also im really not interested in new guys there is less than 2 weeks left so I don't understand putting more people in we should be voting more people off

razorblunt wrote: »

I agree I said that yesterday he made a valid point it was just shockingly bad timing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭buswankers

kopite386 wrote: »
    I agree I said that yesterday he made a valid point it was just shockingly bad timing :D

I thought it was hilarious he knew exactly what he was doing I actually love him! Like
    why would Tyla stay? Telling Johnny she'd wait for him? Sure she has to know she has no chance of winning anyway :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

buswankers wrote: »
    I thought it was hilarious he knew exactly what he was doing I actually love him! Like
    why would Tyla stay? Telling Johnny she'd wait for him? Sure she has to know she has no chance of winning anyway :rolleyes:

Agreed
    both her & Jonny should know they had no chance of winning, always in the bottom of the public vote

Advertisement